PDA

View Full Version : Doing & Sharing Chores

Margie
03-23-2007, 10:46 AM
I have a question for everyone .... How many of you share or do chores around the house ..... like washing dishes, doing the laundry, making meals, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom and all the other chores people think as "woman" type chores?

I do all of the above except for the dusting. For some reason my wife won't let me dust. Strange but true. She has no problem with anything else. I do many chores and enjoy doing them. It's the sharing of the chores that we both love. Granted, some of them are boring and, bathrooms are just plain UGLY!, but it's one of the things that makes for a great relationship.

Margie

Lovely Rita
03-23-2007, 11:13 AM
I am suzy homemaker when it comes to chores. I love doing chores especially when in Rita mode. I also help around the house when in drab.

Helen in OK
03-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I do 99.99% of all the cooking, most of the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, and picking up. Am I semi domesticated???? And it is all so much more fun when doing it en femme.

Helen in OK

vbcdgrl
03-23-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't have an SO with whom to share the chores, so I do everything you mentioned myself, including dusting. I also clean the carpet and wash the windows, which I'm in the middle of right now. This covers most of the house, except 2 rooms and a bathroom where my son lives. Since my son is at work weekdays, I do most of these chores en femme, makes it a little less boring. Well, back to the windows.....

Vikki

Lissa Stevens
03-23-2007, 12:51 PM
I do almost all the cooking, vacuuming, dusting, dish washing and most laundry. Ironically she does more yard work as she enjoys it.

Annaliese
03-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I have a question for everyone .... How many of you share or do chores around the house ..... like washing dishes, doing the laundry, making meals, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom and all the other chores people think as "woman" type chores?

I do all of the above except for the dusting. For some reason my wife won't let me dust. Strange but true. She has no problem with anything else. I do many chores and enjoy doing them. It's the sharing of the chores that we both love. Granted, some of them are boring and, bathrooms are just plain UGLY!, but it's one of the things that makes for a great relationship.

Margie

I make the bed every morning, wife leave for work at 5am last one in the bed makes the bed. I love to cook and wife dose not so I do 90% of the cooking.
I do the bathrooms most of the time and we share the vacuuming and she dose the laundry most of the time.

Make for a good marriage, but this did not happen until I let my fem side out. She says I am a much better person now, would prefer that I would not dress but puts up with it and I still get that look when I put a nice blouse or a skirt in the basket for me.

Anna

Ashley1
03-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Do you have a French Maid uniform?:hugs:
:love:
Ashley

suzy
03-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Well I certainly don't do enough of the housework. I am trying to do more, especially when dressed as Suzy. My wife's main complaint is to get me to just hang back up the clothes that I have been trying on!!! I'm working on that too!!!:hugs:

tommi
03-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Inside Tommi homemaker Outside Tom landscaper:dom:

Margie
03-23-2007, 01:44 PM
I do them about half in drab and the other half dressed casual, like in nightgown or in bra, panties and bathrobe. It sure does feel better dressed! As we all seem to agree.

michelleupnorth
03-23-2007, 02:01 PM
I've always done all the chours. Part of the reason that I'm single. My ex fiance and ex wife felt that I would do it anyway so they did nothing.

Marcie Sexton
03-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Believe it or not, I insist on doing the chores around the house when I'm off...

Something I've never minded doing...Helps with the load on my wife and gives me a lot pleasure seeing our home staying all pretty...

...AND NO I'M NOT FOR HIRE...

kerrianna
03-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I've always done at least my share. I'm actually a bit more tidier than my Carol hehehe. I've never thought about things as women's work or men's work. We just kind of settled in a rythmn of whoever wants to do someting, or is better at it, or has more time, does it. Some days neither of us do, so we have to work it out.

I have noticed that living on my own during the week the past 3 weeks that I'm not as neat as when Carol is here. But that's because I'm the only one who has to deal with the pile of dishes, etc.

Most of it is just consideration.

I must admit doing them dressed (well, except the messy ones) is more fun! :happy:

insearchofme
03-23-2007, 08:08 PM
My mother taught me to do everything so I have no problem doing my share. I clean all the rooms in the house except for the bathrooms and kitchen, I'll cook sometimes (she loves to cook and doesn't want me to screw up her kitchen). I do the laundry and will iron, she would rather do that though. I also do most of the yard work.

Now if I could do all the above en femme I'd be in heaven!

pedebra
03-24-2007, 07:01 AM
My wife and I have always shared the chores around the house. She does the cooking and I do the cleanup. Normally I will do the laundry. If the house needs a touch up between visits by the cleaning service, I am the one to do it. It is my pleasure to make my wife's life a little easier.
Debra

jasmine57
03-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Being on my own, doing the chores isn't a question. Back when I was married, I did all the chores. She worked out in the yard and I cleaned and cooked. She liked being out in the sun and I loved making things look nice. I actually think it was part of my coming out to myself.
:love:
Jasmine

Babette
03-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Maybe some would find this strange, but there are no gender specific duties in our household. We both feel that our house is truly our house. Any cleaning to be done is generally the result of both our lives, and therefore we share equally in the duty. We both prepare food but this is an area of creativity that I enjoy most. The laundry room has been off limits to me due to my general ineptness with color seperations. OK-so I cannot be Ms. Perfect!

