PDA

View Full Version : If thinking about going en femme

Glenda58
03-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi gurls Glenda's back. I have been reading some threads about going out dress en femme.

Here's something that happen today while out. I went to Macy's to get some makeup remover plus they had a sale on makeup. After buying my makeup and getting some eye shadow with the help of the SA I decided to walk round to see what else they had on sale. When I got to Calvin Klein dept. I saw a jean skirt for $5:OMG: it sold reg for $70 but it said it was a size 2:sigh: and I'm a 8 but it look big for a 2. So off to the fitting room with the skirt in hand and low and behold it fit. So I got a skirt and a $60 top for $20 because I could walk in the fitting room and no one cared.

So if you want to go out go. But just remember that you are going shopping don't dress like you would to go clubbing. Wear what the GG's wear shopping and no one will even see you.

SandyR
03-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Sound advice! One of the things on my "to do list" this year is to try on stuff before I buy.

Huggss....

SandyR

Trisha
03-26-2007, 11:50 PM
thats what i do as well just dress as a gg would dress and no one will bat an eyelid :D

DAVIDA
03-27-2007, 06:24 AM
Hi Glenda! Good to see you again!
Love, Davida

erickka
03-27-2007, 06:46 AM
I too dress as a gg when I go to a goodwill, (great place for designer labels at great prices) and no one even bats an eye! :happy:

LindaTS
03-27-2007, 07:20 AM
I totally agree. When in jeans like most of the other women who hit the malls I blend right in. Skirts tend to get some looks though, especially from the guys.

kyra_harris2001
03-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Glad you are back, even tho I am new you look absolutely stunning,

Jodi
03-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi gurls Glenda's back. I have been reading some threads about going out dress en femme.

Here's something that happen today while out. I went to Macy's to get some makeup remover plus they had a sale on makeup. After buying my makeup and getting some eye shadow with the help of the SA I decided to walk round to see what else they had on sale. When I got to Calvin Klein dept. I saw a jean skirt for $5:OMG: it sold reg for $70 but it said it was a size 2:sigh: and I'm a 8 but it look big for a 2. So off to the fitting room with the skirt in hand and low and behold it fit. So I got a skirt and a $60 top for $20 because I could walk in the fitting room and no one cared.

So if you want to go out go. But just remember that you are going shopping don't dress like you would to go clubbing. Wear what the GG's wear shopping and no one will even see you.

I shop at Macys in drab and always use the fitting rooms with no problems. They don't care how you are dressed, they care how you act and that you are going to buy. Remember--All SA's at Macy's are on commission for their only pay.

Jodi

Rachel Morley
03-27-2007, 08:49 PM
I totally agree, like it or not dressing down, blending in, and acting as much as possible like all the GGs at the store/mall is the best way to go if you don't want to draw attention to yourself anymore than you have to. :happy:

kerrianna
03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi Glenda we missed you! :hugs: :love:

Good advice hon, sounds like a nice shopping day. :happy:

susie evans
03-27-2007, 11:55 PM
works for me been doing it that way for several years and had on trouble :D

susie

Laurie909
04-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Remember--All SA's at Macy's are on commission for their only pay.

This is absolutely untrue. And before you berate me again that I don't know what I'm talking about, I had dinner tonight with a SA (sales associate) for Macy's. He's been employed at Macy's for over 10 years and told be that not ALL depatments' employees are commission only.....two that he told me are not are Men's shirts and ties (and more importantly) Ladies Suits!

Just in case you doubt my word, you can send me a private message and I'll be more than happy to give you the SA's name and the phone number he can be contacted at, at Macy's.

Stephenie S
04-25-2007, 10:43 PM
But Laurie,

The concept is both true and important to remember. On commission or not, SA are dependant on you, the customer, to buy stuff. They want you to buy stuff, they depend on you to buy stuff. The more you buy, the better they like you. If you want a new friend, just start piling clothes up next to the register.

Of course you are right, many SA are not on commission. But they all want you to buy. Act and dress apropriately and you can go where you want and buy what you want, with all the assistance you could need.

Steph

Lisa X
04-25-2007, 11:37 PM
I find it hard to dress down, and definitely not as much fun. Most GGs do not wear make up and since we need to wear quite a bit of make up to look convincing, wearing sloppy T-shirt and jeans with a lot of make up does not look right. Also I can't stand to wear pants, shorts or capris, so I try to find a casual skirt and top to dress down. I do break down and wear pants if I am going to a swap meet or places like that, but it takes all of the fun out of CD.

Lisa

Fab Karen
04-26-2007, 04:35 AM
I totally agree. When in jeans like most of the other women who hit the malls I blend right in. Skirts tend to get some looks though, especially from the guys.

The guys are checking you out- even if they can tell you're not a GG, at least some of them could be thinking "I wonder what it'd be like..."
The number of straight men who are curious about us is larger than people would think.:happy:

Josephine 1941
04-26-2007, 05:29 AM
Hi Girls,

Just a small tip, I have a girl friend that we are the same size. Get one mine came home with this cute dress the other night an it fits me perfick. By the way we are between a 14 and 16. Also shoes 10 1/2. The only problem is she wears more of my stuff, we do have fun.

