PDA

View Full Version : Days 3 and 4 - Persistence pays off

Nicole
03-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Hey everyone, good news! I found some nice clothes that fit! Thanks SO MUCH for your encouragement! Your positive comments have helped me stay on track. My adventures over the past week have been much easier with your support. :hugs:

I found a pair of 'Editor' girl shorts at Express. They are small vintage-style shorts with tiny cuffs and a double-buttoned flat front, the kind a secretary in a 60's Bond film would wear. CUTE! To my surprise the 12's and 10's did not fit. I managed to squeeze myself into an 8 and had enough wiggle room to get in some sass. Once I get my long legs shaved the world will never be the same. :heehee: It was a huge confidence boost.

Shoes were a total bust. I am a 13 and nobody stocks that size. Decided to stick to online shopping, of which Zappos.com seems to have the best selection.

To shave or not to shave? Many of you have recommended epilation so I figured I should give that a try. God I hope it won't hurt too much. $50 down for a Braun epilator from Ulta and then off to Stein Mart with my wife.

Stein Mart. Sounds like a ceramics factory outlet, doesn't it? Do not be fooled. We really struck gold here. My wife bought me a cream-colored silk blouse (no arms, long torso, silky turtleneck), a black dress with red rose patterns, and pair of long black rayon pants with flared leggings. My legs look amazing when I walk in them. I swoosh and flow. Everything fits and I am VERY happy.

I am prepared for my final wig fitting. The only thing left is the scariest part: A makeover! I will be paying a visit to MAC (thanks Helen!) in the near future. I haven't decided whether to go in guy or girl mode yet. All I can say is after a tense week of confronting my fears I am finally settling down and feeling good again.

Thanks for taking an interest in my progress. If I feel comfortable after the upgrade I will consider posting photos of what they did.