PDA

View Full Version : More than Dressing

Donna Marie
03-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Yes, we are Cross Dressers, but isn't it about more than just dressing?

For me it isn't so much what clothes I have on, but that I feel like a woman, or at least a bit like one. This morning was cold and windy when it was time for Dog Walk No. 1 of the day. I put on patterned black tights, hip pads, bra AND forms, femme jeans, femme top and then I hid the whole effort with my heavy winter coat. Also wore my usual guy shoes. To the observer (if there any nuts enough to be out at that hour in the cold) I looked like a guy in a heavy coat. Underneath I felt like a woman and loved it.

I guess I'm trying to say it isn't so much what I wear, but what I feel like at the time. And there are lots of times that I definitely feel feminine regardless of what I'm wearing.

HOWEVER - I will say I really love wearing those heels when I can!!

Talon DeRojo
03-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Donna Marie - I agree. It's how dressing makes me feel that is the attraction. I know I'm never going to 'pass', so how I look isn't a big deal. Wearing long nails, heels, and anything satiny makes me feel elegant, sexy, and feminine.
Talon:happy:

Joy Carter
03-17-2007, 09:48 AM
It's all about feeling pretty and uninhibited in how I dress and act.:D

marie354
03-17-2007, 10:44 AM
I enjoy the feeling as well and I try to dress my age any more.
I'm running out of "totaly guy clothes" 'cause I'm slowly throwing them out, bit-by-bit.
I normally wear women's jeans or leggings when I go out of the house now and my tops are getting a bit more feminine as well. Little-by-little... Step-by-step... I'm getting out there. Haven't done makeup when I go out yet, but I'm thinking about at least accenting my lower lashes now, and maybe base makeup & blusher. Not sure about lipstick yet... I like reds, mostly.... And they are very visible.

lois8795
03-17-2007, 05:01 PM
yeah i think its more than cross dressing .. to me its.. i guess its what you can get over with . almost every day i put on garters and hose, womens pants, jewerly and perfume.. but i don't go the whole nine yards for me it makes no sense i can't pass.. no way in frozen hell haha. i wish i could but its not goting to happen.. i think that some cd's have to understand that but to each their own, what ever makes you happy. the hardest part is the shoes.. theres men shoes, women shoes and shoes that fall somewhere in between.. i have all three types..and i love the womens shoes the most.. guys shoes are just boring.

Daintre
03-17-2007, 05:06 PM
The dressing leads to a feeling, when dressed, yes I feel so much more at ease, more real. When in drab, that brings out a completely different feeling, more on edge and feeling like I am acting the male part.

Byllie
03-17-2007, 05:15 PM
To me it's all about letting what's on the outside reflect how I want to feel in the inside.

Kate Simmons
03-17-2007, 05:33 PM
To me dressing has become a matter of control. I'm totally in control of the situation and I call the shots. It's not a "take me over" type of situation, it's more like I'm controlling who I want to be when I want and what I want to look like at any given time. Maybe that's what happens when you get to my level of balance. All I really know for sure is that I'm doing it because I want to, not because I have to and that makes me very happy.:happy:

CDTiffany
03-18-2007, 12:23 AM
It is a complete, sence of being, i feel sexy, At ease, Pretty, I feel ME!!!!
I can relate with going to work 9to5 during the week. Friday comes, I do a countdown.... 5 hours left, 2 hours left, till TIFFANY TIME!!!!!! All week end I get to be me!!!!! I feel every emotion there is, at least all the good ones!
XOXO Tiffany

AmberTG
03-18-2007, 01:54 AM
I carry my feminine side with me all the time, work included. I haven't worn men's underwear in months, my panties are usually plain hipsters, I almost never wear a thong anymore. I've been wearing plain women's jeans to work and everywhere else. I can wear jeans to work so that's no problem. I usually wear a t-shirt and a sweatshirt to work because it's likely to get dirty on any given day, no different than any woman would do in my place. It helps me to feel like the real me, not the "manly" act I used to have to put on. I never was very "manly", I can do it well enough to get by, but I've grown tired of the act. I like my feminine side, even if I can only express it in small ways.

Eugenie
03-18-2007, 02:58 AM
For me, there is definitely more that "dressing as a woman" in my X-dressing, as I feel like a woman (at least what I think a woman might feel like:o ) even when I'm in male clothes. I observe things with a woman sensibility, behave often as a woman (The president of my association told me that I did not behave like a man, but behaved and even thought like a woman).

I'm almost always in "femme" mode, even when I'm not wearing any feminine clothes or underwear. It is only when I'm doing some activities that are usually attributed to male responsibilities in our society that I sometimes manage to forget about my "femme side"...

But of course, I enjoy dressing "en femme" as much as I can. It makes me feel so much better. Be it in casual attire of in elegant outfits, I just love being in my profound feminine self.
:hugs:
Eugenie

melissacd
03-18-2007, 03:24 AM
For me, there is definitely something more to this than just dressing. Being biologically a male I cannot possibly know what it is like to be a female, no male can. On the other hand, being that gender and biology are not the same thing, I can say that I feel more feminine and there is something very nice about that feeling. Being a male to female cross dresser is an experience that is uniquely male, something that a biological woman cannot feel or be.

In femme mode I feel (but not necessarily look) more confident, sensual, sexy, playful, sassy, cute, cozy, happy, authentic, vulnerable, in sync, at ease (and many other more things) than when I am dressed drab.

Phyliss
03-18-2007, 09:26 AM
A theme I find in the above postings, is ATTITUDE.
While the clothing does help to arrive at a particular "feeling" they are just decorations, (albeit very pretty ones) but, decorations none the less.
This subject is something I've been thinking about lately. I don't have a "super large" wardrobe nor is it just one pair of panties that i have hidden in a tool box in my work shop. My wife knows I crossdress and really doesn't like it, if she had half a chance I know she'd throw out everything that even remotely resembled female clothing. I've thought about that possibility and what my reaction would be. I know one thing, even if I was forced to wear all male clothes, and had to stop shaving and waxing and end up looking like some hairy knuckle dragging ape, there is one place nobody can go, and that is, MY MIND.
All clothing, lotions, potions, perfume, and paint could be taken away and I still have my own mind. THAT is where "PHYLISS" resides.
Sure the pretty clothes and makeup do help in the "attitude" but even without all the "extras" I have a "place" in my mind where I can go and become who I want to be.

Note to marie354: try this, L'Oreal #165 "tickled pink" available at Walgreens, quite light and not at all noticeable. Only one comment about it and I replied that I was wearing cherry chap stick. Nothing more was said.

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Sorry to sound shallow, but for me it is all about the clothes.

I do enjoy learning about others.