Josephine:

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Good for you Glenda, as for me I always try on the clothes before buying them. I do agree that it is easier when I am just wearing a top and jeans but I also agree it's not as much fun as wearing a skirt or dress. I always have to wear my heels though so thats about as close to dressing down as I can get. My only problem is that there just does not exist enough time for shopping, what can we do about that?

Emma England
04-26-2007, 11:51 AM
You should always try on before buying.

How else are you to know whether it will fit or not?

The next time you shop, you should wear that jean skirt, especially in hot weather.

rickie121x
04-26-2007, 12:13 PM
First of all, I don't ever really know what they think - I only know what I imagine they think.... But understanding that doesn't make my mind feel any better.

And as Lisa said " I find it hard to dress down, and definitely not as much fun. .... and since we need to wear quite a bit of make up to look convincing, wearing sloppy T-shirt and jeans with a lot of make up does not look right. ... I do break down and wear pants if I am going to a swap meet or places like that, but it takes all of the fun out of CD."

Further: It takes more courage that I can usually muster to do the dress and go out buying clothes thingee. I would love to do it. I want to do it. God give me the strength to do it. To feel the thrill, to feel the satisfaction, to have the sensations, as closely as I might be able, of participating in a real woman's world.

Getting older, still wanting young women's clothing, therefore being even more out of place - If am not sure if I will ever be able to do the "dressed and shopping" thing ever again. ...soooooo worried about what "they" might think!

Rickie

Mitch23
04-26-2007, 12:21 PM
must have read my mind - thats where I'm at right now - wanting to go out, knowing that it will be ok but nervous like when you're going to dive into the water for the first time! i think i know what will look ok, 3/4 length jeans and a not too revealing top with half length sleeves - probably sunglasses - will probably blend in ok but i am 6'2". wish me luck girls!

crusadergirl
04-26-2007, 12:37 PM
One thing i keep hearing is dress like what ggs wear everytime they go out. I go to the mall once a week and not many of them wear pants. many wear short skirts and there in black. Ppl keep saying ggs just wear guy clothes well at the mall where i live they dress up pretty nice. There are very few that don't were dresses are skirts. But i have no desire to go out en femme anymore so it don't matter. And no i haven't had any bad happen while en femme i just don't think its something i should be doing.

Gina_darling
04-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Good suggestions. Might I also add that going with a friend boosts confidence as well!

Laurie909
04-27-2007, 02:54 AM
One thing i keep hearing is dress like what ggs wear everytime they go out.

Well, what I saw when I went to the new Macy's store here were GGs wearing those crop pants (I think they use to call them capri pants) and flip-flops. This is an rather well-to-do section, so it's not like these folks can't afford nice clothes.

Now if this were New York City, I'm sure I'd see GGs more fashionably dressed, but in the burgs it's ultra casual.

Sally24
04-28-2007, 11:59 AM
The style of dressing for GGs that are shopping varies from place to place and mall to mall. I've seen just about every style, with the jeans and a dressy T or top being the most common.

It's just like going out to bars and clubs. Yes, most of the GGs are wearing either jeans or black skirts, but not all. I've seen girls dressed to the nines, formal wear, short, short, short, skirts and anything else you can describe. Blending does not mean that you have to disappear or be frumpy. Even when I wear jeans I have fun with the top and selecting fun, pretty jewelry. You can also wear really nice shoes with the jeans to dress up the outfit and still blend.

joann07
04-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Being observant of what GGs wear during the week is what will help you blend in when going out.
I'm always girl watching and these are some of the things that I've noticed and what a fellow CDer has pointed out.
During the week, women are at work and so they're wearing their business clothes. During their lunch hour, they may have a little extra time to do some errands or browse the local shops. After work, they may stop by the grocery store, or do a quick errand, so if you're going to go out wear something thats not too dressy, but business attire.
Saturday's is dress down and causal. You won't expect most women dressed up in their work clothes so wearing jeans, capris, sweats, shorts, casual skirt, etc. and a tee or casual top is perfectly fine.
Sunday is church day so expect to wear a nice dress or outfit.
Some GGs may not have time to go home and change so they'll just go out and do some shopping, or errands, while in their church clothes.
My .02.

Angie G
04-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Some day soon I hope:hugs:
Angie

bgirl
04-28-2007, 09:54 PM
I've never thought I passed. But I still went out this fall and did the mall, tried stuff on and went out to eat. I was made, no doubt. But it is one of my most wonderfull memories, not being made but going out. Because I was me and there was no way anybody could take that away.
At one store a young female SA refered to me as he and then smiled and said she, to the other SA who was helping me find my size. And later when I made a purchase at the outlet mall with a credit card( it says ask for ID on it) the lady looked at my male picture and then at me and smiled. I said in my meek mans voice, that picture doesn't look much like me does it. She said "That OK."
My wife was even happy for me at first. But then wondered where all this is going. We are in the silence before the next negotiations begin. Imust go out again. Pass or not ,I love it. Beth