PDA

View Full Version : Private Dressing Room?

Downsouth
03-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Hello All
I have a friend that is married. He has thought about Crossdressing for a long time but does not know how to start or does not want to get caught!
It got me thinking that there must be more like him.
I want to help by opening a Private space where you could come with or without your own clothes and have a dressing room, lockers for storage, mailboxes, help with wigs and makeup and Photos.

Before I jump in to this I wanted to hear what others think and any comments?

Thanks,
Downsouth

Angie G
03-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I thikk it"s a good idea if you can find the people to make it cost efficint :hugs:
Angie

Karren H
03-21-2007, 07:52 PM
I already have lots..... unisex restrooms!!! and their freeeeeeee.....

Karren

Tamara Croft
03-21-2007, 08:09 PM
I already have lots..... unisex restrooms!!! and their freeeeeeee.....

KarrenDon't you mean outdoor portaloos?? usual haunt for you init :tongueout

Karren H
03-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Don't you mean outdoor portaloos?? usual haunt for you init :tongueout

Funny girl!!!! Or anywhere I can be undisturbed (ok I am disturbed.... hehe) for 15 minutes.....

:D

Love Karren

Summer
03-21-2007, 08:58 PM
The one word that will do you a sunder! If you live in NYC of LA, possible. But even then the numbers will not support the investment!
Business model says no!
Sorry
Sounded good!
Summer:(

Downsouth
03-21-2007, 09:19 PM
I have a Clothing store in an old house that has two rooms in the back that are closed off from the rest of the store with a backdoor that leads to a private parking lot. So it would not cost much. I could not lose much if it does not work out. I am going to start by placing an ad to see who calls and see what if any need there is?

This Board has helped with ideas of where to buy things like shoes I hear payless is good.

Thanks and stay save!

Downsouth

susie evans
03-21-2007, 10:24 PM
karren thanks i finaly figured out what was wrong with me i'am disturbed :heehee: :heehee: thats why i do what i do :hugs:

susie

Billijo49504
03-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I would say do a Google to see if there is a transformations business within a 100 miles. If not then maybe you have a chance. For me, I use the dressing rooms at Lane Bryant to try things on. Or else I buy the clothes and bring them home, leave the tags on for try on, them keep or return. Just my thoughts...BJ

Phoebe Reece
03-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Many CD or TG support groups have changing areas at the location in which they meet. That is a safe way to do it and also gives a chance to discuss various crossdressing issues with others. Check out the organizations in your area.

mithali
03-22-2007, 06:52 AM
a gr8 idea...

Marcie Sexton
03-22-2007, 07:13 AM
We need you in WV...there might be a bit of initial resistance, but I for one would be first in line...

I say go for it...and Good luck,,,

susann_gardener
03-22-2007, 07:54 AM
There used to be such a place in AlstonMA. For $10 you could have a room and all the clothes there. It would probably be more not, say $25? :2c:
BTW, the woman running it would also do BD if you wanted. :devil:

marie354
03-22-2007, 08:10 AM
A photo store with all the costumes, backdrops, and makup artists would be nice. There are several of these scattered about the U.S.A.
It could be a sound investment if there is enough call for it in your area.

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Sounds like a great idea. You have to be ready for a very lacksadaisicle response though. There are so many dynamics that are working in our community. The Fear Factor really stops a lot of progress.

Wish you the best

Kate Simmons
03-22-2007, 08:27 AM
I've discussed something similar over the years with a number of people. The only possible problem with this is that you would need buy in from everyone who would use such a facility as each would have to do their own fair share of up keep and maintenance. I've learned over the years from being in a TG Org. that usually only a handfull do all of the actual work and most just want to sit around being waited on, much like when it comes to anything to do with securing TG rights. I'm not saying it's impossible, just kind of unlikely unless you would get a good dedicated group who would be willing to work together to make it a success.:happy: