PDA

View Full Version : a funny thing -- ID confusion

Trisha
03-26-2007, 11:24 PM
ok here goes i was out shopping last week with my wife and step dauter and one of her freinds was in the store for about fourty five minits got all we needed to get so we are at the checkout and my wife has my bank card now i dont sign my card so chekout woman asks my wife to see some id the woman lookes at it and says that she can not accept it cos it has a differnt name on it so i pull my id out and the woman says she can not accept that one either cos its the right name but not the right person that gave her the id and even in guy mode i dont look like my id so i say in my male voice i can go home and get changed but im not cutting my long hair just so i match my id the woman was shellshoked and did not know what to do or put her face girl it was funny :D she called her boss over in the end and we all smiled at each other as the boss says yes thats the same person after looking closer

Jenna1561
03-27-2007, 02:04 AM
Good story Trisha. I'm glad everything turned out well. I've been asked for ID a few times when using my credit/debit cards while enfemme. Usually the SA's just look at it, look at me a little wide-eyed, then process the transaction, I think that I've only had to say " Yes, that's me, I am a man dressed as a woman." twice.

You mention that your hair is longer than what's on your ID, Is that your hair in the avatar, because if it is, it looks gorgeous.

Jenna

Carin
03-27-2007, 02:51 AM
my ID picture is 15-20 years old and has a lot more hair on the front of my face and a lot less on the back. Even in drap they look twice at it and say is that really you. I haven't gone shopping yet en-femme, but I know that is going to be an issue. It is standard practice here now to ask for ID with every transaction.

I think I may have to get a new ID.

Marianna Julianna
03-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Nice story, made me smile.

Raychel
03-27-2007, 06:22 AM
And the whole time your wife is standing there, just rollong her eye's thinking (What have I gotten myself into).

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Trisha
03-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Good story Trisha. I'm glad everything turned out well. I've been asked for ID a few times when using my credit/debit cards while enfemme. Usually the SA's just look at it, look at me a little wide-eyed, then process the transaction, I think that I've only had to say " Yes, that's me, I am a man dressed as a woman." twice.

You mention that your hair is longer than what's on your ID, Is that your hair in the avatar, because if it is, it looks gorgeous.

Jenna

on my id i look like a solder and you would not mess with me in my avatar that is a wig but my own hair is now down to my sholders i have been growing it for almost two years now and my eye brows are plucked and do not need much makeup on i like my new self a lot better than the old self :D

Trisha
03-27-2007, 08:05 AM
And the whole time your wife is standing there, just rollong her eye's thinking (What have I gotten myself into).

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i have a good wife one of the best but we like going shopping and things as girlfreinds arfter all we are best freinds as well as hubby and wife :D

Josephine 1941
03-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi Girls,

Well I guess I have to tell my story, I am sure that many of you, this will help. I was dressed very nice with a skirt an blouse an had 3 inch heels too. I was going to a Conn outreach socity meeting one Sat night. I had made chille for our group. As I was driving down the road a police car was coming toward me, we passed an like all of us when we are dressed I watch him in my rear view mirror. To my dismay he slowed down an turned in to a drive way an turned around. I was not speeding nor to my mind had I done anything wrong. He then put his lights on as he came up behind me , I was on a narrow part of the road so I kept going to get to a wider part an then pulled over, because I thought he was going to another call. Wrong he pulls up behind me, panick time what have I done wrong. I then open purse get my male Lic an go to the glove compartment for my Ins an Reg. The young cop come to my window witch I had open an ask for the paper work. He looks at my Lic an then me ect el female, before he could say anything I told him I was a Cd an going to a group meeting in Hartford Ct. He then said do I know what I had done wrong, YIKES ME WHAT ????? With a cool voice I said that I did not, I WAS SHAKING LIKE A LEAF. He said that when we had passed an I blinked my lites my low beam was out. WHAT I SAID TO MYSELF !!!! Then he went back to his car an I sat an thought O MY GOD WILL I HAVE TO GO TO THE POLICE STATION. In a couple of minutes a second car pulls up, now I know I have a problem maybe. The both cops now ask me to step out of the car, as the first cop saw me moving around when he stoped me . I am now out an the second cop asks me to step to the back of the vechiel in the lites of the police cruser. The first cop said he is going to search the car because I was moving, I told him the chille had moved. I then was standing in the police cars high beams with his lites flashing , while the first cop searched my car. I could neaver have done what I did next if I had not joined the support groupe. I ask the second cop If he had any friends that were CDs because we had a great group, he smiled an said no. The first cop then gave me an all clear an I got a warning to fix the lite. I asked both cops if they would like some chille,they declined and left in there cars. Moral of story don't pretend to be some one else an stay as calm as can be. It is not a crime to dress as you please,just poorly HA HA.

