PDA

View Full Version : Gender Question ???

Laurie909
03-21-2007, 11:26 PM
If I'm a guy who wants to be a girl and I have a crush on a girl that wants to be a guy, does that mean I'm hetrosexual?

CaptLex
03-21-2007, 11:30 PM
If I'm a guy who wants to be a girl and I have a crush on a girl that wants to be a guy, does that mean I'm hetrosexual?
Ha, ha . . . good question. I think it means you're cool, open-minded and probably as confused as the rest of us. Whatever it is . . . enjoy! :D

ZenFrost
03-22-2007, 12:11 AM
I've actually always wondered what transpeople would have to call themselves as far as gay/straight is concerned. I think it all boils down to whatever you want to call yourself. If you're into men (even if they're trapped in a woman's body) and you yourself are female (on the inside, at least) than that would qualify as hetrosexualty in my book.

Victoria Anne
03-22-2007, 03:40 AM
to me it sounds like your heterosexual myself I tease my wifeby saying I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body,I think I mean it sometimes:eek: . Enjoy being yourself

pocoyo
03-22-2007, 03:58 AM

Yes, yes it does :happy:

Evert
03-22-2007, 04:02 AM
Yes, yes it does :happy:

:iagree:

RachelDenise
03-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Too many questions. Just enjoy the feeling and go with it.

Kate Simmons
03-22-2007, 06:22 AM
Too many questions. Just enjoy the feeling and go with it.I agree with Rachel. We don't need labels, just enjoy being yourself and your relationship. People caring for one another is the important thing.:happy:

John
03-22-2007, 07:13 AM
I think we should just all admit we're queire in every sence of the word ;)

And in answer to you're question: posablie, maybe, I don't know... too confusing for my poor little head right now...

Marcie Sexton
03-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful relationship to me...:2c:

Kieron Andrew
03-22-2007, 07:17 AM
labels meh! we're all human's who cares what the gender is! if you are attracted to someone, its because of who they are and not what they are

pocoyo
03-22-2007, 07:19 AM
label meh! we're all human's who cares what the gender is! if you are attracted to someone because of who they are not what they are

*grins* Why can't all people think like that?!

Kieron Andrew
03-22-2007, 07:26 AM
*grins* Why can't all people think like that?!
:D i editted it a bit cos my grammar stinks today lol, but it still says the same

CaptLex
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
I've actually always wondered what transpeople would have to call themselves as far as gay/straight is concerned. I think it all boils down to whatever you want to call yourself.
Well, I used to think I was only into genetic men, but I've come to realize that mainly I'm attracted to a male presentation, with the genitals being negotiable. I guess this makes me "androphilic", while those that are attracted to a female presentation are "gynophilic". That being said, it is mainly what that person is inside that makes or breaks said attraction. Confused? Take a seat, the nurse will call your number. :p

Evert
03-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Well, I used to think I was only into genetic men, but I've come to realize that mainly I'm attracted to a male presentation, with the genitals being negotiable. I guess this makes me "androphilic", while those that are attracted to a female presentation are "gynophilic". That being said, it is mainly what that person is inside that makes or breaks said attraction. Confused? Take a seat, the nurse will call your number. :p

I've got 12..

That would make me a gynophilic transmale? :confused:

CaptLex
03-22-2007, 09:31 AM
I've got 12..
So you probably have time to grab a sandwich before you get called. :tongueout

That would make me a gynophilic transmale? :confused:
Yeah, I'd say so. Here's the Wikipedia definition of a "gynephile" (or "gynophile") and "androphile" . . .

Gynephilia (or gynophilia) (From Greek gunē, "women," + -philia, "love") is the romantic and/or sexual attraction to adult females, and its counterpart androphilia (from Greek andro-, "male," + -philia, "love") is attraction to adult males. There are two main reasons why these terms have been used: to describe either the age or the sex/gender of the object of an individual's sexual orientation.

The terms gynephilia and androphilia are occasionally (but increasingly) used when referring to the sexual orientation of transgender and intersex people, since the terms homosexual (same-sex) and heterosexual (different-sex) can be unclear. In describing an individual's sexual orientation as homosexual or heterosexual, we are not only saying something about the sex/gender of their object choice, but also something about their own sex/gender — specifically, that their sex and/or gender is the same as, or different from, that of those they desire. Difficulties in making these judgements can be seen, for example, in debates about whether female-attracted transmen are a part of the lesbian community. Androphilia and gynephilia are often preferred, because rather than focusing on the sex or gender of the subject, they only describe that of the object of their attraction.

The third common term that describes sexual orientation, bisexuality, makes no claim about the subject's sex or gender identity.

Kieron Andrew
03-22-2007, 09:35 AM
So you probably have time to grab a sandwich before you get called. :tongueout

Yeah, I'd say so. Here's the Wikipedia definition of a "gynephile" (or "gynophile") and "androphile" . . .

Gynephilia (or gynophilia) (From Greek gunē, "women," + -philia, "love") is the romantic and/or sexual attraction to adult females, and its counterpart androphilia (from Greek andro-, "male," + -philia, "love") is attraction to adult males. There are two main reasons why these terms have been used: to describe either the age or the sex/gender of the object of an individual's sexual orientation.

The terms gynephilia and androphilia are occasionally (but increasingly) used when referring to the sexual orientation of transgender and intersex people, since the terms homosexual (same-sex) and heterosexual (different-sex) can be unclear. In describing an individual's sexual orientation as homosexual or heterosexual, we are not only saying something about the sex/gender of their object choice, but also something about their own sex/gender — specifically, that their sex and/or gender is the same as, or different from, that of those they desire. Difficulties in making these judgements can be seen, for example, in debates about whether female-attracted transmen are a part of the lesbian community. Androphilia and gynephilia are often preferred, because rather than focusing on the sex or gender of the subject, they only describe that of the object of their attraction.

The third common term that describes sexual orientation, bisexuality, makes no claim about the subject's sex or gender identity.

meh *he looked it up before i got a chance* man i am off form today!

CaptLex
03-22-2007, 09:39 AM
meh *he looked it up before i got a chance* man i am off form today!
And guess what, K . . . drank rum last night and I'm still not hungover today. :devil: Don't sweat it, we're all entitled to an off day sometimes (I've been known to have off weeks). Anyway, I hope the info is helpful to some here.

Evert
03-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm confused.. but thats okay, I already were. :devil:

MJ
03-22-2007, 09:55 AM

love is love , does it matter what they look like or there gender ?. if this person feels the same about you go for it

Kate Simmons
03-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Androphilic? Gynophilic? Gosh, I had a couple of each once (I think). Although any more, I'm not sure which one was which. Oh well, I claim:"Blonde".:heehee:

Felix
03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
I agree with several replies here the label shouldn't matter cos it's about two ppl who love each other. I would be lying though if I said I haven't thought about how it relates to myself and Yachica and how it would redefine our relationship. But now I don't cos we are who we are two ppl who :love: each other and really labels don't matter xx Felix :hugs:

bi_weird
03-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah don't see why not. I also agree that it doesn't matter too much. Of course, you could just convert to the true religion of bisexuality and then it doesn't matter. (totally joking, of course)
Hehe "You are getting sleepy. You are checking out men and women. You wish to sleep with all of them."