PDA

View Full Version : What a Relief, My First Session

jsoto81
03-22-2007, 12:25 AM
This evening I went to you my first therapist session, it was with Dr. Davis Fleming, out in LA.

I wasn't sure how traffic was going to be so I left Orange County around 3:00pm, just incase the traffic was bad, much to my dismay it was perfect on the drive out so I got there at 4:00p. With 2 hours to kill I took some photos around LA.

When 6 rolled around I was ready to go. I filled out the usual paper work and then headed into the office, I was really nervous at first (to talk to a stranger about something I barely talk to my family about). He asked me things like what I do, am I in school, what my family is like, who I hang out with more (men or women), If I go to support groups or if I know any FtM (I told him about you guys) and that I chat on a forum with some really awesome people. What we talked about the most though was how long I've felt this way and how I feel specifically and where I want to end up when I'm done. We talked some about my frustration with my ex and all that. I told him how all my life I've just wanted to do the simplest things (shave, wear a suit, walk around topless, be called sir, god even start going bald).

All in all it was a really great session, I don't feel as heavy as I did before. I'm kind of standing a little taller.

And another great thing is that he's FtM as well. So I'm not just talking to someone that has no idea what's going on, he's been through something simlar.

I can't wait for my next session. Oh yeah and I cried bring up all these old feelings (and current feelings) but I think it was mostly relief to beable to talk to someone that has no stake in how this turns out.

happyfish
03-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Dude, that's awesome! :hugs: I'm so glad it turned out well. Words can't even describe how happy I am for you right now.

kerrianna
03-22-2007, 03:10 AM
:hugs: Yay for you! I'm glad you have a therapist who knows what you're going through. It sounds very positive.
Standing taller is great - you can see more. :happy:

It is great to talk to someone who doesn't have a vested interest. I hope it keeps getting better dude. :hugs: :love:

Victoria Anne
03-22-2007, 03:17 AM
I'm happy for you,I hope it will all work out well for you,it sounds as though it already has.I recentlycame out to my mom and sister and that felt great but I still havn't the courage to go seek out a thearapist so kudo's to you. Best wishes Victoria Anne

pocoyo
03-22-2007, 03:26 AM
AWww dude! I'm so pleased for you :hugs:
Well done :happy: I'm really glad you are taking positive, happy steps for yourself! *hi 5*
*gives him a big gay poc hug*

I'm very glad you're feeling lighter :happy:, that really is a lovely thing.

I'd love to see some of the photos you took....

Yay! :love:

Adam
03-22-2007, 06:15 AM
yay im glad it went well for you :D

CaptLex
03-22-2007, 09:22 AM
If I go to support groups or if I know any FtM (I told him about you guys) and that I chat on a forum with some really awesome people.
So you told him how cool we are? Yay! Extra cookies for you. *takes plate of Oreos out of Kieron's hands and gives it to Ben* :heehee:

Congrats on getting through what sounds like a great first session. It's so great that he's FtM too - what a bonus! Is he cute? I bet my therapist is cuter than yours. :tongueout

And I'd love to see some of the pics you took too.

Kieron Andrew
03-22-2007, 09:29 AM
So you told him how cool we are? Yay! Extra cookies for you. *takes plate of Oreos out of Kieron's hands and gives it to Ben* :heehee:
MEH!!!! hmpft! *grumble some profanity at the Capt!!

Way to go Ben it really sounds like you had some positive outcomes from your first session

hey he's FTM too cool!, better hide him from the Capt, he might fancy him!!

I also would love to see those pics! :)

MJ
03-22-2007, 10:00 AM
great I'm glad you have a therapist who knows what you're going through. i hope things work out

bi_weird
03-22-2007, 10:52 AM
DUUUUUDE congrats! Therapy is excellent, and it sounds like you've found a great person to talk to! Do keep us informed.
I'd also like to add my vote for seeing those pics. I may be moving out to Orange County, and being a small town farm boy am terrified of LA. I'd love to be able to see what I'd be getting myself into.

Dasein9
03-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Congratulations! Glad it went well. A good counselor or therapist is key to making the difficult stuff manageable.

Felix
03-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Hey great news Ben and it sounds like ya did well too! Great that he is an FTM too it will make all the difference xx :hugs: Felix

jsoto81
03-22-2007, 08:36 PM
hey guys thank you so much for the support, it means a lot to me. I already made my next appointment (and I'm working 40 hours a week at work which means I'll hopefully be eligable for health insurance and I'll have my appointment's covered through that and hopefully my other treatments down the road).

But I'll definately post those pictures to night. I have to wait til the sun goes down I'll upload those and share them with everyone.

BI when you move out here you'll have to PM me or email me and I'll show ya around town if you like.

jsoto81
03-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Here are 4 of the photos I took on Wednesday. I hope you all enjoy them.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/432591981_8f0a6d93cf_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/146/432591933_bc9f206de7_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/432591911_c42230b4e0_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/168/432588098_48c04b9355_o.jpg

That's it for now, I have some more but I'll post those in the boys club.

Dasein9
03-24-2007, 02:45 PM
You've a good eye, Ben. Thanks for sharing the photos. :D

pocoyo
03-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Mmmmmm, gorgeous :D

Thank you so much!

*runs to the clubhouse, trips over like a fool in his haste, stands up and looks round to check no-one was looking, doesn't notice Kieron peering out from behind a bush, brushes knees off and continues running to the clubhouse at a slightly slower, more limpy pace*.....

bi_weird
03-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Dude thanks for sharing!