PDA

View Full Version : Hiding the afterglow and daughters

Sally2005
03-18-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm completely in cognito to family and friends. The last time I ventured out during the day I had a fun time and felt really good about it. Later in the day after going back to male, I still felt good, but I noticed while shopping people went out of their way to talk to me and at home my wife was looking at me strangely. I thought I missed some makeup, but I'm sure I didn't. Was wondering if anyone has experienced this...call it a resulting postive ora or something?

Also kind of funny, Today my four year old was playing with words, made a joke and called me a girl boy...just how do you respond to that? I just said 'very funny' and was thinking how does she know? The other day she also said we could all wear bikinis to the beach this summer... cute. And, her and mom both want to paint my toes nails for fun. Any chance I can just let them have their way with me? I think I'm in trouble as my daughter and wife team up and take over!

Kristen Kelly
03-19-2007, 04:04 AM
Many times we read to much into what is said relax and enjoy it and don’t be so paranoid

RobertaFermina
03-19-2007, 05:35 AM
Dear Sally2005,

That Afterglow is WHY I Crossdress.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Karren H
03-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Reading you title I was trying to figure out why you were hiding yoir daughter.... Hehe. And the only time I had "afterglow" was when I wore a wedding dress.. Maybe you just didn't remove all your makeup?

And if they want to paint your toes... Let them and throw a hand down and see if they keep going...

Love Karren

Erica Lauren James
03-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Kids are way smarter and can pick up on things a lot easier than we give them credit for. In my experience with makeup there is always a little residue left over and your eyes always look different as well as lips. Lipstick will stain you lips slightly that you just can't rub off.

As for them painting your toes GO FOR IT!!! maybe after your first time they can do it for you weekly. Just return the favor and paint your wife's toes for her and your daughters. Maybe all the same color.

Kiera

susie evans
03-19-2007, 03:13 PM
i would let them have funn and enjoy the moments:hugs:

susie

Alice Torn
03-19-2007, 10:26 PM
After i did it sometimes, I am sure, that some makeup
residue, is still there, and eyes look different. It may have been my imagination, but, I though i still looked a little dolled, and it seemed others looked at me a little strangely.

marie354
03-19-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm sure that on occasion that I have left telltale signs of makeup remaining on my face, like lipstick... I like the reds, and sometimes it's hard to take it all off without removing your lips in the process. I was once asked if I had chapped lips and I said "err, yes I do... Does it show that much?"

I sure that it has happenes since then but no one has ever said a thing.

keena
03-19-2007, 11:18 PM
When faced with the inevitable, relax and enjoy it.

Wenda
03-19-2007, 11:25 PM
I agree with the others, don't read too much into it, but don't fight it. Go with the flow, and see where it leads.

Sally2005
03-20-2007, 12:18 AM
I enjoyed all the replys. The good news is that I don't -worry- much about this part of me anymore. I just recognize that I've got two versions and I don't want them to them to mix too much. I honestly doubt it is makeup (many years practice washing up), I really found it difficult to keep a smile off my face that day after going out. I felt joy that I was able to mill around in daylight with out difficulty and there was one situation when a gorgeous woman about my age looked directly at me and gave me a very warm smile I will never forget. If I could capture that moment in a painting for others to see I would be famous. A week later, looking back, I still feel inspired. It is an interesting experience to have other people pick up on the positive energy I feel and have it reflected back.

Sally24
03-20-2007, 06:33 AM
I completely understand about the "afterglow effect". After my first trip out in public, my wife said I couldn't stop smiling for a week! It does affect your outwards appearance to others. And I find that I smile very easily en femme now, after going out for the last 2 years. I think I also smile alot more in drab now so people are much more friendly when you present that kind of appearance.

As far as makeup, I only notice that not all the mascara comes off the lashes the first day. Luckily I have longer darker lashes anyway so it is not so much a change.

The other Sally

Alice Torn
03-20-2007, 10:30 PM
The closest I have been, to getting caught, was several weeks ago, when, my housemate was gone. I did take a few cups of water, and forgot, that lipstick, would leave red lip marks!! I saw them a few days later, and hope she didn't notice! So, I bought some red licorice, and offered some, to her! She always dresses in men's clothes, and it is "OK", but, if I were caught dressed, EMBARRASSMENT BIGTIME!

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 10:22 AM
I think I am super sensitive when switching back to drab and notice the notice of others more than I need to.