PDA

View Full Version : More on self acceptance

noname
03-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Today I got home from getting some stuff for dinner, and my neighbor pulled up and decided to get chatty as I was trying to head to the house. She was very chatty, chipper, and all smiles. But at the same time I grew uncomfortable. Why? Isn't this what we've all been wanting? She's seen me before going to and from the house, so it's no real secret. So why did I get all nervous? Afraid of a possible responce? Perhaps I don't accept myself as much as I thought I did. This is crazy isn't it? At least it's nice to have a neighbor who treats me with respect, and acts normal twards me vs. a neighbor that sneers at me. Heck, it's nice to have neighbors that even talk to each other these days. I have no idea who the people are on the other side of the house.

paulaN
03-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Some other time you might feel like yacken up a storm. It may not be your self acceptance at all, rather it was the mood you were in.

Julie York
03-22-2007, 06:37 PM
It's nothing to do with self acceptance. It's called fear.

You can accept yourself all you like, but it won't stop you feeling apprehensive that someone else won't.

Wendy me
03-22-2007, 06:46 PM
could you be shy?? nervous???? scared???.........

Wenda
03-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Unless you live and work en femme, it is natural to feel uncomfortable when you are delayed. It increases the chances of negative responses from neighbours who may be less accepting. It can be dangerous to try to guess her motives: wants to delay you until someone comes by to confirm you CD (worst case), she is a bit uneasy about knowing "one of us', and is overcompensating; or, she is just a slightly lonely citizen reaching out to someone whom she thinks she can relate to (best case). I would say you just need to carry on 'as normal' and deal with the outcomes. all the best!

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 09:24 AM
With time maybe you will be able to get chatty with her. You are probably acclimating yourself with the whole thing. Give it time and be easy on yourself.
What a neighbor. She is a keeper. Love thy neighbor. She sounds easy to love.

Margie
03-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I agree with the others. Just a normal reaction given the circumstances I would think. Giving it with time you most likely with have a good friend as a neighbor. I'd love to have a neighbor that I could chat with while dressed!!!!

Karren H
03-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Maybe you should put on a pretty dress and take a bunt cake over to the other house.. Get to know them better...

If I were you I'd go get more friendly with miss chatty.. She might have some nice things in her closet you could borrow sometime.. Lucky girl...

Karren

Margie
03-23-2007, 09:50 AM
She does seem lucky Karren, doesn't she??? We could be soooo envious! LOL