PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing Bashing

sissystephanie
03-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Earlier this evening I was listening to the Michael Savage talk show on my car radio. Apparently there had been some discussion about crossdressing earlier. A man called the show in reference to that, and said that one of his brothers had left home for 2 years and came back for Christmas dressed as a woman. Michael Savage asked if there were young children at the house and the man said yes. Michael went ballistic, yelling, "you let a crossdressing sicko in the house with young children? Are you crazy? Your brother is a sicko would be female and should not be around young children!" He ranted on like that for several minutes. I don't think he really knows anything about crossdressers. Probably thinks we are all homosexuals!! Any thoughts from you ladies on this subject?

Sissy

More Girl than man

Tara Michele
03-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Probably thinks we are all homosexuals!! Any thoughts from you ladies on this subject?
Sissy

I took some offense at your implication ... if he WAS gay, than it not be OK to be around "young children"? We can learn a lot from how persons of same-sex orientation have struggled to become more accepted in society, and how it is generally accepted that they are not "sickos". Actually it sometimes seems that I would be more accepted if I was gay ... though I'm sure my life would be more difficult in other ways!
Tara

RobertaFermina
03-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Some people must look for boogiemen and sickos to deflect and defocus their attention, lest they do the unthinkable, and unbearable: turn their moral judgment upon themselves.

For those so afraid and afflicted, Mr. Savage provides an important service.

Listening to this stream of irritation may be an inappropriate protocol for what ails you!

:rose: Miss Recommendation :rose:

Svetlana
03-26-2007, 11:56 PM
I wonder if he can come up with an argument to back up his disapproval of crossdressing other than "It's gross!"

My guess is "no."

Alicia_lynn419
03-27-2007, 12:11 AM
That's too bad... I listen to his show occasionally. I may be a CD, but I consider myself politically/fiscally conservative (Libertarian). I enjoy conservative talk radio, but sadly, many of the players still take on the moral high and mighty attitude which turns a lot of people away. I may have to think twice before listening to him again.. Its one thing to be the subject of a little light -hearted humor, another to be called a freak and a danger to children. I have several nieces and nephews who I am very close with (last weekend I taught my 7 yr old nephew how to make hamburgers). I take great offense at any such insinuation.

Violetgray
03-27-2007, 12:20 AM
If the world had a hairline, Michael Savage would be dandruff.

trannie T
03-27-2007, 12:21 AM
We can be proud to participate in an activity that is not approved by slimeballs like Michael Savage.

Victoria Anne
03-27-2007, 12:38 AM
I am appauled by this rant and I don't know why as society fears what they do not understand and feels it encunbant upon themselves to tear us or anyone who dares stray from there limited sight of what is thier percieved right or wrong. We the few the punished and scourned.....damn proud to be amoung you,to be one of you and so I say here's to all of us TG/TS/CD//BI/GAY/LESBIAN to anyone who dares to tread upon,to live a different lifestyle, here's to us ladies....like a fine wine.
Victoria Anne

AmberTG
03-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Don't know who he is, don't care. This world will always have uneducated, loudmouth idiots, I just don't listen to them, they won't win in the end. The tide is slowly turning in our favor, that's probably what pisses people like him off the most, that they can't stop it from changing.
It's kinda like 2 cats that don't know each other, the one that makes the most noise is the one that's the most scared of the other.

noname
03-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Read more about this disgusting man here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Savage_(commentator)#Transgender_Issues

He has a book called "Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder"

Basically, this guy is a right wing nut job.

Carin's Wife GG
03-27-2007, 01:19 AM
he is an idiot, pure and simple. Pity him.

Louise. (GG)

Alice Torn
03-27-2007, 01:46 AM
I am conservative, but, obviously have cd'd. I have been listening to many talk radio shows, for, about 17 years. I learn so much more, even when it hurts, than I have learned in schooling, or on TV. I know it hurts me a bit, when singles, the working poor, losers, cd, etc, are attacked, or criticized. Some criticizm, if constructive, and with true concern, I can handle, but it sometimes hurts. Other criticizm is harsh, uncalled for. But, who ever said life was easy, or fair, or that we should be coddled. Having it tough builds character. I listen to most talk hosts a long time, before I make much judgment. I have found Savage, a very unusual, extremely intelligent, brilliant man. However, he seems to be bi-polar, and would likely admit it. I find, that he can be very tough on Christians, too. He is a free spirit, say what he thinks. He steps on toes at times. I did not hear the program,mentioned, but, have heard him attack the feminization of boys, and men. I am a bit schizophranic about this issue. I understand why a man would dress up, like a woman. But, on the other hand, I personally, would like to see girls taught how to be feminine, like, they were for ages, and let boys be boys, but, with self-control. We won World War 2, with rugged, masculine men, not effeminized men, and masculinized females. I totally agree, with most of what Savage says, but, like everyone in my church, other than me, he has a problem with some behaviors. I am sure everyone in my family would be utterly disgusted with me, if they found out. People can be friends, and strongly disagree, in some areas. I say this, to anyone who condemns Savage. Listen to him, for a week. Sometimes, I switch stations, when I don't like what he is saying, but he is VERY entertaining, at least! Thank you for your time.

