PDA

View Full Version : Poolside Holiday

Eric/a
03-25-2007, 06:25 AM
I thought of this one after seeing a lot of the spring break pics you'd expect this time of the year! Most of us have probably wished for a long time that they made two-piece bikinis for guys. Now that somebody has - sort of! - I wonder what kind of high heels we'd wear with it, if we wanted to feel like the girls we've seen in the beauty pageants.

For our purposes, let's just say you're house-sitting for some friends who are going to be away for two or three weeks in Europe, Hawaii or wherever, and you've got the place to yourself, with a pool and jacuzzi in the back, the whole bit. It's just you there, so you can enjoy your other self with no hassles or worries about passing. Which of these styles, if any, do you think you'd wear with that bikini, lounging/chilling by the pool? I picked these because they look like they match the swimsuit best, and they're all made in the larger sizes. I know, if you're going in the water, the first one's easiest to slip right off, but if you've got all day, who cares about a few secs to unfasten the ankle straps on the others? Besides, you probably want to sashay around the pool deck a few times, listen to your heels, look down at your nails if you're wearing either of the first two, swish your hips, and watch your reflection in the sliding glass doors, if there are any. Or maybe that's all just me!

Come to think of it, if these friends are REALLY rich, they've probably got a garden with a brick walkway or something back there too, so I guess this would also be the perfect outfit for a morning stroll or watering the plants and flowers. Then, after all that "hard work," there's the pool! Anyway, you get the idea! With all that time, you'd have plenty of chances to try them all, so the real question is which one would you start with? All I know is, I can't think of a more fun way to break in a new high heel collection!

(Revised picture posted.)

Angie G
03-25-2007, 07:21 AM
I'd go with #3 I just don't care for platforms :hugs:
ANgie

jasmine57
03-25-2007, 07:43 AM
I agree with Angie. Go with #3. I may have to get them myself.
:love:
Jasmine

Eric/a
03-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Sorry folks! Because of the print pattern of the material and the small size of the swimsuit pic, I didn't notice the one thing that made it objectionable! My bad! I made the new pic about half the size of the first.

For anyone who didn't see it, it was a red and black two-piece swimsuit for guys, which is why I picked those shoe colors. Looks like we've got more takers for pumps than platforms so far! There were about a hundred other pumps, mules, etc., I thought would go with it, but that would take way too much space!

Lovely Rita
03-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I pick number 2

gorgeous shoe!

GINA-CD
03-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Number 2 is the way to go! Number 1 is also beautiful but I rather use one with ankle straps. Number 3 is more for night events I'd say...

MsEva
03-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Let me be the first to suggest number 1. I think sometimes less is more. Go with the most simple look, if you can call five inch platforms simple.:heehee:

suzy
03-26-2007, 11:57 AM
#3 for me!!! I am not fond of platforms and #3 is sooo hot and sexy....would work for me!:D

Eric/a
03-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Let me be the first to suggest number 1. I think sometimes less is more. Go with the most simple look, if you can call five inch platforms simple.:heehee:

Thank you, MsEva, ya made my day! :D I guess in my hurry to put that pic together, I should've taken better care than to "rank" 'em by my own taste! I'm just sad that style is only offered in black and white, because it would be so nice to have them in red, fuschia, light pink, brown, tan, navy blue, etc.

On the catalog website where they came from, they're all actually on the 6" heel page. I'm surprised platforms aren't more popular both among TVs/CDs and GGs, because the 2" or so in front really makes a 6" heel no worse than walking in 4" ones - sort of like getting to show off 2" more heel for free, as I like to think of it!

cocopuff's girl GG
03-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Number 1 because 3 looks like it would not wear good. Little or no support. 1 or 2 is my pick cause of the support just be careful cause you can turn your ankle over quick with a shoe like that. Just be steady and strut your stuff. Work it, :love:

danielle_from_cal
03-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh my! Number 3 for sure. Dreamy!