PDA

View Full Version : Stages of Cross dressing, Still a teenager at heart

Lovely Rita
03-26-2007, 12:41 PM
I have been looking at the many beautiful styles of dress that woman of different ages have. It is so beautiful to see all the wonderful different ways woman dress.
Some woman go through different periods and dress accordingly, my opinion and not scientific. You see the girls dressed in hot and flirty kinds of minis, tight jeans, stillettos.
Then you see the more conservative and mature styles, and all have a beauty of their own.

I am still stuck in the teenager mode. I love the hot and sexy stuff. I am not sure if I will ever grow out of it.

I am still into the FUN!!!!

Maybe someday down the road I will give up the 5" pumps and the tight skirts but I am not ready just yet. Having too much FUN, and my SO said she loves me in them.:D :thumbsup:

CathyLee
03-26-2007, 12:46 PM
You are so [B]LUCKY[B] to have a spouse that cares and enjoys you as you are. mine hates it.

Karren H
03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
You young girls are lucky... You are so youthful that you can pull off the teenage look.. Who'd believe a 55 year old teenager anyway?? Hehe

Do geriatric shoes and support stockings go with a cheerleader outfit??

:tongueout

Karren

Shelly Preston
03-26-2007, 02:01 PM
I am still stuck in the teenager mode. I love the hot and sexy stuff.

Hi Rita

I know you may not think so but your secretary pics are hot and sexy

Without being the outfit of a teenager

Dana Carlton
03-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Up until about 5 years ago, I dressed the sassy naughty sexy look 80% of the time. The shorter the skirt the better. But as i get older, I really do now enjoy the different styles that women have. I still like a mini skirt and tight blouse, but lately I have been into longer skirts, pants and even jeans. I like to think I have graduated to the classy sexy look and a more natural look.

SherriePall
03-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Rita -- I know what it's like. A couple of years ago I went into an upscale local women's clothing store and was looking around at some clothes when an older SA approached me and asked what I wanted. I told her I was looking for an outfit and she sternly told me that I was looking in the Juniors.
Well, can I help it if I like those styles? I guess if I didn't want to really blend in I would dress more like a teenager than the grandmother I guess I really am.
I guess I miss my younger days too much. Especially, since I didn't get to fully dress and go out back then.

Syuviel
03-26-2007, 04:53 PM
hey... im only 18 and i like some of the more "mature" styles.
...okay so i do love miniskirts on occasion, but i prefer a longer flowing, more elegant look.

Ruth
03-26-2007, 05:01 PM
It's an interesting thought - I realised when I started dressing that I wanted to dress my age, mostly I think to express the woman I would have been if I'd been a woman - if you see what I mean. So I'm into conservative middle-aged women's clothes. I still want to look totally feminine, but I'm not going to try to imitate a teenage girl or a glamour model.

shoegirl
03-26-2007, 05:18 PM
I totally aggree with you Rita, no woman has any many corsets, as high heels or as many fishnet stockings as I do, its still about about that fun stuff for me, maybe someday I will grow out of it.

cindychan
03-26-2007, 06:53 PM
More like an 80's teenager for me. Today's teens reveal way to much that I can't hide:tongueout

Carin
03-27-2007, 02:42 AM
My years of crossdressing have been like the mall coin spiral. You know the one where you roll a coin down the slot and it rools around and around faster and faster, eventually finding its center and falling in.

I believe we all (not just the TG community) have a natural center of comfort and contentment with ourselves. It is just not at all obvious - or culturally acceptable sometimes. The walls of the spiral are covered with bumps and potmarks - for CDrs we have our own fears - real and imaginary, the fears of those we wish to have relationships with, the community culture, ec.... Then there is the lack of sense of style - genetic or just lack of practice. Erotic fantasy will also move that center one way or another. But eventually, given the chance, we will find our center.

I went through the teen phase at the beginning. Rainbownine didn't care for that too much, so she helped push me through that.

Carin

noname
03-27-2007, 03:12 AM
You can dress fun and flirty, but remember, sometimes less is more.

DawnL
03-27-2007, 03:20 AM
boo hoo!!! I wish I had come to grips with this years ago when, possibly, I might have gotten away with that hot teen look. lol I just like to wear what I think someone my age, or at least close, would wear everyday.

Peka TG
03-27-2007, 05:19 AM
I still go for that teenage look when I go out Clubbing.:devil: but on the weekend's I've been going for the hippie Boho look. Long skirts,flipflops, bell sleeve tops....

:love:
Peka

Deanna2
03-27-2007, 05:30 AM
Hey! The whole thing is a fantasy anyway. Dress as you want to. I love being a teenager even though I passed nineteen some time well before the turn of the century.

Kate Simmons
03-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Sounds cool Rita. If you would be able to make it to Rainbow Mountain (where I hang out) for CD/TG weekend, we could have a little "sweet 16" party for you. It would be neat. Either way, enjoy your look. We are are only "young" once, ya know.:hugs: ;) Love ya, Sal

kay2
03-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Good thread idea Rita!

