PDA

View Full Version : Stretching my boundaries

Bobbie cd
03-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi all,

First off, thanks to all you wonderful people for the support and encouragement over the last few months. It has really helped me find a sense of balance and self-acceptance with all this.

Today was a fairly eventful day for me. It marks the first time that I have been out during the day dressed "enfemme" and actually gone into a public place and interacted with other people. :D

The reason for this step forward is actually quite significant. As many of you know, I often shop at a local thrift store. It turns out that one of the S.A.'s at the store has a partner who is TS. She had noticed that I was often in there buying women's clothing and asked me recently if I was a member of the local TransGenderAssociation.
I was rather flustered, first feeling "Busted" :eek: , then bemused, "There is such a group?". I kind of fumbled the response, and left feeling a bit embarrassed.
Fortunately, I was able to bolster my courage a bit later and returned to ask her about it. That led eventually to my receiving a link to the groups' web site where I requested membership. Yesterday the group moderator replied to my request asking for a face-to-face meeting to "screen" me for acceptance to the group. We arranged to meet at a local coffee shop that is TGLB friendly. At first, I had planned to meet them while dressed in drab, but realized what an opportunity this presented, and so changed my mind, (and my clothes!).

Thus, my first foray into a public business during daylight hours while dressed "casual femme". I was more than a bit nervous, but am glad to say that the meeting went very well. The result is that I have been invited to the next group meeting this week.
I'll post more about this after I see how things go at the meeting.

Between this bit of good news and the "cat-call" of admiration I got from the two guys outside the bank ATM machine last night while wearing my slinky black knit dress, It's been a pretty good weekend! :D

Carin's Wife GG
03-25-2007, 09:15 PM
way cool as my teens would say!

Louise. (GG)

Mitzi
03-26-2007, 01:29 AM
You go gurl!!!

When I first started reading your post, I thought you'd gone to the thrift en femme and wondered why you were flustered.

Really happy for you...

Mitzi

Kristen Kelly
03-26-2007, 03:50 AM
Great for you, sometimes accidental events are the fate that shape our lives more than anything.

Suzie S.
03-26-2007, 03:55 AM
I'm very happy for you Bobbie! That's a giant step you've overcome, and you did well! Congrats to you!!! :D