PDA

View Full Version : Encoraged to do/show an interest in femenine things

heathr1
03-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Were you, as a child/teenager encouraged by a GG to do anything femenine?

In addition to being asked to wear a shirt/top which mother bought me in town by mistake, thinking it was a boys' top and it was in fact a girls', she asked if I'd wear it and I did, I was also encouraged to compliment her GG friends on their hairdos/clothes/make-up.

Andrea Nicole
03-17-2007, 08:55 PM
No ..

Billijo49504
03-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Not really, only in my dreams....BJ

marie354
03-17-2007, 09:54 PM
I wasn't really encouraged to, but I had to wear hand-me-downs. The only hand-me-downs that were women's were jeans and you couldn't really tell unless you saw the size tag.

Unless you count the time I was forced to wear a white slip for a school play that I didn't want to be a part of. (I was a snowflake in a christmas play.)

DeeInGeorgia
03-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Only asked to wear a skirt and a dress by my mother while she marked them for hemming.

Dee

Ammdi
03-18-2007, 01:08 AM
Was asked to wear a bikini bottom as a swimsuit when I was 8-9.

Billijo_06
03-18-2007, 05:50 AM
No, I was never encouraged to dress in girls clothes, but then again there where very few girls in my neighborhood when I was young.

Suzie S.
03-18-2007, 07:15 AM
Nope, not me!

RachelDenise
03-18-2007, 08:29 AM
I remember a particular Halloween when my best friend and I went out as girls. I loved it! I wore my step sister's dress that had the 36-24-36 on it! Mom did my make-up and I think to this day, one of the highlights of my CD career. I was already wearing her things at that time but had to play it cool when she did the make-up.

Angie G
03-18-2007, 08:46 AM
No I was not wish I nad :hugs:
Angie

Daintre
03-18-2007, 08:55 AM
I was never bought anything feminine, but I sure got lot of hand me down, that happens when you are the only boy with 2 older sisters. The only thing passed on to me that even looked female was the pajamas and that is because the motif was girly.

Tiffy
03-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Lord no, I was given a chain saw for my 8th birthday. I wish it was a skirt.........

Tiffy

Amy Hepker
03-18-2007, 10:13 AM
I do believe that I had to wear a skirt while my sister hemmed it.

Jodie_Lynn
03-18-2007, 10:17 AM
How is complimenting a woman's appearance, makeup, hair, etc considered feminine? I always thought it was just good manners.

heathr1
03-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Correct, it is good manners, but when your mother and her friend show you their make-up purchases and you're invited to smell lipstcks etc. and touch and kiss her GG friend's long silky hair it is a bit girly, but great fun too!

TxKimberly
03-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Were you, as a child/teenager encouraged by a GG to do anything femenine?

In addition to being asked to wear a shirt/top which mother bought me in town by mistake, thinking it was a boys' top and it was in fact a girls', she asked if I'd wear it and I did, I was also encouraged to compliment her GG friends on their hairdos/clothes/make-up.

No, nothing along those lines.
Kim

Jodi Lynn
03-18-2007, 04:23 PM
One time my gf now wife put makeup on me and curled my hair. I loved it and I told her that, but she didn't catch on back then.

Karren H
03-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Nope....

Karren

goofus
03-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Lord no, I was given a chain saw for my 8th birthday. I wish it was a skirt.........

Tiffy

Holy crap, what kind of parents give an 8 year old kid a chainsaw?? :eek:

silkie h
03-18-2007, 07:54 PM
My Aunt found out that I had been wearing her stuff ( long Story ) as a child around age 5/6. She actually gave me some of her things to wear including a skirt & a pair of stockings. I believe her logic was that if she let me wear them voluntarily then the " phase " would wear off. Neither of us knew any better. I remember putting everything on & going downstairs in my "outfit" one day. I also remember being very embarassed, so I gave everythinng back. She never caught me out again. I believe she thought she had succeeded......

Portsmouth_Jennifer
03-18-2007, 08:14 PM
When I was 10 yrs old, a nun in Catholic School punished me for yelling at a girl classmate...mad me roll up my pants, put a blue school skirt on me a white blouse and a red ribbon in my hair...made to stay that way all day..had to play in the girls schoolyard...made to stand in the hallway, so all could see. What a sensation it was and she didn't know that thisfor me was not punishment. Only wish she made me wear panties...lol

subcd
03-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Never had the pleasure.

