PDA

View Full Version : That.....oh fk moment!

Julie York
03-21-2007, 05:17 PM
How shall I do this...long explanation...short and punchy? Long and dramatic?

Nah to hell with it, there's nothing on television (and I fancy myself as a writer.:D ) I'll go for long and dramatic.

Any spelnig erros are the result of alcohol, whcih is within the context of the story, as you will see. (Mysterious music fade in)

So..the situation is this. I had both my ears pierced over a year ago after a great deal of angst and worry and quite a bit of subterfuge involving the use of fishing line; which is a whole story all it's own. But the end result is that after 2 months a guy who is middle class, touching 50, and has no tattoos etc has two pierced ears. But, so as not to be burned as a witch or have rocks thrown at my window I have only worn one in public. For a while I swapped them over, one day left, one day right, then it got boring so I wore a little hoop ring in one ear and a stud in the other in the evenings.

I took the stud out to go to work (yeah one tiny hoop earing is funky and people were used to it by now) and put the stud it in when I got home out of habit and anyway I went through so much shit getting both pierced it would be a shame to let it go.

So this has been the habit for a year or more. Funky little hoop in one ear...go to work take out the stud...go home put in the stud.....go to work take out the stud.....go to bed put in the stud.....etc.

Anyway I have just been to the pub. And oh how we larfed. We talked about gay guys and transvestites and what a laugh we had as I did that "going through customs" feeling. And I came home a few moments ago and turned on the computer and scratched my ear.....my ear with the stud in..my ear with the stud in.....my ......oh faaaaaack!

Toyah
03-21-2007, 05:32 PM
And there was me thinking of getting my ears peirced too.
BTW did you remember to take off your skirt too ?????:love:

Julie York
03-21-2007, 05:40 PM
And there was me thinking of getting my ears peirced too.
BTW did you remember to take off your skirt too ?????:love:

Oooooh fk!!!!

Daintre
03-21-2007, 05:40 PM
I always stick with my hoops, that way I don't lose to many studs. Having both ears double pierced and hooped, I do get a few looks, seeing as my hair is checking out and going elsewhere. :D

cindybarnes
03-21-2007, 05:46 PM
LOL Julie,,, I have only seen your shoe avitar but am guessing blonde ? :)
I had a barmaid peirce my left ear when I was 20 something, later did the other myself. Now getting close to 50 also and never wear any earings in guy mode, Im sure if someome looked close enough they could spot that mine are peirced but has never been mentioned. Maybe Im lucky or just thick skinned but even after not dressing for long periods I dont have any probs with the holes closing up.
I did have to check the other morning and make sure I had taken mine out just before going into work,,some mornings are clearer than others :)

Cindy

Julie York
03-21-2007, 05:50 PM
I did have to check the other morning and make sure I had taken mine out just before going into work,,some mornings are clearer than others :)

Cindy

I'll just sit back and wait with a smug expression then. lol

:D

Charleen
03-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Oh Julie!!!!!!!!!
Don't sweat it hon. I wear hoops in the ears 24/7 and nada!

Toyah
03-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Oooooh fk!!!!

Now maybe you know what turned the conversation I hope they all said you looked cute???

az_azeel
03-21-2007, 06:07 PM
oops.....:doh:

Sharon
03-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Julie, Julie, Julie -- and here I thought you were so intelligent. There's one sure fire, no doubt about it that it would work, solution to your worries....

....I was going to charge you a few bob(what exactly is a "bob" anyway? but I digress)....

ready?

Get rid of the guy mode!

Ta daaaaa!

Thank you, and feel free to compensate me as you feel is fair.

Kieron Andrew
03-21-2007, 06:10 PM
i bet they didnt even notice! theyre men right??? they are so much less observant than girls or TGirls

Kieron Andrew
03-21-2007, 06:12 PM
J....I was going to charge you a few bob(what exactly is a "bob" anyway? but I digress)....
a Shilling in old english currency...... http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&cr=countryUK|countryGB&rlz=1T4GFRG_en-GBGB214GB214&defl=en&q=define:bob&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Julie York
03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
I'll pay a threpny bit for the advice.

:D

The thing is. On a semi serious note. It made me realise that having to remember what you can and can't do is bloody stressful. You know like...a guy walks into a pub with oil under his nails...."Oh yeah good old John he works on cars in the evening." Guy walks into a pub wearing nail polish and goes oh shit!

