PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing, a fetish?

jayseedee
03-19-2007, 05:07 AM
Why do so many of us who are not gender dysphoric, and who are turned on by wearing women’s clothes, deny that it is just paraphilia, a simple fetish that we developed as a young child for the clothing of women rather than the bodies of women. A mistake that most of us had recognised by the time we reached puberty. If it sexually stimulates you it’s a fetish not rocket science! Enjoy it!

Karren H
03-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Who knows and who really cares what it is or what you call it... I call it fun!!!

Ohhhhh. I must of had the variation where I lusted after women's clothing AND their bodies... Ask all my old girlfriends.. Or maybe by your theory it was an alaborate scheme to get them out of their clothes so I could wear them?? Hehe

:tongueout

Love Karren

jayseedee
03-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Who knows and who really cares what it is or what you call it... I call it fun!!!

:tongueout

Love Karren

A bit small minded Karren, you know full well that a lot of guys do really care why they are like they are. To make clever remarks you need to have something to say!

Karren H
03-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Well in my opinion, knowing why is a complete waste of time, effort, money.... Since knowing why will not change a thing in your life or mine... Fetish or lifestyle or hobby or whatever... It doesn't matter why... No one knows why for sure and knowing something that has no impact is not worth knowing...

So you you just having a bad Monday morning or have you always lacked a scence of humor...

:D

Karren

Erica Lauren James
03-19-2007, 07:31 AM
I would'nt call it a fetish, because a fetish can be stopped if you chose to stop. And all of us or at least most of us know that stopping for good is not an option. It always comes back at some point. So I look at it as part of who we are.

As for wanting womens clothes instead of a womans body, I'd respectfully disagree here. I love dressing and being a girl but I would love to have the warmth, love and companionship of a woman by my side as well.

Kiera

jayseedee
03-19-2007, 07:40 AM
Well in my opinion, knowing why is a complete waste of time, effort, money.... Since knowing why will not change a thing in your life or mine... Fetish or lifestyle or hobby or whatever... It doesn't matter why... No one knows why for sure and knowing something that has no impact is not worth knowing...

So you you just having a bad Monday morning or have you always lacked a scence of humor...

:D

Karren

If ignorance was the prevailing opinion there would be no call for this forum and I hadn't realised you were trying to be humorous. Knowing why a thing is, is often the only difference between us and animals. Knowing why I crossdress (and I do know) has changed my outlook cost me no time, little effort and no money, furthermore your post did not actually address the question I asked did it?

jayseedee
03-19-2007, 07:47 AM
I would'nt call it a fetish, because a fetish can be stopped if you chose to stop. And all of us or at least most of us know that stopping for good is not an option. It always comes back at some point. So I look at it as part of who we are.

As for wanting womens clothes instead of a womans body, I'd respectfully disagree here. I love dressing and being a girl but I would love to have the warmth, love and companionship of a woman by my side as well.

Kiera

If it turns you on it's a fetish, try the Oxford Dictionary. And what on earth makes you think you can just give up a fetish?

Please read the question re: clothes/body I think you will find that was not what I said.

kittypw GG
03-19-2007, 08:25 AM

Kiera

I disagree, Nobody is really cured from a fetish. It is my expirence that people with fetishes run from the excessive where they can't hold a job to the ones who can control it and not let it take over their lives but nobody is ever cured.
Kitty

Karren H
03-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Actually the more I read your "question" the more it sounds like a statement that in your opinion that all of us "girls" that aren't really girls stuck in the wrong body, have a fetish and are not inteligent enough to recognize it... Or to acknowledge it...

And my response is it doesn't matter what you call it... A fetish, a sport, a hobby........ You can call it a fetish and I'll call it a hobby...

Karren

Daintre
03-19-2007, 08:37 AM
The neutral term "paraphilia, is used to describe what used to be called sexual perversions. A paraphilia is a condition in which a person's sexual arousal and gratification depend on a fantasy theme of an unusual situation or object that becomes the principal focus of sexual behavior.

When I first started dressing, it was wasn't for sexual gratification, it was a need that I had. I filled that need by buying my own female clothes and building a wardrobe. (I hate the term "stash").

All of us who dress, do it for so many different reasons and yes some for the sexual release.

As Karen stated...call it what you want, she calls it a hobby, I call it a "need" and it is not at all sexual.

aka.laura
03-19-2007, 09:42 AM
as I understand the term fetishism, it means someone is fixated on an inanimate object and needs treatment. As I see my CDing, I'm definitely not fixated on a dead thing, it's all about me (being very much alive ;o) and I don't want treatment. If you want to, you can stretch the definition so far as to say, that a CD'r is fixated on clothing, makeup, shoes you name it. But still to me it's more satisfying to put makeup on my face and (humbly) admire my looks than to sit in front of my makeup-collection and admire a dead lipstick. Allthough, what's that about shopping for new clothes and stuff? That turns me on too :D oh dear...
Why do people allways want to label things...

jayseedee
03-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Actually the more I read your "question" the more it sounds like a statement that in your opinion that all of us "girls" that aren't really girls stuck in the wrong body, have a fetish and are not inteligent enough to recognize it... Or to acknowledge it...

And my response is it doesn't matter what you call it... A fetish, a sport, a hobby........ You can call it a fetish and I'll call it a hobby...

Karren

I was not giving an opinion, I was asking a question. I didn't make up the word fetish, it has, in this respect, a definite meaning(Psychology. any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation.). And I can only say again, if you find dressing in women’s clothes sexually stimulating then you have a fetish. Why are you so afraid of the word?

Amanduhrob
03-19-2007, 10:08 AM
If it was just the clothes, as you suggest, for me, I wouldn't invest the time, effort and money in cosmetics, breast forms, nails, and wigs.

I'd just buy panties and jerk off while wearing them.

For most of us, it's not about sexual gratification, it's a psychological need to "change into the opposite sex" if even for an hour or two.

Di
03-19-2007, 10:11 AM
jayseedee.....You ask a question then jump on someones answer? Why even ask a question if you only deem your answer correct? I am closing this thread.All members of the forum have the right to post and reply to posts and without abuse from other members.