PDA

View Full Version : Just Told a Second Person

emachine39
03-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Hello!!! I just told a second person that I crossdress. My girlfriend was the first one to know and that was a year ago. My girlfriend helps me a little with getting clothes and she tries to be okay with me dressing every once and awhile but it's a slow process. It's okay though.

The second person I told was completly fine with it. I was expecting her to find it funny, but she just acted like it was some normal and everyday thing. She asked me if I was gay or bi, and I said no. I'm straight. She said she'd be okay with if I was gay or bi, so that's always good to know. Completly accepting.

I don't dress very often, but it is something I do from time to time. I just wear the clothes, I don't really get to look feminine because of privacy issues and time constraints.

Well anyway this is just great news. I feel even better about my once in a while dressing.

Good luck to all of you!

Princess29
03-18-2007, 05:52 PM
It feels good to get it off your chest doesn't it? I told plenty of complete strangers about that side of me while travelling but am starting to tell people who actually know me which isn't quite as easy

Billijo49504
03-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi, That's one way to find out if someone is really a good friend or not.....BJ

insearchofme
03-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Just for our information, who isthe second person? What is their relationship to you?

christiecd
03-18-2007, 06:18 PM
It's definitely good to hear other people talk about telling their friends and family, and not getting a negative response from them. It definitely gives closet crossdressers like me some more confidence when we do start telling people about our dressing.

jasmine57
03-18-2007, 06:34 PM
I agree with Christie, it nice to hear of a positive out coming. We all need the hope.
:love:
Jasmine

Mitzi
03-18-2007, 11:05 PM
I've only come out to one friend in my drab world, a guy whom I've known forever, but only see once or twice a year. He is well travelled so I figured he'd be accepting. Why did I come out to him? He's always asking what I've done of interest since our last gettogether, so, what the heck...

He was visibly uncomfortable at first, but saying the right things. He asked if I were "homo", which sort of indicated he wasn't quite as savvy as I'd thought. He wanted to see pictures, which I eventually emailed, just so he could see I didn't look the "guy in a dress" stereotype.

He encourages me to keep dressing if it's something that I enjoy...he thinks of it as a hobby.

He got over his unease very quickly, and we relate to each other just as before my "coming out".

Mitzi

emachine39
03-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the responses.
Sorry for the delay in me responding again. I go to college and have a roomate so it can be a struggle to get back here.

There person I told was my girlfriend's friend, who became my friend after I started going out with my girlfriend. So she's my friend.

I kind of figured that my friend would be accepting of me. She has a cousin who is a drag king and is also lesbian. So it's not like she hasn't dealt with any of this kind of stuff before.

I'm just glad I told her. It feels really nice to let people know. My girlfriend has two more friends that are also my friends now that I will eventually tell. Those should go pretty good as well.

Thanks everyone!

TerriM
03-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Telling someone who is close to you puts a burden of keeping a secret on that person. Before you tell someone ask yourself "why are you telling" and will that person be able to keep that secret

Yours Terri

emachine39
03-19-2007, 04:17 PM
I told this person so my girlfriend would have a girl to talk to about my dressing if she ever had to. This person won't tell anyone. I have good friends. She's a very nice person. I know it could be risky in some cases, but I'm fully comfortable with this person knowing.

suzy
03-19-2007, 04:23 PM
:2c: Sounds to me like you are ready to let the cat out of the bag.... Telling one person, (other than a spouse) is tough enough, but telling two makes it almost sound like you are ready to let it be known because the chance of slip up's are so much greater than before.... I just hope that you are ready and will be ready when it does get around, if it does....:D :hugs:

emachine39
03-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Well the two people are my gf and my friend that I've been talking about. So I'm not so much letting the cat out of the bag at the moment. Only time can tell I guess.

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 11:39 AM
that is great. What you never expect.