PDA

View Full Version : I asked a friend today.....

Felix
03-26-2007, 02:27 PM
I asked a friend today 'If I wanted to be called a male name could you do it?'
She said It would be weired and what name would I choose? I said my favorite is Felix :happy: but don't worry I'm not about to ask ya. She was like I'd probably forget to :heehee: I was just seeing what reaction I would get. It wasn't as bad as I thought but kinda what I expected xx Felix :hugs:

CaptLex
03-26-2007, 02:32 PM
And now she's probably wondering why you'd want to do that. :eek: At least it didn't freak her out. If she started to hear other people call you Felix or another male name, she'd remember to do it too.

Lisa Golightly
03-26-2007, 02:41 PM
When people first learn of your other name it kind of throws them... They know you as x and then suddenly they think of you as y... There follows a period of x>y then x<>y and eventually x<y I even had a few rogue X+y=z which usually occured in public places.

Bear with it... You'll find when people click with your identity they only think of you as that identity... :)

PS if I have the math signs wrong it's because I'm a bit rubbish :)

Felix
03-26-2007, 03:11 PM
This friend is like an in-law and she does know about me she is the only one in the whole family who I have told outside of Yachica. She has been cool about it and knows of the other names I put on here. I can talk to her about it quite openly and feel comfortable about it. I just thought on my way to work I will ask her how she would feel.

Yesterday I had told someone who I regard as a good friend that I had an aka name Felix she said cute and when I gave her my e-mail she was like yeah like it was right for me.

Thanx Lex and Lisa for your thoughts about this. xx Felix :hugs:

Dasein9
03-26-2007, 03:35 PM
A Felix, by any other name, is still a Felix, and much-loved.

Deservedly.

But a Felix should be called Felix too. :D

Evert
03-27-2007, 02:41 AM
When people first learn of your other name it kind of throws them... They know you as x and then suddenly they think of you as y... There follows a period of x>y then x<>y and eventually x<y I even had a few rogue X+y=z which usually occured in public places.

:lol:

Abraxas
03-27-2007, 04:29 AM

Bear with it... You'll find when people click with your identity they only think of you as that identity... :)

PS if I have the math signs wrong it's because I'm a bit rubbish :)

I've had a few X+Y=Z as well... This one guy could never remember to call me Benny, so called me Johnny, and then would always correct himself. I told him that was fine anyway. *shrugs* Funny thing is, his name's Ben, so he really should have remembered.
Annnnnd if the symbols are wrong, I've no idea. I failed algebra three times.

Felix
03-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanx Das! God you guys make me laugh just when I need it!! :hugs: xx Felix