Josephine

Trisha
03-27-2007, 11:33 PM
hahaha i like your story so funny i thout you was going to go in to them being the fashen police lol but all this fear we have about going out is mostly just in our own heads once we get over that then there is no problems i just came out to all my family back home and thay said thay still love me no matter what and that thay would like to see me well not as me but as trisha im now thinking of flying back to england as trisha my passport does not look like me but so what i was born there and thay cant stop me going home just might be a problem flying back to the states as i dont look like my green card any moor either lol but im not scard live free to live you life the way you see fit love trisha :D

terrilynn
03-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Josephine. I know how you felt hon. I have a similar story posted some time ago about being pulled over for a burned out tail light. Not a big thing, except that I live in Texas and it was a state trooper that pulled me over on the highway to Amarillo. Got out of the ticket as I had a spare in the glove box, but he stood and chatted/waited for me to change it, really difficult in long nails by the way.
Everything went much smoother than it could have, and I was shaking like a felon when he asked me step out of the pickup to show me the bad light.
I tried to link the post, but being a computer dweeb, couldnt get it to link.

Terrilynn

KimberlyS
03-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Trisha, I am glad that was you with your wife and not me with my wife. As I think my wife would freak and I would be grounded to inside only for quite some time.

My experiences have been more like Jenna's. Either a wide eye look of surprise or a glance and hand back.

The first time it happened to me I got a triple look from the SA. I queued up behind a couple and another gal to wait in line. I was on and outing and needed a slip for the skirt I was wearing and was not going to borrow my wifes, plus some other items. The clerk was friendly, in her late teens early twenties and knew what she was doing as she was quickly ringing up the purchases and was making small talk with the other customers. As the first couple left a gal queued up behind me. Well when it was my turn the gal looked up at me and said hi and quickly continued her job of ringing up my items. She made similar small talk with me like, did you find what you were looking for, are you having a good night. Which I answered in my normal voice, just a bit softer and not booming like a guy would. She looked up and gave me the total and I handed her my CC. She ran it through and then checked the back, which always says "See ID". She looked my way again and asked for my ID, which I dug into my purse and pulled out my male ID and handed it to her. She looked at the ID then quickly looked at me with this blank questioning look on her face, quickly looked back at the ID, quickly looked back at me for a second, looked back at my ID, my CC, back at my ID for a couple seconds, then looked back at me with a long questioning look like she was going to say something, then she got the look of yes it is the same person. She handed both back to me and was finishing the transaction all having this "I want to ask you a question look on her face". She handed me my purchases and said thank you for shopping and have a good night. I said something like thank you, you also have a good night. And walked off. I wonder if there had not been anyone behind me if she would have asked her question. As I have had other clerks ask questions.

Trisha
03-28-2007, 10:53 PM
i just enjoy going out i dont have no fear of man nor beast and i will talk to anyone people are mostly greatfull that thay meet us i have had one person say to me that it is ashame that there are not moor people out like us i think we tend to be moor polite than most as we try to blend in which makes there day a lot moor easy and enjoyable just enjoy all your trips out life is too short not too :D