PDA

View Full Version : Comment about my nails

Jodi Lynn
03-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Hello all,

The other day at work a GG that I know noticed my nails are a bit long. Half of them are broken off, but I have two that are 3/8" long. She said to me how do you get your nails that long, I can't get mine that long in here. I said just be careful LOL. I make deliveriers and I do wear work glove most of the time and that helps me from breaking them. But I had the gloves off so I could get her to sign that I had made the delivere to her kitchen. So I guess I pass the one test question, "Have you ever changed your outward apperance to be more fem and had someone notice that you have?" Has anyone else had this happen to them. Not just with nails, but hair, shaving body, eyebrows shaped, anything.

Brianna Lovely
03-18-2007, 05:18 PM
I've had a number of comments about my nails and a few about my waxed brows. No one has said anything about my shaved asrms and legs.

az_azeel
03-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi Jody....I seem to be lucky in the nail dept... I never cut them but when they break they seem to break just right and and stay rounded of.....

take care az

DanaJ
03-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Yes, a frined of mine's wife is always making comments about my nails and brows - but never to me!! LOL She always asks another friend (female, who knows of my CDing) who tells her she has never noticed. I am awaiting the day when she asks me directly, so I can then ask her some personal questions - such as "what is going on with your weight?" and "When's the last time you got your hair done?" ;)

The best defense is sometimes a good offense...

Holly
03-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Just last night at dinner, the waitress was admiring my shamrock earrings and asked me if I would trade with her. I said sure, but she said she no she really couldn't because they used to be her mom's. Pity... they were very pretty.

marie354
03-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Someone asked me years ago if I had been plucking my eyebrows. I just told them that I shaved the unibrow off. Nothing more was ever said about it. I've never had a unibrow problem, but I did go a bit too thin then.
I keep them nice and still nobody has said anything.

Katrina
03-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Y...so I can then ask her some personal questions - such as "what is going on with your weight?" and "When's the last time you got your hair done?"....

Dana, that is hilarious! Gutsy, but hilarious.

Dawntv
03-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Yes,
I'm a rather tall "girl" and have always worn sleevless shirt tanks etc and i know alot of the gg's at my shop have stared at my now shaven chest and clean cut face. I always worry that i wont get all the makeup off but so far so good. good luck. Dawn

LindaTS
03-19-2007, 09:57 AM
I keep my nails quite long and people tend to notice them. I've had a lot of comments about them with girls complimenting me but guys seem to be very negative about them. The last guy was a doctor who told me they were leathal weapons and I should cut them. That will never happen. And sometimes I get a comment about my eyebrows and hairless body. Oh yeah, the male doctors don't seem to care for my breasts either. Such is life.

soccervixen
03-19-2007, 12:03 PM
I have recently had several teen age girls make comments about my nails. They aren't used to seeing men with longer nails than theirs! lol

tifftg
03-19-2007, 01:21 PM
I got occasional comments on how good they look but nothing that would make me think they are thinking I am more femme.

tiffany

JoAnnDallas
03-19-2007, 02:52 PM
I have long acrylic nails and waxed eyebrows. I have had GG's ask me about both. I have had GG's make comments that they loved my nails and wished their husbands would take care of their nails like I had. I have had GG's asks me if I get my eyebrows waxed. I would say yes, and they would comment on how nice they look. Funny my nail tech has seen my shaved legs, but she has never commented on them. Other GG's in the nail salon have noticed my shaved legs and never commented on them. Then too I get RED polish on my toes and the only comments I have gotten was how nice they look. In fact one GG commented on how pretty the color was and asked if she could borrow the nail polish for her toes.

Jodie_Lynn
03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
A couple of months back, I had a female supervisor comment on my nails.

"Good God man, your nails are longer than a womans. When are you going to trim them?"

I laughed it off, but was rather pleased by her comment. Sadly, the next day, I broke one. The rest followed over the course of a week. I think she jinxed me!

Rhonda Jean
03-20-2007, 07:58 AM
When I was in high school I worked at a bank part time after school. One of the "snootier" women ther (who happened to be a childhood friend of my Dad) once aske me if I rolled my hair. I said, "Yes I do", and she said, "I thought so". It was never mentioned again.

Over the years, my nails have drawn a lot more comments than my hair or anything else. People at my previous job were always commenting on them. Always negative. Recently my wife and I were playing cards with several other couples. One of their teenage daughters joined us and immediately commented "You have really long nails"! It was an embarrassing moment for both me and my wife.

