PDA

View Full Version : Singles awareness day

Jill
02-14-2005, 04:26 PM
This is easily the worst day of the year to be single and available like me. I like Valentines day if I have someone to share it with. But I don't, and it sucks. I'm lonley and having a bad day, who can relate?

Virtue
02-14-2005, 04:30 PM
awww that sucks i kinda know what you mean i've always been single at v-day and its so bad and now i have a g/f and i never got to see her :( ah welllllll

sherri
02-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Definitely relating here. *sniff*

So pamper yourself a little bit. Get some great takeout and a favorite feel good movie, splurge on a nice wine, maybe window shop a little on the way home. Be hedonistic — take a long hot shower, shave all over, lots of lotion and moisturizer and cologne. Put on something cozy, call someone who cares about you just to shoot the breeze for a few minutes. Then get all comfy on the couch with pillows and a blanket and settle in for dinner and movie. Afterward, read yourself to sleep with something positive, that reminds you of what there is about life to love.

I know all that doesn't keep you from being lonely, but it does make you feel better. And keep in mind that when we're lonely, we tend to idealize romance and imagine it as being perfect. It is never perfect.

Tonia
02-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Definitely relating here. *sniff*

So pamper yourself a little bit. Get some great takeout and a favorite feel good movie, splurge on a nice wine, maybe window shop a little on the way home. Be hedonistic — take a long hot shower, shave all over, lots of lotion and moisturizer and cologne. Put on something cozy, call someone who cares about you just to shoot the breeze for a few minutes. Then get all comfy on the couch with pillows and a blanket and settle in for dinner and movie. Afterward, read yourself to sleep with something positive, that reminds you of what there is about life to love.

I know all that doesn't keep you from being lonely, but it does make you feel better. And keep in mind that when we're lonely, we tend to idealize romance and imagine it as being perfect. It is never perfect.
Yea,what she said.....:(
Tonia;)

Julie
02-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Jill I can relate with you 100%, I've been here most of the day (10.40pm here) and haven't seen a soul all day. I know exactly how you're feeling and I'm sorry. Don't whatever you do read the Valentine threads, they'll only make you feel worse. :)

JJ

Julie York
02-14-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't mind Valentines Day.

It doesn't bother me one bit actually.

I don;t care.
Doesn't bother me one bit.

Oooooh Dannnyyy Booooooooooy
The piiiiipes the piiipes are calllling yooooooo
froom Glen to gleeeeeen
and down the mountain siiisiiidee

sniffle sniffle.

I can't liiiiiiiiive
If living is with out yooooooooo

ooooooh gaaaard
I luv you you are my best mate.

No I'm ok.k.

Yeah no I'm o.k. really.

Stop touching me .
I never liked you anyway.

racheal
02-14-2005, 05:54 PM
I know how you feel - this is the third year the my girlfriend has not came by. Oh well, I guess the 'power of the day' is not there anymore. Just another day - but a great day for the greeting card businesses I guess. :)

MonaSmith
02-14-2005, 05:57 PM
When you are alone and lonely every day is hell. Valentine's day just magnifies it.

Mona xx.

Amelie
02-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Sometimes, even when you are with someone, life can be lonely.

DonnaT
02-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Valentine's Day is not just for lovers.

It's a time to tell friends and family you love them too.

So, on that note:

LOVE YOU ALL

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_13.gif

Sharon
02-14-2005, 07:32 PM
I don't mind Valentines Day.

It doesn't bother me one bit actually.

I don;t care.
Doesn't bother me one bit.

Oooooh Dannnyyy Booooooooooy
The piiiiipes the piiipes are calllling yooooooo
froom Glen to gleeeeeen
and down the mountain siiisiiidee

sniffle sniffle.

I can't liiiiiiiiive
If living is with out yooooooooo

ooooooh gaaaard
I luv you you are my best mate.

No I'm ok.k.

Yeah no I'm o.k. really.

Stop touching me .
I never liked you anyway.

LOL Julie. You ARE okay!! :)

Stormgirl
02-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Its my moms birthday today but she died back in 1995 of breast cancer. Fark this day. :mad:

Virtue
02-14-2005, 09:48 PM
aww im sorry *hugs* yeah fark this day indeed!

Tristen Cox
02-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Well I for one have not had a Valentine actually present on February 14th since 1992. Depressing? It used to be, now it just like any other holiday that others get to share with someone and I don't because there's no one here with me. Bites big time.

However I would like to thank YOU for all the wonderful PM's sent to me, and wow that was like alot too :o Made a bad day seem much better, just wish a few of you were a tad bit closer that's all. Thanks girls!

Love & hugs
Tristen

Wendy me
02-15-2005, 08:33 AM
wendy gives tristen a big bag of hugs ..........use them any time you neend one i got more.........

Tristen Cox
02-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Thanks sis' I can always use a good hug :o