fionasboots
03-27-2007, 01:51 AM
During all the chaos when I came out to my wife about the CDing her mother seemed to get the idea into her head that I was a danger to my son and her other grandchildren. She even went as far as telling my wife's brother about my 'hobby' because of this fear (against my wife's wishes).

My brother-in-law and his wife have never, since finding out, behaved in a way that suggest that think the same way; I've looked after my niece and nephew with no hint from anyone that I'm a danger.

Even more encouraging was that my wife actually told her mother that she *knows* I would never hurt my son or any other child for that matter.

So while there are people out there that may tie crossdressing or anything else that is out of the ordinary to all sorts of evil possibilities, either through confusion/lack of knowledge (as with my mother-in-law), or downright malice (pick suitable sanctimonious religious/political bigot) there are also more that take a more enlightened, objective or caring view.

And, as with my wife, they are prepared to defend this view even with their own confusions and concerns about crossdressing as a whole.

goofus
03-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Earlier this evening I was listening to the Michael Savage talk show on my car radio. Apparently there had been some discussion about crossdressing earlier. A man called the show in reference to that, and said that one of his brothers had left home for 2 years and came back for Christmas dressed as a woman. Michael Savage asked if there were young children at the house and the man said yes. Michael went ballistic, yelling, "you let a crossdressing sicko in the house with young children? Are you crazy? Your brother is a sicko would be female and should not be around young children!" He ranted on like that for several minutes. I don't think he really knows anything about crossdressers. Probably thinks we are all homosexuals!! Any thoughts from you ladies on this subject?

Sissy

More Girl than man

Methinks that someone that trans/homophobic might have something inside of himself that he hates, if you get my drift. Maybe yet another conservative closet case? :D

Kate Simmons
03-27-2007, 03:36 AM
I'd love to be around sometime when this guy is pulled from a burning building by a CD Fireman or has his life saved by a TS Paramedic and he has to admit it.:happy:

Suzie S.
03-27-2007, 04:27 AM
To put it simply, that truly disgusts me to hear that! One loudmouth brain dead b*****d preaching to tens of thousands of listeners! No wonder we have such a hard time with acceptance in this world. Freedom of speech, but at our expense...:mad:

Mary Morgan
03-27-2007, 04:53 AM
If Michael Savage was supportive of CD I'd be more concerned. At my home, we do not allow young children anywhere near a radio that might broadcast his program.

Teresa Amina
03-27-2007, 05:21 AM
This guy is just a showman but what about those who listen? No doubt when someone is inspired to assault and kill a transperson by such idiocy he will claim to merely have been expressing his "freedom of speech" :Angry3:
Do those of you living elsewhere around the world have such mindless hatred expressed on the radio?

Vicky_Scot
03-27-2007, 05:53 AM
Take Action!

Contact information:

General info@talkradionetwork.com

Michael Savage E-mail: michaelsavage@savage-productions.com

Questions? Drew@savage-productions.com

TxKimberly
03-27-2007, 06:06 AM
If you look at the way the media and entertainment industry often portray us, this would appear to be a common perception of us. We are often portrayed as being the psychotic killer, the pedophile, the kidnapper, the murderer, etc. Funny thing is, the vast majority of TGs I have met are good and decent people, the type that WONT stand there and watch one person beat another, the type that wont drive by people stranded on the highway, the type that head out in the rain to help friends move because you have the only pickup truck in the office (i just had to throw that one in there). You get the picture.
Kim

Charleen
03-27-2007, 06:22 AM
It's all about ratings. Pander to the unwashed and the ratings go up and so does the ad revenue.
Or it could be like Forrest Gump said, Stupid is as stupid does.
BTW Lucille, as far as WWII, if it wasn't for those masculinized women known as Rosie the Riveter building all the war machines we would probably be speaking German right now!

tightsgirl
03-27-2007, 07:24 AM

Sissy

More Girl than man

Michael Savage probably ************* and needs crossdressers for his scapegoat:lol2:

Lovely Rita
03-27-2007, 07:35 AM
I believe he,savage, exemplifies part of the prevailing view out there. The same kind of clapt trap that we have all heard. The brother seemed to have called the show because he was not happy about it either. I do think there should have been more consideration from all sides, including the cross dresser.

my thoughts.