Ronnie
03-18-2007, 09:31 PM
I get invited to watch TV a lot by my GG friends, You know like Dawsons Creek and stuff like that. And they always ask me to go shopping with them instead of their SO's. I think I may be giving off some feminine vibes or something. Not that I hate it or anything. I get to go out and do feminine things , albeit dressed as a guy, but it still makes me feel like one of the girls.

Penny
03-18-2007, 10:20 PM
No, but I was more than encouraged to eat peas; they of kinda dainty!

Roxi Loh
03-19-2007, 12:31 AM
No I never was...loved the chainsaw gift though....

satinjackie
03-19-2007, 05:22 AM
i always got my sisters old magazines. Uk teen girls magazines like "jackie" filled my room and, as i grew up, went on to womens magazines, then buying my own womens mags when i started work

carolinebrookes
03-19-2007, 08:20 AM
My elder sister encouraged me after her success at getting me dressed as a St Trinians Schoolgirl for a fancy dress party. I think she sensed something in me that made her pusue it.
I still remember her barging into my bedroom a few months later with a dress of hers that I liked. "want to try it on?" she asked as I sat gobsmacked.
She left it on my bed. Of course I couldn't resist and did try it on. It was a little too big and I ended up borrowing a belt of hers to go round the waist. It looked better for it.

As the years went on, I was "out" to her and we shared clothes and makeup even fighting sometimes over who was going to wear what.
Thanks dear Sister!

MsEva
03-19-2007, 10:01 AM
When I was 10 yrs old, a nun in Catholic School punished me for yelling at a girl classmate...mad me roll up my pants, put a blue school skirt on me a white blouse and a red ribbon in my hair...made to stay that way all day..had to play in the girls schoolyard...made to stand in the hallway, so all could see. What a sensation it was and she didn't know that thisfor me was not punishment. Only wish she made me wear panties...lol

Oh those nuns of Portsmouth Catholic! hehe

Bonnie D
03-19-2007, 10:42 AM
I was never encouraged. I'm the eldest of 4 boys and no sisters. I often wished it but it never happened. Everything was done on my own and in secret which means besides my dressing, reading through women's magazines, watching women's talk shows and things like that.

Bonnie

loki_uk
03-19-2007, 11:41 AM
My mum used to give me her cast off shirts because they fitted me and my dads didn't, they werent things that looked overly girly

At first school, I got bullied severely and ended wetting myself on numerous occasions and got sent home wearing those big blue school knickers...funny how some of those never found there way back to school there were certainly more comfy than the yfronts I was sent to school in so I can blame it on my education lol

Lisa Golightly
03-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Nope... They even threw out my teddy bear. Poor Pandy *sniff* :(

Rhonda Jean
03-20-2007, 08:06 AM
I always had long hair and my Mom rolled my hair on a regular basis. I don't think she saw it as particularly feminine. She just did it because it made my hair look better.

In high school I wore a lot of girls' pants and shirts, even at least one pair of stacked heels (that were popular for boys and girls in the '70's. The girl's were just a little higher.). Again, I don't think she cared whether they were boy's or girl's, they just fit my skinny body better.

Charleen
03-20-2007, 08:15 AM
My mom sewed alot of her clothes, and I was the fitting mannequin.

KarenNY
03-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Yes, I was, by my mother... it's a long story, but she discovered that I had been trying on her clothes through most of my elementary school years... she caught me almost red-handed when I was 12, and started encouraging me from then... it's not like I was ever exclusively "raised" as a girl through my teen years, but my mother allowed me to dress up quite a lot, in clothes that she bought for me, often with her help and supervision... it was just her and me in the house, so that made things a lot easier. Rather than drive a wedge between us by not letting me crossdress, she chose to be accepting and understanding. She figured I wouldn't stop anyway, so I might as well do it right, but within certain boundaries that she set... I have crossdressed as much as I can since then, but am now married to a non-tolerant wife, so I very rarely get to dress up as I once did...

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
my sister used to dress me up in her clothes as a child.

I must say I thinkest I didst not protestith too much. Just enough to hide how much I loved it