PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Dilemma

Rachael
03-23-2007, 06:26 AM
While out walking the other day, taking in some early spring sushine, I met a guy coming the other way walking his dog. Like me he was wearing hiking boots and socks, but unlike me who was wearing pants, he was wearing a very short pleated denim skirt. He seemed completely unfazed and greeted me with cheery hello. I replied after some hesitation. He might have misunderstood the reason as disapproval whereas it was anything but. My impulse was to say yippee a kindred spirit, and launch into a discussion as to what the best skirt for walking was. All I did was smile weakly and say Hi!
Although I too occasionally wear askirt out and make no attempt to pass this guy seemed so comfortable with it. Would any other memebers have identified themselves to him as CD or just do what I did?

Kate Simmons
03-23-2007, 06:41 AM
Not knowing the person or the circumstances, you probably did the best thing Rachael.:happy:

Wanda.cd.northern.NH
03-23-2007, 07:04 AM
I think you probably did the right thing, but you might try going several more time at ther same time and see if he is wearing similar skirts. If so you could do the same on another day. Wanda

Eva Diva
03-23-2007, 07:18 AM
There was an old guy in my town who wore a skirt, but he also wore an elf hat, so it's hard to say what was going down with him. :D I"m kind of surprised at the answers above. Why not just start a conversation with a person? It's not like it commits you to a long-term relationship. It's not like you have to start with a comparison of tucking methods - just "how about this weather" would be a start. Once you show yourself as relaxed and friendly, maybe one thing will lead to another and you'll learn more.

Christina Nicole
03-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Rather shows the difference between men and women. A woman would comment easily. Men don't communicate as readily or easily.

How about, "Beautiful Day. You bave such a nice doggy. Cute skirt; where did you get it?"

Warm regards,
Chistina Nicole

Holly
03-23-2007, 07:58 AM
A friendly hello and a bit of casual conversation would probably been welcomed. If the opportuniuty presents itself again, please consider it. Admitting to him that you admire his courage would boost his confidence even more and open the door for you to say more about yourself, should you choose to do so... just a thought.

Karren H
03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Think with the smile I would have added "Love the skirt, where did you buy it?".. Compliments and shopping questions always break the ice... No matter what gender your taking to...

Karren

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Hard to say. There is always a next time. Maybe you will cross each others path again.

take care

Rachael
03-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the replies so quick. You've given me food for thought. I never even considered the middle way guess my brein's slowing down. I intend to go back that way and maybe start up an unrelated conversation if I see him. You never know; he may even read this.:love: Rach

Eva Diva
03-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Just being friendly does wonders. Once you're talking about dogs, or baseball, or whatever, you could throw in something like "So, that skirt looks comfortable". Now you're on topic, and you take it from there.