Karren H
03-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Pretty much all talk show hosts are idiots... And all they do is sensationalize what ever the topic is.... Just to build rating for themselves... Which equates to $$$ in their pockets... And frindge groups are always good targets....

So if you don't like what they are saying, change the channel... I do!!!

Karren

caroline_cd_99
03-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Boy, there sure is alot of name calling happening in this post. I thought that was what made us (crossdressers) different than most everyone else in the world. We don't pass judgement on other people for what they wear, do, or say, because we don't want to be judged or stereotyped!!

I heard a little of this yesterday, I am fairly certain Savage must have said something earlier to prompt the call. He kept on mentioning something about "so now we have to accept crossdressing... blah, blah, blah...".

Sure Savage's comments were inflammatory, but he is entitled to his opinion. I really don't care what he thinks or says, or what anyone on the far right says for that matter. They do not speak for anyone I know. I feel the same about the ultra liberals in Hollywood and the media. I agree with the other posts, turn it off if it offends you, and leave it at that. Name calling is lowering yourself to their level.

Georgette
03-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Most news or media personel are still inside the BOX and they are afraid to break the paradigm of follow the leader. Look how long they have reported on Anna Nicole, how much longer do we hae to listen to this drivel, the big problem is they have to make negative news to comply and stay in the BOX.:2c:

Josephine 1941
03-27-2007, 09:42 AM
If you don't listen how can you quote his hurrrrra against us. Listen an learn this way you can use the correct dribble to stop the misunderstanding. Can anyone tell me if your soul is male or female. My gril friend has studied in India an said by meeting me she now knows what her teacher was talking about. We have figured out that she is 55% male and I am 65 % female we have a great carma.

Josephine

susie evans
03-27-2007, 09:52 AM
i used to listen ot talk radio but now it's all about marketing $$$$$$$ no value any longer to learn from :2c:

susie

Alice Torn
03-27-2007, 10:58 AM
I am not saying, that Savage is always right. He is n't God! I agree, that what he said, lends, to the stereotyping, of cd's. If cd's are all perverts, then, we may well have at least a former cder, as president, in 08, Rudy!! I experienced the stereotyping, the first time, in daylight, I went out in public, a few times. I was walking around an area in Seattle, in a sexy black and white dress, dark hose, black patent high heels, and waited, and waited, for this one car, with family, leave, parked next to my car. After nearly an hour, I just decided to go to my car and leave, when the father saw me coming, TOLD HIS KIDS TO NOT LOOK, then asked me, if I could jump his battery! He said SIR, could you give my car a jump start. I nodded yes, got him started, and he said thanks sir, and left! Obviously, I didn't fool him at all. The lousy too small wig, didn't help, broad shoulders, 6'6", either.
but, we cannot expect families, to jump, to accept this. It aint gonna happen! Thousands of years of traditional family life, has not accept it, other than a few, and, it aint gonna change, much. There are bigots, and those who condemn it the strongest, no doubt, have issues they won't deal with. The family is the building block of any stable society, and that is just the way it is. I have never been married, and my family was very angry, and unhappy. Maybe that is one reason I cd, among others, being a loner, by fate. We humans are information absorbers. I like to hear all points of view, and change my views, now and then, objectively. Savage doesn.t like cats, either. I love cats. They are my "kids". I believe there are some things about us, that only we, and a Higher Power understand. Humans will always let us down, including talk show hosts, even Oprah!

KarenSusan
03-27-2007, 12:51 PM
I'd love to be around sometime when this guy is pulled from a burning building by a CD Fireman or has his life saved by a TS Paramedic and he has to admit it.:happy:

I think a character like this wouldn't admit it even if he knew. These people will run off at the mouth on any subject that they think will push people's buttons. All in the name of ratings.

tommi
03-27-2007, 01:17 PM
I don't listen to any of those talk shows to ignorant, all have their own agenda.

gennee
03-27-2007, 01:31 PM
I have listened to Michael Savage before. A real smart guy who can go off the deep at times, in my opinion.

Gennee:straightface:

Alice Torn
03-27-2007, 03:58 PM
I have found, that not two people are alike, no two gays, no two gg's, no two married people, no two cd;s, not two dogs, and no two cats. I guess we need, to be deeper, and live and let live, the most we are able, in sane boundries.

Satrana
03-28-2007, 02:14 AM
It is not just the right wing commentators who attack us, even liberals get on the act. I watched the Real Time Show with Bill Mayer and he and his guests were shown pictures of Rudy Guiliani in drag for charity events and of course they were snickering at him - a man who has done drag being President, never!