Charleen
03-20-2007, 08:47 AM
I have long and polished nails and only a few comments. A fouth grader asked If I did my nails and I said yes. I was also asked if I play the guitar. Couldn't figure out why that was asked so I asked. It was because she had noticed how long my nails were. No one says boo about my earrings either. I do get compliments on my rings and charm bracelet I wear, nothing negative.
.Love and xxxxx, Lily

Donna Marie
03-20-2007, 02:05 PM
I try to keep my nails long and sometimes I put either clear or very light lilac (almost unnoticeable) polish on them. Funny thing is, for most of my life I was a nail-biter so they were always down to the quick and ratty looking. It wasn't until I retired and found my feminine side that I could let them grow. And I have had one or two comments - one gal was astonished at how clean and well-shaped they were - better than hers, she said (and she was so right). I also keep my arms, legs and upper chest shaved - no comments about that yet.

Bev06 GG
03-20-2007, 03:12 PM
My fella is an insurance collector and one of the ladies he calls on is a beautician. She noticed his nails and his eyebrows because I shape them for him. He came home from work thrilled because he'd had a conversation with her all about his CDing.
Funnily enough I hated it. And I felt it was an intrusion of our privacy. When she offered to do his nails for him I nearly wanted to scratch her eyes out.
My main concern though was that if she's noticed so too have others because he doesn't seem bothered about hiding it.
Bev

DonnaT
03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Hmmm, I've been out with red nails, lilac and clear, but never had a comment on them.

Did have a guy in line two behind me at the checkout at Sam's Club cleary step out of line and move closer to get a look at my nails as I paid the cashier.

Last month my wife decided she wanted to buy some bowling shoes instead of renting them at the ally. While at the specialty shop, she decided she wanted a bowling ball also. So, in for a few bucks already, I also bought some shoes and a ball. She wouldn't let me get pink shoes, but I got the same color ball she did.

Anyway, they had to measure my hand to drill the holes. So, there I was, clear polish on the nails as the guy takes my fingers and moves them and the measuring device around to find the best fit. Not a word was mentioned about my nails.

LoriFlores
03-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I've had lots of people comment about my shaved legs but I'm a bicyclist so they link the two.

Debra Lynn
03-20-2007, 04:43 PM
I had a GG in Long John Silvers comment on my nails the other day (which have clearcoat on them and are longer than a guys nails usually are) saying that she taught her boyfriend who plays the guitar to clear coat his nails since he uses them to pick the guitar. She said he was really embarrased about getting them done at first. I told her that I do it in the winter to keep from breaking them (which is true) and it works great. No judgement, just a simple conversation, ah, you gotta love some of these young kids.

insearchofme
03-20-2007, 05:59 PM
My wife hates it when I let my nails grow longer. I grow them and shape them until she mentions it and then I "break one" and have to start all over.

I am in the process of thinning my eye brows. I have them waxed and each time I come it I tell my stylist to make them just a bit thinner. I've done it twice and pretty soon she'll catch on.

Elizabeth Anne
03-20-2007, 09:51 PM
My brows are shaped just like a GG. I have had no comments about them.
I do wear glasses that do somewhat hide them.
My nails are very long & I have had some verbal comments about them. I have gel overlays with a slight shine to them.

No one has mentioned this, watch other peoples eyes as you are face to face with them. I have & you will be suprised how many will focus their eyes to your nails even if they never mention them to you. It gets a little embarassing & sensitive sometimes.

Rachel Morley
03-20-2007, 10:24 PM
My eyebrows are thin and slightly arched (see avatar), there is no way they could be mistaken for "guy brows" but it's my fingernails that have brought the attention. They are really long for a guy 1/4 inch past the end of my fingertips and are (at work) painted in a shiny clear or pale pink. No one has said anything to my face (yet) but I get a lot of GGs whose eyes follow my hands a when I speak to them, and I have noticed the occasional guy notice them too.

I tend to be a little bit of a loner at work in the sense that I am "all about business" and I'm not particularly close to anyone as a friend enough for them to ask me "what's up with your nails dude?" :D

kay2
03-20-2007, 10:52 PM
My nails are sometimes long - perhaps 1/4 inch past my finger tips. Some guys have commented on them - sort of in amazement. One guy asked if I sometimes painted them, and I said of course. One woman asks to see my nails every time I run in to her, especially if they are painted - she seems shocked and awed, but always asks. She has, on the one hand, berated me for them, and on the other hand commented on how envious she is of them. I find it amusing.

Most of my friends don't seem to notice anymore - though once in a while a woman friend will talk about how to care for nails, and about brands of polish. I love it.

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 10:20 AM
no, but it must have been nice for you.