PDA

View Full Version : Clothes and sex/gender/eroticism

kay2
03-21-2007, 10:00 AM
I once had an SO that was concerned that my interest in women's clothes would be a perversion if I felt it was connected to sexuality/gender/eroticism. Somehow it would be fine for me to wear panties or a skirt if it were for a "neutral" reason. (Yes, I have a medical reason for wearing mascara :heehee: ) So, she asked me why I wear women's clothes. Ignoring the opportunity to say "They aren't women's clothes - they are mine," I replied by asking her the same question. She answered that she feels more sexy when she wears skirts.

I think this is the same old clothing double-standard on another level. BTW, she was a lovely, caring woman, and we broke up for other reasons.

MJ
03-21-2007, 10:07 AM
I once had an SO that was concerned that my interest in women's clothes would be a perversion if I felt it was connected to sexuality/gender/eroticism. Somehow it would be fine for me to wear panties or a skirt if it were for a "neutral" reason.
(Yes, I have a medical reason for wearing mascara :heehee: ) So, she asked me why I wear women's clothes. Ignoring the opportunity to say "They aren't women's clothes - they are mine," I replied by asking her the same question. She answered that she feels more sexy when she wears skirts.

I think this is the same old clothing double-standard on another level. BTW, she was a lovely, caring woman, and we broke up for other reasons.

i for one would love for you to explain this Medical reason ? :D

marie354
03-21-2007, 10:14 AM
I don't know why you wear mascerra, but for me, my lashes are so short that I need it. I singed them off when I was very young by using a match to see into the lawn tractor's gas tank... Whooooof... My eyebrows grew back OK, but my lashes never regained their length.

The dumb things that I've done when I was a kid. I made a go-cart using a washing machine motor once... Worked really good until I reached the end of the extension cord.

kay2
03-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Aww, c'mon. I'm kidding about a medical reason for mascara! Point being, there are no "neutral" (neuter?) reasons for anybody (male/female/tg/alien...) to wear anything decorative.

aka.laura
03-21-2007, 10:40 AM
ever thought about using eyemakeup to protect your eyes from the sun? The more mascara, the better the protection. And sunglasses give you those nasty pressuresores behind the ears, so you can't wear 'm. Same thing with lipstick: all about protection :D

kay2
03-21-2007, 10:49 AM
ever thought about using eyemakeup to protect your eyes from the sun? The more mascara, the better the protection. And sunglasses give you those nasty pressuresores behind the ears, so you can't wear 'm. Same thing with lipstick: all about protection :D

And my legs would fall off if it weren't for my stockings and garterbelt.

Tammietoo
03-21-2007, 10:50 AM
I once had an SO that was concerned that my interest in women's clothes would be a perversion if I felt it was connected to sexuality/gender/eroticism. Somehow it would be fine for me to wear panties or a skirt if it were for a "neutral" reason. (Yes, I have a medical reason for wearing mascara :heehee: ) So, she asked me why I wear women's clothes. Ignoring the opportunity to say "They aren't women's clothes - they are mine," I replied by asking her the same question. She answered that she feels more sexy when she wears skirts.

It just seems that some people are looking for a more "acceptable" reason for us to dress. There has to be a deeper reason/feeling/passion for most of us to dress, (I don't want to generalize but it at least starts out with a little "sexuality/gender/eroticism" for most of us and then grows/manifests itself from there, other than gender dysphoria folks) if it was just some "neutral" reason, I doubt I'd dress, given the problems and complications it has place in my life.

JoAnnDallas
03-21-2007, 11:55 AM
One day, I forgot to take my makeup off and discovered that no one seem to know I had it on in drab mode. Since then I goto work wearing makeup, powder, and lipstick. No one has noticed at all.

Tree GG
03-21-2007, 12:22 PM
She said, in a nutshell, that if dressing wasn't erotic or sexually stimulating to you, she'd be OK with it. I read that as meaning she wants to be the thing(s) that turn you on and would find it threatening to know that there was something other than her that "does it" for you. :2c:

Now, there are benefits to wearing makeup, lipstick, and - dare I say - pantyhose. Liquid foundation & lipsticks do protect the skin from damages like sun. Of course a good sunscreen or chapstick will do the same. Pantyhose actually help with circulation (if you're in the hospital for awhile, they put snug leggings on you to keep the blood moving well).

kay2
03-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I read that as meaning she wants to be the thing(s) that turn you on and would find it threatening to know that there was something other than her that "does it" for you.

You know, I think you're on to an important piece of it. Reasons why I felt the relationship wasn't working related to what I perceived as her very specific expectations of behavior (read "control"). However, I see that my interests could well have been a triggering issue for her. But again, the double standard applies - she (or women in general) are allowed (expected?) to indulge in the sensuality of clothes, but a man with similar feelings is perverted. Of course, the irony is, I think many men have those feelings anyways, but pretend otherwise.

Thanks for your observations.

jenny53
03-21-2007, 02:42 PM
i agree men do need a little sensual feel once in a while. isn't that why we are always trying to feel those panties she wears lol

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Reasons for CDing can really be undefinable some times. It means different things to me at different times, but I still love it.

Pippilotta
03-22-2007, 09:53 AM
I am afraid the basic difference between (modern) male and female clothing lies in the erotic aspect. Female clothes without it are male.

Michelle 51
03-22-2007, 09:58 AM
I think most men are turned on by women's lingerie,short skirt's, high heel's,etc etc etc it's just for us we also like to wear them.I think sometime's i try to copy what i find so attractive about women and of course it's sexual at least at first and as we progress it can be more but there alway's is an certain sexual aspect deep down that seem's to lurk in the background. justabit