PDA

View Full Version : Fear - of being recognized

Joanne f
03-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi all,
i some times wish that i had some one nearby who was the same as me that i could meet some times and chat with, but i have this fear of some one else in the same town or nearby knowing of what i do , has anyone else thoughts like this and do you think that It would be a good or bad idea for someone nearby to know who you are ,
joanne f

btmgrl6
03-24-2007, 12:11 PM
If that someone does the same thing as you ie: crossdress,what could be the harm? Remember to use the normal precautions when meeting someone new.

Steph

krisinpink
03-24-2007, 12:47 PM
I'd like the same thing! Also have similar reservations, but if we were careful in establishing a connection like this, we'd be able to find persons who feel as we do, and we'd have that friend to bounce ideas and shopping off of!!

-Jacqui

melissacd
03-24-2007, 01:29 PM
I had tremendous fear at one time, but as I gained more acceptance of my inner girl I realized that it was mis-placed fear. I stepped off the cliff and went out into the world as Melissa and I have never looked back. It is the best thing that I did for me. With each step out into the world the guilt and shame and yes...the fear, have washed away.

Chances are that anyone you know he saw you in public dressed up would not recognize you anyway, however, I have never bumped into anyone who I knew so what you need to do is step into the fear and move beyond it, you will be so glad that you did.

Huggs
Melissa

Sally24
03-24-2007, 02:04 PM
You could both meet as your fem selves and then they don't really know you. It keeps it safe for both of you and with e-mail and cell phones it is possible to have a personal relationship with someone that really doesn't have any personal information about you. As others have said, if you meet on-line, be very conservative about meeting in reallity. Meet in a public place with plenty of people around and make sure you are expected back at a certain time and people know where you are. A few simple precautions and you can make it a nice safe time.

Good Luck!

Sally

TxKimberly
03-24-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree with all of the posts above. As long as you use common sense, you will probably find meeting other Tgirls to be an entirely positive experience. The way I did it was to get to know someone online first. We chatted for months before we decided to meet at a local Tfriendly club, and I had a wonderful time!
Kim

Kate Simmons
03-24-2007, 03:06 PM
I have several CD friends around town I get together with. Sometimes we meet at the club, sometimes we just go for coffee or lunch. We may be guys or girls, it depends. It's neat getting together to talk though.:happy:

marie354
03-24-2007, 06:21 PM
I have met with someone that I met on here and we had a blast. We didn't go any where, just sat im my living room and drank sodas and talked.
I loved to be able to sit in my living room with someone else that crossdressed. It was a first for me and I'd love to do it again.

AllieSF
03-24-2007, 06:55 PM
One thing is to meet and chat over coffee, wine, beer, lunch or whatever without dressing up. You are then just friends talking about whatever. However, dressed and with the need for discretion depends on each's own situation. If discretion is important, which it seems it is for you, I recommend a longer distance relationship in some hopefully safe location. That way you can make an outing out of it, maybe meeting halfway in between. Since my family is close, I prefer somewhere where I would not expect to run into someone I know. If I may meet someone who lives locally nearby, I would still prefer to meet them out of my area.

Karren H
03-24-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't have that problem since if you've seen my transformation videos you'd know that Karren and I do not look alike.... She's the pretty one!! hehe

And I have a couple CD friends that know who I am, even one that works for the same company as I do (matter of fact she knew who i was before we met... put two and two together from talking to other local girls) ... One who's kids go to the same school as my kids and we have lunch together every so often, in male mode... even ran into him at the ice rink with his and my kids along.... my kids think we used to play on the same hockey team... same team but not hockey!! lol.... and I'm not worried....

Love Karren

Jodi
03-24-2007, 07:14 PM
I have been told by people that have recognized me, that the dead giveaway is always the voice and mannerisms, not the look.

Jodi

trannie T
03-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm still hidden in the closet, when I go out it is in the city not in my little town {except at Halloween.} I'll get found out someday, but I'm comfortable with my crossdressing and it should be no big deal.