PDA

View Full Version : pet peeve!!!!!!!!!

Wendi {LI NY}
03-26-2007, 10:09 PM
HI everyone,
I have belong to a group of girls in nyc. For the most time I enjoy their company ,
Here is my peeve . My Best friend is a sweetheart,but when we make plans to go out on Saturday nights . She lets other girls join us . Which I don't minded except the fact they DRESS like ****S> .:Angry3: I like to go to Straight Resturants and bars . It can be embarrassing to have a whole resturant looking at a 6ft CD with long blonde wig with skin tight dress +4in heels,if you can call it a dress It was so short that i thought it was a shirt !:o
I am not a prude,but I try to dress age and weight properly.
My problem is to tell my friend and not hurt the other s feeling ? I know one thing that I will do in the future ,is go SOLO!:rolleyes:
Well that is my pet peeve ,and it is not about passing or not ,it is dressing properly for the occasion! thanks, Wendi D

Svetlana
03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Have you ever asked, "Do you think it's appropriate for you to dress like that when we go out in public?" And if your friend says "yes," then you should say, "Well, it draws a lot of attention to us and makes me feel very uncomfortable. Could you please tone it down?"

Simple! :)

Helen in OK
03-26-2007, 10:19 PM
It appears you have left the teen age years behind, while others have not. You are right, nothing will clock us faster than being with someone dressed inappropriately and all of the group being over 6'.

You are so correct, it is nice to go to a nice non tg place and be treated with dignity and respect appropriate to the image we present. You might have to find another friend who also dresses and thinks like you. Good luck.

Helen in OK

Eva Diva
03-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Just a thought: guys leave their homes in small town America and go to NYC so that they can dress like ****s and go out on the town. It's kind of the American dream, you might say. The only problem is they you, quite reasonably, don't want to be there when they do it. So tell your friend. A friend would understand.

RobertaFermina
03-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Seriously,

I would be upset as well.

Someone in my party dressed flamboyantly (****tish) for an event where I want to be treated like a lady discourages respect for the entire party and leaves me in a constant state of embarrasment and apology, rather than celebration and enthusiasm.

Hope you find a gracious and ladylike means of improving such outings in the future.

With Sympathy,

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Kate Simmons
03-27-2007, 03:29 AM
Wendi, Going solo would be acceptable to me. That would also give you the opening for when your friend asks why. The fact is that some of us just like going out without the undue attention. Others need to know it can't always be their way. Showing consideration for others is sometimes necessary as well, that's what maturity is all about.:happy:

MsJanessa
03-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Relax---It's NYC where people expect that kind of thing and nobody really cares---besides there is no accounting for other peoples fashion sense---you simply have to decide whether you like them enough to be seen with them dressed like that or not. About a year ago a friend of mine and me were dressed and went to a local bigbox walmart store in a small town---I was dressed in girly jeans with low heels and a silky but appropriate top---she was wearing high heels with short shorts--think daisy dukes---you think we drew some attention---lol---got one group of three staring at us and smiling but that was it---I bought a pair of sunglasses and some makeup and then left with no problems.---point is I was a little uncomforatable with my friends outfit but liked her enough and had enough of my own self confidence to live with it---every thing worked out fine.

Wendi {LI NY}
03-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Relax---It's NYC where people expect that kind of thing and nobody really cares---besides there is no accounting for other peoples fashion sense---you simply have to decide whether you like them enough to be seen with them dressed like that or not. About a year ago a friend of mine and me were dressed and went to a local bigbox walmart store in a small town---I was dressed in girly jeans with low heels and a silky but appropriate top---she was wearing high heels with short shorts--think daisy dukes---you think we drew some attention---lol---got one group of three staring at us and smiling but that was it---I bought a pair of sunglasses and some makeup and then left with no problems.---point is I was a little uncomforatable with my friends outfit but liked her enough and had enough of my own self confidence to live with it---every thing worked out fine.

yes ,ms jane ,
It is nyc and yes people are use to it . but I dont like to be the butt of their snickers or laughter . I guess the problem is I am more than a fetish Crossdresser? I gradute Crossdresser 101 ,meaning blending is use more than make-up use!:Angry3: