PDA

View Full Version : Bought My First Shoes In Public

MsJordan
02-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Hey Girls, It's jordan. I went out on a shopping trip tonight and bought two pairs of shoes from payless. A top and skirt from sears and pantyhose from Marshall's. The biggest accomplishment was going in payless and finding my corect size 13 W, trying them on several pair in the store, and then deciding on two. I was not as nervous as I thought I would and it was so easy that I plan on doing it again. Shopping inpublic in drab for women's clothes get easier and easier the more I do it.

Tiffanygirl
02-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Awsome you go girl.

MsJordan
02-14-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm so proud of myself. I love my shoes and I haven't taken them off since getting home

Tiffanygirl
02-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Well send pics so I can see them.

Tracie Lynn
02-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Great job Wanna, had to laugh the first time I went shopping for shoes was at payless also I bought 1 pair then but have been back for several more it's a great place to buy shoes.

Trinity_cat
02-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Well done Jordan.

Can you get me a pair next time?....I'm chicken :D

Wendy me
02-14-2005, 11:09 PM
omg pay less bo go yes

bo go= buy one pair ......get the second pair half price.......

MsJordan
02-14-2005, 11:21 PM
http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?ItemCode=21426&ProductColor=Black&cm_ven=productfeed&cm_cat=Portal&cm_pla=Yahoo&cm_ite=037538Starlet+by+Star+Jones+TM+/

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63889&item=5363230150&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

These are the shoes I bought what do you think?

Trinity_cat
02-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Very nice choice Jordan. Now are mine in the post or what?

MsJordan
02-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Very nice choice Jordan. Now are mine in the post or what?

Hey trinity,

we can go together and get a pair of shoes...what styles do you like?

Holly
02-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Jordan,

Shhhhhhhh. If Julie York hears about this, your shoes will be history.:D :D

LindaTS
02-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Way to go Wannabe. I still don't have the courage to shop when in drab.

Tristen Cox
02-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Wow you found 13s at payless? I thought they used to sell them that big here but lately it seems to be mostly 12w that I find, although they used to carry a few that size but not a wonderful selection. Anyways good for you:)

Love
Tristen

Sharon
02-15-2005, 12:01 PM
This is great. You girls have more nerve than I've been able to muster up yet. I've been able to do my shopping, but haven't gotten the nerve to try anything on in the store yet. Do you wear hose when you try on the shoes? I can't imagine being brave enough to expose a stocking clad foot in a store.
Again -- I'm so envious of all of your bravery and confidence.

nikky
02-15-2005, 06:45 PM
those are so cute... i have only once purchased shoes in public...it was for halloween and my sister and i went into walmart. i hadnt planned on buying them cuz i didnt think they had my size but i found the cutest pair of strappy 3 inch heels. anyway..go girl :)

stefanie
02-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Congrats Jordan... certainly a huge step. Seems like you had much fun also!!

Some thoughts on your next venture:
Not sure where you are at...but, I shop for shoes at DSW (Discount shoe Warehouse) in the US. They have great name brand shoes in many sizes and occasionally up to 13. This time of the year, depending on your interest, they carry many of the spring and summer shoes...really strappy, nice high heels, and really sexy! Can't beat that. Some of the department stores clearance racks are also pretty good. I remember a sales person helping me once (she was gg), I was in my male dress and she didn't seem to mind helping me...I just couldn't pass up a good sale

MsJordan
02-16-2005, 12:11 AM
I didn't have on hose when I tried on the shoes. I just took the little sanitary sock they have available and tried them on standing up. It was great and no one even bothered me. DSW seems like a great place, I'lll definitely have to check out next time I'm in Atlanta or Charlotte.