PDA

View Full Version : oops - name confusion

Niya W
03-24-2007, 01:45 AM
well last thursday i was at a company function and people were asking me whats my name. I started to say niya I got n-i out and then coughed and said my male name.

cindychan
03-24-2007, 01:59 AM
Good Lord now I'm worried it will happen to me

Megan_Girl
03-24-2007, 02:05 AM
I can identify with that...

I was working with my boss the other day getting a new account ready to open. (I had "under-dressed" as usual)
I was hanging up the art work and really getting into the task. I was matching up sizes and colors, pictures with sculpture, etc... when my boss said "I've never seen this side of you... your really letting your feminine side show through" I nearly choked on the nail that was hanging from my lips, checked to see if my tights were showing and said - "Boss you ain't seen nothing yet!" :D

XXX
Megan

Deborah_UK
03-24-2007, 03:45 AM
To turn it on its head slightly - I was visiting another office the other day and some called out "Deborah" - I immediately looked up but did not respond and one of the women in the office replied, but it was close!! LOL :eek:

Eugenie
03-24-2007, 03:48 AM
I was on the edge of signing some business e-mails "Eugenie" a few times... Fortunately, it has not happened so far, bu I will need to remain cautious...

:o
Eugenie

MJ
03-24-2007, 08:14 AM
To turn it on its head slightly - I was visiting another office the other day and some called out "Deborah" - I immediately looked up but did not respond and one of the women in the office replied, but it was close!! LOL :eek:

LOL i remember doing the same thing, until i came out at work. after two years if any calls out my old name "Paul" i tend to look around !! .. oh that's not me :eek:

Karren H
03-24-2007, 08:30 AM
I've signed my name Karren to emails and had to go back and change the K to a W before I hit send.... Oppsie!!! And since our secretary is named Karen.... I'm always turning around when someone calles her name.... lol

Karren

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-24-2007, 09:15 AM
I have gotten calls on my cell for sandra and sometimes I have it sitting on my desk and one of my guys will answer it for me. It's always a "sorry you must have the wrong number" , if they only knew.

sandra-leigh
03-24-2007, 01:44 PM
well last thursday i was at a company function and people were asking me whats my name. I started to say niya I got n-i out and then coughed and said my male name.

These days, I find myself making a bunch of split-second decisions about which name to give.

For example, at one of the club meetings, I forgot my hat and mitts; they were picked up by one of the other members, who happens to work in a different branch of an firm that has an office close to my office. The other member offered to drop them in intra-office mail for me to pick up locally; now, which name do I give him (him at work == his male mode) to put on the package for when I pick it up?

Or if I'm out at one of the clubs in male mode or in gender-bending mode, and one of the club regulars (who has seen me both ways) introduces me to another club regular (who will probably see me in femme mode in the future), which name do I give? I started being known by male name at the clubs long before I dared dress when I went to them, so I can't keep track of whom I've told which name to. And it seems I'm not one of those people who look completely different when en femme: no matter how I'm dressed, wig and skirt and forms and all, the club regulars very quickly connect my femme appearance to my male, and may well greet me by my male name...

Or there's a second-hand boutique that I go to to buy my nicer femme clothes. I've stopped by much more often in male mode than in femme, and when I walk in the door the staff members always have a big smile and greet me by my male name. They are such nice people, and actively help me find femme clothes that work well for me. They don't understand cross-dressing, and it would probably bother them if they thought much about it, but they stopped thinking about it: they are just happy to see me walk out a happy man (urr, happy woman :) ). Their relationship is to me, not to crossdressers in general. Anyhow, I don't have the heart to tell them to use my femme name.

About the only people who consistantly use my femme name are the staff at the independant cosmetics place I go to.

sandcastle
04-26-2007, 12:56 PM
My geography teacher (woman) many years ago used (v.unfairly) girls' first name & boys' surnames. More than once when she asked Sandra Bell a question I would try to answer (and get odd looks) - it's a bit like my surname. An omen perhaps.

Sandra.

Brianna Lovely
04-26-2007, 04:29 PM
A few months ago, I would introduce myself, using my male name, but today, I almost feel uncomfortable doing that.
Sometimes, in a crowded place, if someone calls out my male name, I don't think it's me they're calling.

Recently, I've noticed that when friends intoduce me, they look and if I'm wearing something fem (which is most of the time) they introduce me as Brianna.

To some friends and even for the first time, I've been signing my emails with both names. Of course, I get the question, do I have a GF, giggle, then I have to explain.

Melanie R
04-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I have forgotton when in male drab and told someone my name is Melanie. My wife has done this also.

Ammdi
04-26-2007, 06:28 PM
I've never had anything like this happen to me..... I guess probably becasue i've NEVER been called Ammdi verbally, only in emails.....

Kenix
04-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Not a problem for me. My femme name is so uncommon that I don't think I can even pronounce it correctly. :D

JamieTV
04-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh thanks, I have never had that happen, but now I am sure that it might.....hehehehe

JoAnnDallas
04-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Before I joined Tri-Ess, I went to the Tri-Ess HEF2006 last year. I had only signed up for that Saturday, but was invited to come and join them for after dinner drinks that Friday evening. I went in boy mode and after finding my sponser, she took me around and introduced me as JoAnn. At first I felt a little funny being in boy mode and being addressed in fem. Then I noticed that all of the girls and SO's were addressing me as JoAnn and treating me just like one of the girls. I soon relaxed and I guess it help me the next day when I went dressed. That Saturday was the first time I was dressed, in a public place and enteracting with not only other Cders but John Q Public. Being treated as a female and addressed as such all day became one of my treasured memories.

Paula Thomas
04-27-2007, 10:53 AM
MJ regarding your comment "...if any calls out my old name "Paul" i tend to look around".

That's why I use "Paula" (eases any confusion if I respond to the "other" name).

Hermione Simpson
04-27-2007, 12:29 PM
i've never been called hermione verbally, just in e-mails, but i'm always tempted to put hermione on my finished pieces of work as i'm at college, if only to see what my lecturer says when she hands it back to me

Dixie
04-27-2007, 01:31 PM
My wife and I were out one evening and she was felling a little onary and introduced me as Dixie when I was in drab, the lady said Dixie huh, do ya do any trixies? I just said, honey, you can't afford me. We all got a laugh out of it, and nothing was ever made of it when talking another time she had completely forgotten about it, WHEW