PDA

View Full Version : A Heightened Sense??

Katelyn
03-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi everyone. My question is can a CD be 100% passable if we can see that they are one? Last time I went to visit my Girlfriend in San Bernardino, we were in Wal-Mart looking at shoes when two girls came next to us. My GF was surprised to see me match some (women’s) shoes to my feet in front of them. After they walked away, I let hr know that the reason I was so comfortable was because they were CD's. My gf had to take a second look. Then a third. Then a fourth. She still didn't believe me. That's when I asked her to quit looking over at them. Even though she was discreet, the reason I pointed them out to her was to show her that we are not few and far as everyone would like to believe. So, my questions are:

1: Was I wrong to point them out to her? (probably yes)

2: Was the only reason I was able to tell they were CD's was because I am also one and therefore have a heightened sense towards it?

I still think they were 100% passable even though I could tell. They looked like college age girls.
I look forward to hearing your answers.

marie354
03-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Did you know them? Maybe you should have introduced them to your SO rather than pointing them out.

Katelyn
03-17-2007, 10:58 PM
NO, I didn't know them. I Would've liked to though, but how do you introduce yourself to strangers? I know the last thing I would want is for someone to know while in public...unless lets say one of you came up and said "Hey! I know you from the website!" or something similar.

marie354
03-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Maybe if I had been out somewhere where you had been when you were dressed and I saw you as I walked by... But then again, I may not say hi... Maybe your SO wouldn't like it. Unless I knew for sure that she would be OK with that as well.

Kate Simmons
03-18-2007, 04:12 AM
Most of us have what I've come to call CDar (CD radar). As they say:"Takes one to know one".:happy:

NatalieGirl
03-18-2007, 09:03 AM
I am sure that we girls are better at reading CDs than most people, becuase we know what to look for.

But if those two CDs you saw in Walmart were 100% passable, then you would not be able to tell.

Daintre
03-18-2007, 09:08 AM
But if those two CDs you saw in Walmart were 100% passable, then you would not be able to tell.

How true, a 100% passable CD should be undetectable

EricaCD
03-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Why, oh why, do we insist on equating passing with "being mistaken for a person of the other genetic gender"? YES, those girls passed. Even on re-examination your SO could not readily distinguish them from genetic women. Based on your description it seems that nobody in the store would have had a problem relating to them as female. They doubtless felt female. So even that cannot be a sufficient standard for us? Please...

(Incidentally...how were *you* certain that they were CDs? Many genetic women do have masculine features. It is also quite possible that one or both was transgendered, on hormones, etc.)

MJ
03-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Most of us have what I've come to call CDar (CD radar). As they say:"Takes one to know one".:happy::

i agree there. that's why i avoided cd'rs like the plague , i did not want to get read ...
but yes we tend to sense when the "girls " are around my spider senses are tingling

Sally24
03-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Incidentally...how were *you* certain that they were CDs? Many genetic women do have masculine features.
I quite agree! The only way to be certain someone is a CD, outside of the ones that are very obvious is to ask them! That you suspected them is probably true. If your girlfriend couldn't tell upon close examination, then there is no way that you could be certain. If you assume this all the time, some day you are going to have a very angry, tall, masculine, GG on your hands!

Sally

I will agree that we pick up on the small clues more than your average girl does.

Katelyn
03-18-2007, 09:53 PM
(Incidentally...how were *you* certain that they were CDs? Many genetic women do have masculine features. It is also quite possible that one or both was transgendered, on hormones, etc.)

To be honest, I wasn't certain myself. They may have been TS or even GG. I went off of the sound of their voice and how their hands looked. Guys usually have bigger hands and their fingers are not as long. Then again, they mat have been GG's. I myself am not 100% sure. Maybe I was just hoping that they were and that nobody cared to give a second look. This was the only time I've ever felt comfortable looking at shoes in a public place.

susie evans
03-18-2007, 10:08 PM
i have ran into other girls out dressed but be carefull i said hello to what i thought was a crossdresser and it was not the case she was a very masculin women :o

susie

Penny
03-18-2007, 10:41 PM
So let me throw this out having read all the posts here. What does it really matter? I read so often about wanting to be accepted for who we are and then we turn around and try to lable people we see. Isn't it better to get to know people for who they are and not what they are or what they are not?
So why not just approach someone and pay them a compliment regardless of their gender? If you don't make a new friend, at least you made someone feel good.:2c:

SandyR
03-18-2007, 10:58 PM
I just like who I am. Often my wife and I look at Girls in the mall, or shopping, and wonder who "here is a CD".............

Hugsss........

SandyR

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 09:42 AM
I just like to think about the ones we have not been able to make.

There are probably thousands. We are only aware of the ones we know we have made out to be CDs but i bet many get even past us.