This may not be as abusive as Savage's comments but the underlying message is the same - all men who wear dresses even if it is just drag, are sickos and perverts. If Guiliani were gay, they would never have made such comments, but crossdressers are always fair game cause we are at the very bottom of the barrel and don't have any rights against discrimination in the eyes of society.

When will a man in a dress stop being laughed at?

noname
03-28-2007, 02:36 AM
When will a man in a dress stop being laughed at?

I don't know. I'd like to think it'd be in the next decade or so, but I doubt it. I do worry that as gay becomes more accepted they will treat us just as everyone else does.

Unfortunately, a man may never have the rights women do. Even some states have laws regarding gender identity and expression. But I think we all know that no matter how clean cut a man presented himself, wearing a skirt to a job interview would be an automatic no hire. Society seems to think that an expressive man does not deserve to eat, have health care, to live in a home, in short, he is expected to die in the street. ( Unfortunately that has probably happened to cd people. ) Why do I say this? Because of all those require a job.

Robin Leigh
03-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Methinks that someone that trans/homophobic might have something inside of himself that he hates, if you get my drift. Maybe yet another conservative closet case? :D

Jim West syndrome? Could be. Or maybe he's just a run-of-the-mill homophobe. (Yes, I know most CDers are straight, but that's irrelevant to a gay-basher. We're all queer to them.)

Robin

Kimberly
03-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Ignorance breeds hatred and prejudice - and this can only be spread further.

This is what we're up against: the guy just needs to know the facts first.

Angela E.
03-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Look,he may be uninformed on issues regarding us,BUT,that doesn`t delegitimize his opinions on borders,language and culture.I know I`m probably going to take a lot of flack from some of you on this,but,on these topics I agree with him wholeheartedly.I also agree with his stand on muslim extremists.Believe me girls none of us would look stunning in a burkha.As far as Mr.Savage goes,don`t throw the baby out with the bathwater.-Angela.:evilbegon :evilbegon :evilbegon :GE:

Sharon
03-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Look,he may be uninformed on issues regarding us,BUT,that doesn`t delegitimize his opinions on borders,language and culture.I know I`m probably going to take a lot of flack from some of you on this,but,on these topics I agree with him wholeheartedly.I also agree with his stand on muslim extremists.Believe me girls none of us would look stunning in a burkha.As far as Mr.Savage goes,don`t throw the baby out with the bathwater.-Angela.:evilbegon :evilbegon :evilbegon :GE:

This thread isn't addressing other issues, just his stance on this particular one. If you want to get into why you love Michael Savage, then I suggest you start a thread in the News and Politics section.

Samantha B L
03-28-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't listen to that show but I wonder if Michael Savage thinks that if one is an m to f CD'r then this means that they are also a perverted child molester.I mean,I would of course feel real silly about going someplace dressed which had a lot of little bitty kids hangin' around.Like one of those "Jabberwockys" or an afternoon showing of a Disney movie. But Michael Savage is stuck in the 40's and the 50's with his brilliant criminal pathology theories.

27th Jennifer
03-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Down with Michael Savage! Up with Dan Savage!

Lawren
03-28-2007, 08:38 PM
He's just one more reason why I do not listen to talk radio.

Melinda G
03-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Your first mistake was listening to Michael savage. :D

Alice Torn
03-29-2007, 12:23 AM
I dont' always agree with him, but, he is very funny, entertaining most of the time, with a wit sharper, than a razor. We don't have to agree with anyone, all the time, even SO's. Hey, I argue with myself, a lot:o

Sheri 4242
03-29-2007, 01:15 AM
That's too bad... I listen to his show occasionally. I may be a CD, but I consider myself politically/fiscally conservative (Libertarian).

There are many CDs that, politically, are on the right -- in fact, of those in "our community" that I know personally, more are conservative or libertarian than are liberal. (Of course, growing up in Georgia, the Democratic Party was the "good ole boy" party for most of my life and did not share much with the national party -- not at least until Wyhe Fowler and Max Cleland came around). Until a few years ago, I had been conservative all of my life (and I have been a CD all of my life, too, without feeling any contradiction). A few years ago I started leaning more and more towards the Libertarian Party's way of thinkng. Actually, libertarianism should be more tolerant than any other group on the political spectrum if they are true to what they believe, in re personal freedoms. But, specific political views aside, you will find CDs in all walks of life and with all kinds of political, social, and religious views. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water -- just b/c Savage has some phobia or hidden agenda -- or opens his mouth before putting his brain in gear -- doesn't make all on that side of center the same -- not by a far shot!!! If you want to listen to talk radio -- and especially political talk radio -- turn the dial and find someone who best suits your political and fiscal views.