PDA

View Full Version : Moments of joy!

pocoyo
03-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Ok to balance out my depressing "ever been in danger?" thread...

I was wondering if you had experienced moments of joy due to your trans nature?

For example "Wow.. I am SO lucky to have this chance to explore myself where others go through life with their eyes and minds closed!"

Or someone truly accepting you for all and everything you are, despite your differences, which makes you feel all happy and glad?

Or perhaps you know that you are a better, stronger person for experiencing this...

CaptLex
03-25-2007, 10:09 AM
How about all of the above? It's always nice to find someone who really sees me and accepts me as I am, instead of all the people who say they believe me but just seem to be humoring me 'cause they have a hard time treating me like a transguy. Unfortunately, there aren't as many of the former, but maybe that's why it's so great to find. :happy:

Adam
03-25-2007, 11:04 AM
My joy is finding out what great family i have yeah i already new i had but the fact that mum dad and all rest of the family are behind me is great what a lucky git i am :D

i have gained great freinds thu the trans cummunity and its opened up my mind that we are all diffrent i think its made me a better person for it too i mean if i was not trans would i even no about how we all are very diffrent :D

hope that makes sence

bi_weird
03-25-2007, 11:53 AM
How 'bout every time I put on a tie or boxers?

No but more seriously, my happiest trans moments have been here, when you guys come out and it goes well. I seriously want to run around the house and be like "DUDE dude dude my online friend came out to his mother/father/sister/brother/friend/etc and they were cool about it!"
Also those moments where I look in the mirror and see a person I can accept, and feel content.

Dasein9
03-25-2007, 11:57 AM
And we like the brownies! :D

Tristan
03-25-2007, 12:07 PM
We love the brownies! Yay bi's a great baker.

Actually the coming out to my mom was hard but I'm putting it in the joy column cuz now I do feel free to continue on my path towards hormones and legal name change and etc. It felt wrong before like decietful not letting her know. She may not be on board with it but I've told her what I'm doing so I feel so much more free to be me. I have to remember to ask in group this week wheres a good ts friendly hair place cuz I totally want to get a great haircut. I'm soooooooo excited I'm going to be a man finally. It'll take time but fmb I'm taking the road to get there!!!! Mom was the person I was most scared to tell so it feels like it may not be easy here on out but it's one big hurdle cleared. *really needs sleep tonight so he can stop babbling so much*

:dance: :GD: :Party2:

Question Mark
03-25-2007, 12:07 PM
I think the most awesome moments have been those when people who become acquaintances or friends have automatically assumed I was male. Though, other people referring to me as "she" at those times is kinda annoying.

John
03-25-2007, 01:25 PM
I was sorting out my laundry from the pile today (I've not been home for long enough to acumilate enough clothes to put them in the laundry since christmas) and for the first time the confusion was not 'are these my nickers or my mothers' but 'are these boxers mine or [my brothers]' :heehee:

Didn't really think about it at the time, but I sudenly found myself grining about it while peeling vergables later :D

Sally24
03-25-2007, 02:38 PM
When I first made friends in the T-girl community it was like discovering friendship for the first time. I cried while I wrote a letter to them online thanking them for a wonderful weekend! I had never imagined having friends that had that much in common with me.

Also, I have been getting better at my presentation all this year so have dared to venture out in really feminine outfits. When I dressed in my blue sequined cocktail dress in December, I felt pretty for the first time. That was a feeling that I thought I'd never experience!

And off and on I will just feel so thankful for my wonderful wife. She unexpectedly will do or say something for me and make everything better. I know I am very lucky to have found her, and she me for that matter. We'll never be a boring old couple!

Thanks for this thread Poco!

love,

Sally

MJ
03-25-2007, 03:21 PM
coming out to family is always hard, not knowing how they are going to react
you can imagine my joy when my older sister who raised me was so accepting, and to this day is still a wonderful sister and she talks to me as sisters that is priceless and my family back in england who also accept me,
and my one job were when i told my boss said " fine then i well treat you just like all the girls " if you knew my boss oh my. and work mates who treat me just like one of the girls , and then there is church everyone there accepts me as i am , my moments of joy it's not all good but these are the things that pull me through...
thanks poc good thread

pocoyo
03-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Awwww :D

Well fmbs I'm glad I started this thread... some smile inspiring stories here for sure!!

Just got in from work and it was great to read these little happy stories :D

:bighug:

John
03-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Met one of my friends in town today, and toled her about being trans. She just said "ah, ok". Then five minuits later she said "J***, hold my bags for a few minuits", when I didn't take them she said "come on, be a gentleman!"

Such a chanser...

Lisa Golightly
03-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Being part of this community has enabled me to meet some of the most beautiful souls one could possibly wish to meet... I know, oddly, some people think me unapproachable but in truth I'm just a big ball of fluff... awwwwww... I love you guys :)

kerrianna
03-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I was wondering if you had experienced moments of joy due to your trans nature?

For example "Wow.. I am SO lucky to have this chance to explore myself where others go through life with their eyes and minds closed!"
Yus, exactly! :hugs:

Or someone truly accepting you for all and everything you are, despite your differences, which makes you feel all happy and glad?
And that. Especially Carol. :hugs: :hugs:

Or perhaps you know that you are a better, stronger person for experiencing this...

Absolutely! I am happy more often than not to be TG and to be able to explore and live it to some extent. It has helped me get through some very difficult times. It has allowed me to love and allow myself to be loved in a much more free and honest way.

And it has allowed me to meet some of the most wonderful people I have ever met in my life.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
:happy:

CaptLex
03-26-2007, 03:53 PM
I know, oddly, some people think me unapproachable but in truth I'm just a big ball of fluff...
You mean like these . . . ? :eek:

kerrianna
03-26-2007, 03:58 PM
You mean like these . . . ? :eek:

:lol: :lol2: :roflmao: OMG I just about killed myself laughing. You're so wicked Captain. :heehee:

Better watch it - us girls will trouble your ship like tribbles too! :devil:

pocoyo
03-26-2007, 05:15 PM
John, dude! That's well cool that after like 5 minutes she was asking you to be a gentleman :^5: Well done for telling her!

Lisa, awww :happy: Wadda sweety.

Kez... that's so lovely! Awww. I'm glad this TG business has lots of positives for you.

Hehe Cap! Yay Tribbles!

Kerrianna again...why is Cap wicked? Tribbles rule!

Cute appearance? Soothing purring? Endearing? Sounds good to me!

:D

Eeek girls "troubling the ship"! :heehee:

Lisa Golightly
03-26-2007, 05:30 PM
That's me Tribble Golightly :)

John
03-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Eeek girls "troubling the ship"! :heehee:

Now where did I leave that camra... :D

And yes, my friend is cool. I'd be prepaired to bet that the only thing that she thought when I told her was 'I wonder if J*** will ever stop geting strainger'.