PDA

View Full Version : Trousers FtM question

Xaff
03-24-2007, 04:16 PM
I was just reading all the new post on the board. And I saw Pocoyo had bought a bunch of new clothes. (Nice ones, espacely the red/grey shurt) It also made me think about something.

Do the FtM on this board buy men or woman trousers. I mean....eh...if I go shopping (for trousers) then the most cool ones. The mens. They don't fit, becose of my female figure. Anyone a solution? (I think I am not the only one with that problem)

Morgan,

Adam
03-24-2007, 04:24 PM
i always buy mens they fit right if i get the short leg ones :D

Dasein9
03-24-2007, 04:40 PM
I buy men's pants, and it was a bit of an adjustment to get used to wearing them lower on the hips. They do also tend to bunch, since I have a waist. My thighs are also not exactly small, so I buy the relaxed fit kind. It was a matter of trying on lots of pants until I found some that were cut in a way that works for me.

Question Mark
03-24-2007, 05:47 PM
I buy men's pants, or rather boy's, being too small to fit the smallest of men's pants. Women's pants, even loose, are too recognizable to the average bystander.

Dasein9
03-24-2007, 05:50 PM
In fact, when I teach, I'm known as female. A Catholic university. So, to keep from presenting too masculine, I do wear drag. Usually, a pair of women's pants will help me pass just enough, even if I'm wearing a boy's shirt and men's blazer.

pocoyo
03-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I have a selection of clothing... keeps everyone happy lol ;)
Also because I'm a bit of a mtf I think it's fine for me to have a variety of clothing hehe.

I do love mens trousers (or even trousers that look more male) though, and own mens trousers and girl trousers.

It really irritates me wearing girly trousers, especially when it's just because someone else wants me to....

Wow.. if this post were speech it would be slurred.... I'm so headachey lol! Sorry it doesn't make much sense :p

bi_weird
03-24-2007, 07:26 PM
I've got mostly girls pants, but yuck. I got a pair of guys pants recently and they fit fine. I got a looser cut, don't remember which, which helped hide the figure. And yeah you've gotta wear 'em really low to actually get them to hang right. Mine are a little big, but they hang about as low as a pair of typical low rise girls pants.

pocoyo
03-24-2007, 07:59 PM
I was just reading all the new post on the board. And I saw Pocoyo had bought a bunch of new clothes. (Nice ones, espacely the red/grey shurt) It also made me think about something.

Do the FtM on this board buy men or woman trousers. I mean....eh...if I go shopping (for trousers) then the most cool ones. The mens. They don't fit, becose of my female figure. Anyone a solution? (I think I am not the only one with that problem)

Morgan,

Oops sorry I just realised I didn't answer this properly!
I'm sorry Morgan.

And thank you very much for saying you like my clothes :hugs:

Yes... like someone else said.. boys trousers could be the answer.

Or just look for mens with the same waist and inner leg measurements as you.
That's what I did.. and tadaaa they fit right lol!

If you are worried about female curves tho.. then take "waist" measurement.. as meaning across the widest, lower part of your hips (cos most females' hips are a bit wider than their actual waist)... make sense?

:D

xx

CaptLex
03-24-2007, 08:05 PM
I have both women's pants (trousers) and men's pants. As I find more and more men's pants that fit me (I've got short legs), I've been using the women's pants less and less and hope to eventually be able to use only men's pants. As others have said, you may have to search for a while to find men's pants that fit you - look at different cuts and try the "relaxed" styles.

Xaff
03-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks. Actualy the trousers I have are not realy men/woman, there a type of 'skaters' clothing. (So it's wide) It also helpes so you don't see my female figure. I also think you guys gave me allot of tips for buying nice/good trousers. I saw a realy nice ones last week. I will try your advice on finding one that fits. Thanks a lot. :happy:

You made my day happy again,
Morgan.

Dasein9
03-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Advice I got from a gay friend, and almost always follow to my benefit:

AVOID PLEATS!

Unless the pants are part of a suit, and altered to fit your body specifically, they can be awful.

Tristan
03-25-2007, 10:46 AM
I lack curves so I've always worn guy jeans cuz they hang right for me. But they are always too long... I need a good tailor... cuz I'm hopeless with a sewing machine

Dasein9
03-25-2007, 11:06 AM
The Gap online store goes down to 29", if that helps. You can go to the store, try on a style, write down the number and then order it.

ZenFrost
03-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I wear men's trousers, even though they never fit right. Unfortunately, I've got all the right curves in all the right places... for a woman. That doesn't translate too well to men's clothing. Still, they're more comfortable than women's clothes so I wear them anyway.

Tristan
03-25-2007, 07:38 PM
The Gap online store goes down to 29", if that helps. You can go to the store, try on a style, write down the number and then order it.

I wear my jeans so low I really need like a 26 inseam..... short stubby legs but yeah once in a while I stumble cross 28 or 29 but mostly I walk off inches on 30's

Evert
03-26-2007, 02:44 AM
I wear mens trousers. I'm fat and chubby so the curves aren't really a problem. It's more a problem that my trousers are always to small for my waist. :devil:

Kieron Andrew
03-26-2007, 04:04 AM
mens.....mens.....mens! oh i did mention.....mens lol