Unless of course they know him as "Tranny John".

But there's a little bit of me that thinks fk em all and a bit of me that is embarrassed for me.

I don't want to be Tranny John.

Wendy me
03-21-2007, 06:35 PM
too funny lol... Julie if it gets talked abought to you tell them he guys i am a tyranny with a straight face .... then go naaaaaaaahhhhhhh .... and ask who's buying the first round .....

MJ
03-21-2007, 07:08 PM
ha ha ha ,thats so funny i guess you can leave it in now as your mates know you got the stud. game over dude

Suzie S.
03-22-2007, 04:04 AM
LOL Julie! Maybe the guys at the bar were too toasted to remember seeing it! :heehee:

Shelly Preston
03-22-2007, 04:10 AM
Oooooh fk!!!!

Julie I see you have another moment on the horizon

What will they say next time you visit the pub ???

Amanda Shaft
03-22-2007, 04:28 AM
what exactly is a "bob" anyway?

Just to clarify: A Thrup’ny bit is half a Tanner, a Tanner is half a Bob, a Bob is half a Florin, which is a Tanner short of Half a Crown, and a Half a Crown is of course half of a Crown. Hope this helps. Amanda x
PS Going to get my ears done soon so can't wait for similar situations to occur!

RachelDenise
03-22-2007, 04:48 AM
At least the earrings got them away from looking at the red heels! :heehee:

Tina Dixon
03-22-2007, 05:24 AM
You silly transvestite:heehee:

jayseedee
03-22-2007, 05:28 AM
How shall I do this...long explanation...short and punchy? Long and dramatic?

Anyway I have just been to the pub. And oh how we larfed. We talked about gay guys and transvestites and what a laugh we had as I did that "going through customs" feeling. And I came home a few moments ago and turned on the computer and scratched my ear.....my ear with the stud in..my ear with the stud in.....my ......oh faaaaaack!

No problem. Just keep talking about Motorbikes! (but do take the skirt off!)

jayseedee
03-22-2007, 05:56 AM
Just to clarify: A Thrup’ny bit is half a Tanner, a Tanner is half a Bob, a Bob is half a Florin, which is a Tanner short of Half a Crown, and a Half a Crown is of course half of a Crown. Hope this helps. Amanda x
PS Going to get my ears done soon so can't wait for similar situations to occur!

Two half crowns (or half dollars) is five bob which is an oxford, two oxfords is half a bar, or a nicker which is a fifth of a jacks. two jacks (or a pair of jackseys) make a tenner, four jacks make a score and five a pony, four ponys make a ton. or a wunner and ten wunners is a grand.

I had my ears done at 40, nobody noticed.:sad:

Maddie
03-22-2007, 06:48 AM
Julie forget about it put in another hoop and let them wonder

Mine are double piercer hoops bottom and studs top.they only come out when i am going to change them.

work every day with teenagers they originally commenten but then it fell away.

none of the other teachers say anything other than i am the crazy one.

Emily Ann Brown
03-22-2007, 07:35 AM
TRANNY JOHN.....wasn't he a character on the old MASH TV show?

Emily Ann

marie354
03-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Oh Julie... I don't know about the UK, but here in the US it's acceptable for men to have both ears pierced. Most wear small studs or tiny hoops in both ears. Now a second piercing.... Well I'm not sure about that, but I have seen men with two too. (And yes... I have seen a man in a tu-tu too.)

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Don't you hate when that happens. Can't say you did'nt ask for it, what with all that laughing.

The other day I had to go in front of my home and bring the trash bins from the curb. I was in makeup and trying on different things. I was in my favorite lavender baby doll.
I put on a sweat shirt over it along with jeans and a cap just to hide what I was up to and went out front.

Low and behold when I got back in I notced this very gauzy, see though lavender material hanging down my back side in plain site. All I could do was laugh.

Julie York
03-22-2007, 11:50 AM
The thing is, no-one even did a double take. But then they were all half cut and don't know me very well, so they wouldn't have commented anyway I suppose.

(Don't you find that the people who make the rude remarks are usually your nearest and dearest. "Bloody hell you've had your ears pierced! Why on earth did you do that?" etc)

Michelle 51
03-22-2007, 08:00 PM

Didn't do much for me.That is money your talking about. Right Justabit