PDA

View Full Version : Getting Nails done

noname
03-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Today I got a peticure like I usually do from time to time. It's uneventful, and usually no one says a word to me and I'm treated like any other customer. Today was different though...

I'm getting my peticure and I was getting blue and gold. The lady next to me says, 'Oh, are those your school colors?' No, I reply, I've been out of school for a while, why do you ask? ( but hey, I love compliments like that ) She said something something something, guy. I'm sorry, I can't hear. She got kinda quirky and uncomfortable and said, I'm sorry, I'm in a weird mood, I should have said anything to you. I could tell she genuily (sp?) felt bad and said, no, it's ok, I just like color. She replied with, Well, the world would be a boring place without color.

After it was done, she commented how good it looked, so did the gals that worked there. I asked my wife if they were just trying to be polite. She said she doubted it, and that the gal next to be will probably get something like that next time.

I don't feel I was attacked in anyway, I think the gal was just curious and chatty. Even though we may be critical and on the defense when people say stuff to us, it is nice not to be on everyones ignore list.

uknowhoo
03-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Not having been there it's a lil tough to get a feel for how the conversation unfolded, but... it seems to me that perhaps the lady in the chair next to you was trying to be friendly, breaking the ice a lil y'know, but then was put on the defensive by your "why do you ask?" response. I'd expect if you had responded with something like "no, I just enjoy keeping my toes done and thought the blue and gold would be a pretty combination" or some such, that the awkwardness may have been avoided.

Joanie
03-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Noname,

I love your little signature saying there...."Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked that their husbands would do the same!"

Absolutely brilliant. Reminds me of yesterday, after being dressed in femme in the house, I changed back to my regular weekend male attire for a neighborhood walk. My eyes encountered numerous females out and about with pants on. I thought to myself..."Fifty years ago, this would have been considered a neighborhood of hard core crossdressers!"

noname
03-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Noname,

I love your little signature saying there...."Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked that their husbands would do the same!"

Absolutely brilliant. Reminds me of yesterday, after being dressed in femme in the house, I changed back to my regular weekend male attire for a neighborhood walk. My eyes encountered numerous females out and about with pants on. I thought to myself..."Fifty years ago, this would have been considered a neighborhood of hard core crossdressers!"

Thanks :happy: I like it to. It is a combination of truth and humor.

You are correct about 50 years ago. I had heard about women in conservative part of the country being arrested in the early 70's for wearing pants. Unfortunately not all women feel the same rights they exercise need to be extended to men.

I don't try to pass or see myself as a girl, but more of a guy who feels entitled to the same rights women have. I fully intend to exercise my rights, I will not give up and contintue to fight for my rights.

Joy Carter
03-25-2007, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=noname;799330]Thanks :happy: I like it to. It is a combination of truth and humor.

You are correct about 50 years ago. I had heard about women in conservative part of the country being arrested in the early 70's for wearing pants.

WHAT??? That is ridiculous. Women have been in pants that I know of since the forties. And probably before that.:rolleyes:

DanaJ
03-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Reminds me of yesterday, after being dressed in femme in the house, I changed back to my regular weekend male attire for a neighborhood walk. My eyes encountered numerous females out and about with pants on.
Yes, but were they wearing men's pants? I don't get where members here think that pants are strictly men's clothes. They haven't been as long as I have been alive anyway.....

Joanie
03-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes, but were they wearing men's pants? I don't get where members here think that pants are strictly men's clothes. They haven't been as long as I have been alive anyway.....

I think to go back a number of years, let's say one hundred years which was a few years after Queen Victoria died, women did not wear pants at all, so all pants, by virtue of that fact, were considered men's clothing. I think women first began using them for horseback riding (previously done side saddle) and, later, for everyday wear. Of course, they can have a decidely feminine look and cut to them. To the untrained eye, blue jeans are blue jeans whether on men or women and those were DEFINITELY mens wear from the California gold rush era. I can recall a great aunt of mine in the sixties thinking it was hilariously funny when a female cousin of mine would wear jeans and a t-shirt as a teenager. No one laughs now, shows how attitudes change.

Carin's Wife GG
03-25-2007, 09:08 PM
we enjoy the time together.

Louise.

Rachel Morley
03-25-2007, 09:16 PM
I was a out en femme on Saturday night at a CDing social and one of the sisters I was talking to said: "...you know why women got to wear pants don't you? I said no, why? ... she says because of WW2. Before then it was frowned upon for women to wear pants. They only wore dresses and skirts. Makes you think doesn't it?

marie354
03-26-2007, 01:15 AM
My SO asked me a while ago if I wanted to get my nails done with her next week. Of course I said yes...
I had asked her about both of us having them done and she always said no.

She brought it up out of the blue. I've been in "Sam" mode for a while and we were discussing a movie that we watched earlier and she asks me... Boom! In mid conversation... "Do you want to get our (meaning both of us) nails done next week?"
She said that she never said that she didn't want to get them done, but just wasn't in the mood. I guess I don't read between the lines enough at times.

Anyway... I'm sure it's gonna be fun.

JoAnnDallas
03-26-2007, 10:13 AM
I get a pedicure and toe nail polish once a month. I have never had any negitive reaction from any GG in the nail salon. In fact I always get at least one good comment each time I go. This last time, the GG sitting next to me not only commented on how great the color looked on my toes, but asked if she could borrow the polish for her toes.

Krystal Lee
03-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I have never gotten a pedicure but last thursday I got a hair cut, shampoo and a manicure.

The little girl taking care of me is a student at the beauty school (where I have gone for many years) and she tried to talk me into a pedicure. I declined at the time because I was wearing stockings and my toe nails were already a bright red.

Sometime I will try the pedicure thing but not when they are already painted.
As it is a school the clientel(sp?) is diverse but am not sure how my painted toe nails would go over!

Hugs Krystal.:D

JoAnnDallas
03-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Krystal Lee......they don't care if your toes are already painted or not. When I go in for my monthly stuff, my toes are already painted from last month. Don't let that worry you at all. She will see this in a real salon, so seeing it in the school is just part of the trade. I bet she has already seen a guy with painted toes already.