PDA

View Full Version : Doobie Sisters in Milwaukee

Stephanie Kay
03-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi, Girls,

The Doobie Sisters hadn't been together for several months so Rexy (Ho Doobie) set up a wonderful outing to downtown Milwaukee for all of us this weekend. We stayed at the downtown Hyatt where we were welcomed enthusiastically by the hotel concierge, Christine, who helped with dinner reservations and cabs, etc. She was very respectful as well as helpful! We went to dinner at the Pieces of Eight Restaurant on the lakefront near the beautiful Milwaukee Museum of Art. Then we took a cab to Caroline's, an intimate jazz venue, where we "swing and swayed" the night away listening to the superb local Paul Spencer Band! All of the Doobie Sisters were lovely (see below). We were joined by Shannon(shannonsilk here at the Forum), a newbie CDer from Kenosha, WI.

BTW, we had great fun on our way to dinner. There was a Professional Bull Riding competition at the arena across from the hotel. When we got on the elevator going down 16 floors to catch a cab two young cowboys (cowboy hats, boots, & all) were surrounded by the beautiful and gracious Doobies. They were kinda cute (and looked nervous!) so we struck up a conversation. Yes, they were on their way to compete at the arena and they asked us "lovely ladies" where we were off to for the evening. We told them we were going to dinner and a jazz show but we had thought about coming over to the arena to watch the bull riding but hadn't brought the appropriate outfits!! Too bad! We wished each other good luck and went our separate ways. They were very polite young men and won't they have a story to tell their cowboy friends about that elevator ride at the Milwaukee Hyatt!!!

Love to you all from all of us,

Stephanie (Granma Doobie), KellyAnn (Rum Bunny Doobie), Beth (Perky Doobie), & Rexy (Ho Doobie)

TxKimberly
03-25-2007, 02:41 PM
. . .others to accept us. Your goup interacted with the cowboys, broke the tension, and didn't make a huge deal out of it. The more that "normal" people interact with us in this sort of setting, the better we will all have it in the future. Way to go!
Kim

Lovely Rita
03-26-2007, 09:42 AM
You ladies look like you had a wonderful time. So nice to hear about your adventure. Great pics!

rexy
03-27-2007, 05:28 PM
YES DEAR STEPHANIE IS WAS A GREAT WEEKEND IN THE CITY OF MILWAUKEE. HEY ALL YOU OTHER GIRLS THE DOOBIE SISTERS ARE THINKING OF HAVING ANOTHER WEEKEND IN MILWAUKEE IN APRIL . IF ANY OF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COMING ALONG LET ONE OF US KNOW ? I LOVE MY DOOBIE SISTERS :love: REXY

Tess Myers
03-27-2007, 06:14 PM
You girls look so cute!

:hugs:
Tess

Tiffany Tuesday
03-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Hiya girls,

i love the name the Doobie Sisters ... Dark Eyed Cajun Women mmm ... South City Midnight Ladies oo-er ... or even, eeek Long Tranny Running from all those eager redneck cowboys you've charmed :)

I may never ever make a night out with you lovely ladies, but please do me one tiny favour, next girls night out ... take a group piccie of your tushes ... yes your TUSHES .. coz i soo wanna see a piccie of the The Rears That Made Milwaukee Fabulous!

Luvnhugz x

Trisha
03-27-2007, 11:21 PM
sounds like you all had fun again sorry i did not here of the get together as i miss you girls so much and always think of you all ways cant wait to see you all again love trisha :D