During the earlier years of our marriage, we shared the parenting role equally as well. The good times and bad, the dirty diapers, trips to the soccer field, and runny noses are all part of the job descriptions for both moms and dads. A lot of my friends thought I was stange for behaving like this. Actually, I wondered if they were not being remiss for not.

Oh well, have fun doing what works best for you.

Babette

Raychel
03-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Sure we share the chores. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one that does any of them. And there are other times that my wife has that feeling. It sure would be nice if the kids would actually help out once in a while.

Margie
03-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Seems like we all share in the chores. I find it neat that a lot of us are more "neater" (that's prob not the right word") than our wives! No offense to all the wives, partners and SO's! LOL. I have that same trait. I love detail and usually take my time, when I can. My wife just wants to get it done .... and I know that's from doing it for so many years! I wish I had come out sooner and shared more than I do now ... then.

Raychel .... I hear you loud and clear! My kids were the same way. Just beings kids I guess??? LOL

Felix
03-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi again... We tend to share the chores not fifty fifty cos there are things she definitely preferred to do her own way :heehee: I do a lot of the cooking at the moment although that tends to be because I'm in from work earlier than her. Although she prefers me to cook. I help with the other chores like washing the pots, hoovering, making the beds and washing when allowed lol. Big jobs like decorating she likes me to do but she is wicked at laying carpet as she tiled the kitchen not long ago. Gardening we tend to share but the garden is long about 70ft so I tend to cut the grass lol. Think that's about it xx Felix :hugs:

lauraabdl
03-24-2007, 10:45 AM
I've been more of a susie homemaker this past few weeks. My SO caught cold and got nemonia, had to hospitalize her for five days. I really do enjoy house work and since my So don't do windows I do and she don't do ironing so I really enjoy doing that, as for the rest of the house work we share and when she is not feeling well I do more so she dosen't have to. I really do enjoy a clean house. Just wish she would let me do it enfemm. Laura would just love to get out more often but So dosen't approve totally, lets me wear panties 24/7 and the occasional nitie, so we do are dressing in private, SO knows but leaves it at that.
Laura.

Lilith Moon
03-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Like washing dishes. Yes, well I put them in the dishwasher.

Doing the laundry. When I get chance. She usually gets there first. Any ironing...I do it. She hates ironing.

Making meals...mostly me, cos I like cooking. But tonite She is doing dinner.

Dusting, vacuuming. I do it when I see the need. However, she tends to "see the need" before I do.

Cleaning the bathroom. Ditto. I have no problems with it...she just beats me to it most times.

Like others I would be even happier to do them en-femme. Not because it is "womans work" but just to be allowed to do stuff dressed as I like without her making a big deal would be great.

Karren H
03-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Nope!!! She does NOT want me messing things up... more.... And if I try to do something, I get hell.... Don't you have something on your list to do???

:D

Love Karren

Angie G
03-24-2007, 07:41 PM
My wife can't stand to long backproblums so dishes and the vacuuming is hard I love doing them when I'm dressed :hugs:
Angie

Trisha
03-24-2007, 11:46 PM
im the stay at home wife and do most of the house chores as i work from home now and my wife is the one that goes out to work seems to work for us and kids and all like it that way :D

Suzie S.
03-25-2007, 03:47 AM
My wife and I share all our household chores. I have no problem doing any domestic chores, and I love to cook! Ido some of the work enfemme, it does make it less boring! :happy:

cdmikesb
03-25-2007, 04:13 AM

Margiei love to do the house work when i can,and most days i help out around the house.i have to work everyday so i dont have much time durring the week to do house work.

Tamara Croft
03-25-2007, 07:40 AM
.....and all the other chores people think as "woman" type chores?I wish people would stop saying things like this, it's sexist. These chores aren't 'woman' type chores :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: This seems to be a common trait amongst some CD's and to be honest, you aren't doing yourselves any favours, emualting women in such a sexist way :mad: :mad:

nicoleazcd
03-25-2007, 12:14 PM
I do most of the chores . The strange hours my so works allows me to dress and do them. It is something to help her and me too. We love having a tidy house.

Shelly Preston
03-25-2007, 12:39 PM
The chores need to be done

How you divide them up is called compromise

I dont ever see me digging the garden wearing heels :tongueout

JoAnnDallas
03-26-2007, 10:06 AM
My wife does most of the household chores, only because she is now retired and stays at home. I do take care of the outside part of the house. When we both used to work full time, I did help with the laundry, making beds, cooking (still do), house cleaning, and etc.

MsEva
03-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I do most of the household chores either en femme or en drab. I do almost all the laundry. My wife knows that if there are piles of clean clothes laundered ready to be put up that Eva, the domestic, has been here. I also cook most of our meals as my dear wife tutors several times a week. I guess I do six of the seven diners weekly. I also vacuum, and do the dishes usually when dressed. I guess there is a silver lining to my dressing as my wife would think.