PDA

View Full Version : You Want To Do What?

Sue Too
03-21-2007, 09:35 AM
In the past few months I have ventured out in the world more boldly and done several things that were totally new experiences for me. Among them--- Attended a retirees meeting for my company en femme (different town--didn’t know a soul) --------used several ladies rest rooms--------used female changing rooms to try on dresses------lots of mall shopping----went to a beauty shop to get a new wig trimmed and thinned---------had a makeover in a department store. All were without a negative incident. I did have my boobs stared at by a very handsome guy in the meeting and I got a wink from a guy when I was having my makeup application. I owe my success in these events to the guidance and encouragement I have received here from those who have ventured into these areas before me. Two bits of advice stand out in my mind. #1) Dress to blend in and #2) most people you will encounter don’t give a darn. Thank you for your help, Ladies.

With this success comes lots of confidence. Sure, it would be fun to do any of these things again, and I will. But, I’m looking for new challenges. One thing I am thinking about doing is going to a major department store (Dillard’s, Nordstrom’s, Macy’s etc) and being fit with new heels. I’ve purchased most of my shoes at self service stores, so repeating this would not be a new experience for me. Has anyone had a shopping experience similar to what I am considering?

Also, does anyone have any other ideas of new experiences I can try? Please, be nice and be reasonable!! <<<giggle>>> No, Karren, I’m not going to make an appointment with an OB/GYN. Maybe a therapist, but not an OB/GYN. [/COLOR]

For those of you still in the closet I urge you to take that first step. Make it a small one, but do it--AND THEN YOU WILL DO IT AGAIN. You will get a high like nothing you have ever experienced. My heart still skips a beat when I step out the door

Please share your ideas with me.

Suzi

Marcie Sexton
03-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Good for you, nothing like something that will provide that little extra self confidence...

renee k
03-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Susan,

To add acouple of things to your todo list.
Go to a play or Broadway musical in your area, Great time to get dressed to the nines. Add a dinner to that with some friends.

And yes I've gone shoe shopping at nordstroms enfemme, what fun!

Huggs, Renee

susie evans
03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
glad you are enjoying success out on your adventures it's just the begining of a whole new world :hugs:

susie

marie354
03-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Your adventures can only be limited by your imagination.

Soo many places to go and things to do in this world. Are you going to the Be All in Chicago or something simular in the near future? I'm thinking about going this year. It'll be a new experience for me.

Emily Ann Brown
03-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Tell my sister Karren you will do the OB/GYN thing AFTER she does it !!!!!

Emily Ann

SherriePall
03-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Emily, don't give Karren any ideas. On second thought, she probably already has seen one.

Billijo49504
03-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Just out of curiosity, is there such a thing as a OB?GYN-Sports MED.
I totally agree, gurls, grab the door knob and wander out, even if it's in the middle of the night. Make some clerks night, at a stop N rob, go in for a slurpy. Or get a burger at Micky D's drive thru. But get out there....BJ

SherylynJade
03-22-2007, 03:38 AM
I just went out for the first time fully dressed a few weeks ago and I loved it. I even went to burger king in the drive thru and didn't try to change my voice or anything, and nothing happened to my food. The girl who took my money gave me a couple of looks, then began smiling real big, It's something I'll definetly have to do again.

Joy Carter
03-22-2007, 04:26 AM
I get tickled big time, just by the reaction I get from others while out.:D So by all means get out there.:hugs:

Angie G
03-22-2007, 04:41 AM
Suzi you go girl :hugs:
Angie

Tina Dixon
03-22-2007, 05:28 AM
Looks like your steping out and loving it and I'm sure some day I will also.

Kate Simmons
03-22-2007, 06:13 AM
Keep up the good work Suzi. It's really nice when you can go out and get that feeling of freedom by being yourself. It's especially nice when you are treated like a lady by others and they are really being sincere.:happy:

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Whatever you do be safe