PDA

View Full Version : Going out

crusadergirl
03-24-2007, 01:08 AM
I been wanting to do this for awhile but i could not think of the right time. It all started when i went to the mall in guy mode i was looking at womens clothing stores. I went in one called Body shop, i looked at some stuff i liked but, i didn't buy anything it just didn't feel right looking at girls clothes as a guy. Don't get me wrong i'm not worried about what ppl think.
I just think it would of better for me to shop for that stuff dressed as a girl.
My question for everybody is should i go out en femme in the mall shopping when its spring break and there are alot of ppl there?
Does anybody else feel like it would be better buying girl clothes as a girl?
One thing holding me back is one of my best friends works in the mall and he don't know that i cd. Should i do it are not?

noname
03-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Just go and buy the clothes you want. Go in boy mode, you'll get less looks and stares. ( I imagine ) After a while you'll realize, no one cares what you buy. All the stores care about is selling, they don't care who the buyer is. Ok, you might get the odd person, but really no one cares.

Lisa Golightly
03-24-2007, 03:25 AM
It's a decision you have to make I'm afraid... As for me... I'm not really bothered with stores... I prefer shopping on the laptop in bed with my teddy bear... Mmmmmm much more civilised isn't it bear... :)

Gina_darling
03-24-2007, 06:16 AM
I shop in boy mode and no-one notices. It could just be a present for someone for all they know. As for going out in a busy mall dressed I think that is too big a step too soon, I think that it would probably put you off doing it again. Build up to it gradually. But remember, everyone is different so do what you feel comfortable with.

christiecd
03-24-2007, 11:41 AM
i've bought girl stuff dressed as a guy, and i just play it off as buying for a gift. the awkward part for me is paying at the register, so i just ask for a gift receipt.

Sally24
03-24-2007, 03:02 PM
First off I would select a different mall. If you have friend(s) that work there that is probably too much stress for a fun day.

I believe it is the best to shop en femme because I still find it hard to visualize just how an outfit will look until I have it on. It also doesn't fit the same without breasts and hips. I have tried some outfits on in drab and that works ok, but it's not anywhere as good as seeing everything as it will be used. Saves lots of trips back to the store with returns, plus you can have fun trying on the stores clothes and only actually buy a few things!

Sally

Karren H
03-24-2007, 04:08 PM
I shop in either mode.... doesn't mater to me or tho the SA's.... But I almost always try on everything before I buy... In either mode.... Above all... have fun!! If it's not fun, your doing something wrong... hehe

Love Karren

carol anne
03-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Crusader Girl: I feel as you do. I always feel that I should be dressed as a female if I am going shopping for femme clothing. It just feels better and more natural to me. Maybe it's just that when dressed as a girl I feel more comfortable and natural to be shopping in the women's section
Carol Anne

joann07
03-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I've shopped at various places in guy mode and was nervous the first couple of times I did it, but now I'm not as nervous anymore.

The first time I did it was at a local Victoria's Secret. I must've been there for almost an hour browsing around. It was obvious to the sales ladies that I was looking for something for myself, but they had no problem with it. After a while, I wasn't so nervous anymore. They were very helpful and the even let me use the dressing room to try on a few things. In the end, I bought 6 pairs of panties, 2 bras, and a sexy sleep shirt. Oh! And I couldn't resist the beautiful cashier's sales pitch and signed up for their Angel credit card.
All in all, it was a great experience and, whenever I go back, I'm not nervous anymore.

I've also gone to the local thrift stores (i.e. Goodwill) in guy mode and bought various dresses, skirts, and tops. There were other women around when I was browsing around, but they didn't seem to mind. I always dress casually in something nice, wearing Jeans, polo, and loafers over pantyhose, so I don't look like a pervert or some kind of psycho.

Like what everyone else said, all the stores care about is selling, they don't care who the buyer is.
I've only just started going out and shopping in female mode and it has been an experience I'll always remember. I'll have to post that in another thread. Stay tuned for that.

Angie G
03-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Just go shopping boy -mode who cares no one at the mall just don't shop were your friend works :hugs:
Angie

Richelle
03-24-2007, 08:53 PM
I shop in either mode.... doesn't mater to me or tho the SA's.... But I almost always try on everything before I buy... In either mode.... Above all... have fun!! If it's not fun, your doing something wrong... hehe

Love Karren

I agree with Karren. Go in either mode and just have fun. The SAs could really care so long as you are polite and use the dressing room that is correct for the what you are wearing when you came in the store.

Richelle

susie evans
03-24-2007, 11:51 PM
i go in either mode i like to try it on before i buy just my preference :heehee:

susie

crusadergirl
03-25-2007, 12:26 AM
I went back to the mall today and i had no problem buying what i wanted in guy mode. Everything went good way better then last time. I have been really scared to go in to any womens clothing stores at the mall. For the last couple of monthes but i got over it today, I even talked to ppl that were shopping in there and i never talk that much to anybody when i go shopping.
Thanks for the help everbody.

Lisa Golightly
03-25-2007, 03:21 AM
Awwwwww... :) *Nosey Lisa wonders what she bought* ;)

sandra-leigh
03-25-2007, 11:21 AM
I believe it is the best to shop en femme because I still find it hard to visualize just how an outfit will look until I have it on. It also doesn't fit the same without breasts and hips.

Just take your forms and bra, either wearing them (no-one will see under your jacket), or take them in a bag. If you're planning on shopping for skirts or dresses, consider underdessing with tights or pantyhose, so that you won't be focusing on your hairy legs instead of focusing on how the item would look in context of being worn.

My "shame" at shopping in male mode has pretty much evaporated. I still get tinges when asking to try on bras, but blouses and dresses and skirts are fair game. (Okay, maybe a small bit more internal resistance on the dresses in a boutique -- but no hesitation if it's a thrift store.)

Kimberly
03-25-2007, 11:38 AM
An answer you might want to consider:

There is no right time. There is only now. You cannot predict how the day will turn out, you have only some considerations: (Saturday shopping, time of day often affects how many people are around too.)

I think you should try it... mainly because my shopping experiences as a woman have been so much better than those as a guy -- you feel so valid in a women's clothes shop presenting as a woman, because you feel you have the right to be there. I hope to do it much more often. xx

Lovely Rita
03-26-2007, 09:40 AM
This is a tuffy. My only consideration is your safety. The friend working at the mall does complicate things.

be careful

LindaTS
03-27-2007, 03:36 PM
I hear a lot of you saying how comfortable you are shopping in the guy mode. That's something I've never been able to do with the exception of shopping during the holidays. For me I have to be me, that is in the girl mode then I don't have any problems at all. You would think I would have gotten over this by now; at 68.