I think my tastes are inspired by college girls from the early 70's (guess my age:)). Denim minis, black tights, peasant skirts, flat sandals, boots, t-shirts, turtlenecks. Of course, I shun the braless trend of that era.:heehee: I sometimes wonder if some of us dress young because we never got the chance to get it out of our system when we were young. Actually, I think I just never grew up!

veronicagurl85
03-27-2007, 01:20 PM
I know how you feel sis. Even though I'm still young. (21) I still like the more conservative look like print flirty skirts and I do love skirt suits. But I also enjoy denim minis and cute tops and everything. Crossdressing is just so fun and great hehe.

Love
Vero

emmicd
03-27-2007, 11:51 PM
I like wearing pretty clothes like dresses for spring with flower patterns and skirts with tartan plaid.

emmi

Niki 4U2 Nite
03-28-2007, 12:27 AM
not one single thingy I wouldn't want to borrow from your closets darlins'-and you're certainly welcome to -- well about 95% of mine,,,some outfits are patent pending!!

My advice is-- you try to dress your age when you go out. But remember, no real girl is more than 30---- what????
But when home, vacuuming, let some Jerry Springer **** try to outdo me!!!

Kiss and Diss--
Luvya all Niki :doll:

RobertaFermina
03-28-2007, 01:33 AM
So there I was at Ross today, with a jeans skirt and a pair of low-rixe jeans in my shopping cart.

Then the words "age-appropriate" started ringing in my head. I fought it, and then I realized they were the two most expensive pieces in the cart. Back on the racks they went.

When I am less $$-sensitive, they're mine !

I'm gathering courage to work my way from women's wear to a few junior misses styles: "Cause I'm Slim Enough, I'm Naughty Enough, and Doggone it, I Like Me !"

I looked over a bunch of LBD's too! Just haven't found Miss Right yet!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

crusadergirl
03-28-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm still in too the teenage look my self and i'm 26 but i look about 16 or 17 so i can still pull it off. But i'm starting to look at other stuff as well, i just still feel pretty young. I say go for what you like, now is as good of time as any.

kerrianna
03-28-2007, 01:53 AM
LOL, I think it's called arrested development, and I too suffer from it.

So sue me. :tongueout

:happy:

Lovely Rita
03-28-2007, 09:37 AM
LOL, I think it's called arrested development, and I too suffer from it.

So sue me. :tongueout

:happy:

Well when it comes to dressing age appropriate, I believe, my development has not only been arrested but is probably doing life in some maximum security compartment in my head.

SOME GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!!!!

cd_luvr_2004
03-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Go right ahead!
Stay young and sexy looking as long as you can!
My bet is that the young guys and gals that see you get a thrill by seeing that youth is something that comes from the inside out!

Those of us who choose to ignore the clock and the calendar are not really living in never land... It is more a case of living in forever land!:D

Stormgirl
03-30-2007, 03:14 PM
I am the same way.

Eva Diva
03-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Every so often there's an article in the papers or a TV bit about "baby boomers won't grow up". That's just the Puritan thing - they lay awake worrying that someone, somewhere is having fun. Don't let them beat you down. when I went to college late in life, I partied harder than any of the kids. And now that I'm CDing, it's totally mini-skirts - the shorter the better - and heels. My inner tramp needs to come out! :D

Sheri 4242
03-30-2007, 08:14 PM
I am still stuck in the teenager mode. I love the hot and sexy stuff. I am not sure if I will ever grow out of it.

Maybe someday down the road I will give up the 5" pumps and the tight skirts but I am not ready just yet. Having too much FUN, and my SO said she loves me in them.:D :thumbsup:

Rita, I'm the same way -- love to shop in the juniors department -- short miniskirts, etc. It is the one thing my wife makes comment on regarding my crossdressing -- that I dress inappropriately for my age, so we have different situations on our respective homefronts. What I buy and wear are all great brands -- Byers, etc. -- but my wife thinks I should dress more in line with my age.

I have a theory on why I dress this way. Basically I think sometimes we CDs get "stuck" at a certain age, in re attire, that we didn't get to dress in at that time in our lives. In the late 60's when I was in high school, miniskirts were coming in vogue, and wow did I want to dress that way. So maybe I'm stuck in what I couldn't wear at the time (or, at least, didn't get to wear very often since I was deeply closeted).

All that said, I do see my wife's point. Just today she suggested I at least start trying to find skirts and dresses that I would like at, for example, White House/Black Market. They do have some great styles that are quite sexy and/or elegant, but would be more age appropriate.

Another brand I'm going to look into is DonCaster. My wife just started selling for them and it seems they have some really elegant styles that would look great and be more in line with my age. So, maybe it is time to start changing -- but I can tell you this much, there are a few outfits that I'm keeping for now -- especially a great miniskirt I just got from J Crew.

danielle_from_cal
03-30-2007, 09:06 PM
I love to wear really hot fashions too. But I would never go out in public or post a photo (on this site) dressed like (what my mother would call) a ****. In public, for some reason I guess comes from my upbringing, I dress like a "lady". In private, I can look like a two-bit hooker!

Part of the reason I dress conservatively in public is because I really want society to understand us. Most people seem to be waiting to chastise anyone who is different. If they saw me dressed like a Mardi Gras drag queen, they might be right to say "look at that weirdo", but when I look better than their wife, if they even notice that I am not really a tall woman, they might think differently.