PDA

View Full Version : The new job

joanlynn28
03-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Well today was the first day that I went to work full time as myself and it went good. All of the things that I was worried about over the weekend where all blown out of perportion. I met with my HR rep this afternoon and he explained to me how he presented the company's policy on inclusion and used a couple of examples about the diverse employees that work in our business unit me being one of them. He also gave me a copy of the powerpoint presentation that he used. The reactions were what he expected and was prepared for but some questions asked him he was not able to answer, them being personal matters and would not be proper to discuss them with anyone beyond myself. All and all it went better than I expected, the restroom policy was stated regarding gender identity and hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get my employee taken care of and my insurance cards changed too.

:Party2: :Party2: :Party2: :Party2:

Zelda
03-26-2007, 11:56 PM
I wish I could just go to work dressed pretty every day. http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/member/2/6/5/b/member_1629819.jpeg

Barb Valentine
03-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Well I think that's just great Joan Lynn
It's nice to see that some companies are
Changing with the times for the better

loriannetucson
03-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Yay! The day has come and gone. You made it!

Victoria Anne
03-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Joan Lynn,thats wonderful. I am so happy for you...and jeleous

Joy Carter
03-27-2007, 01:50 AM
Good for you and a :thumbsup: to your employer.:hugs:

Jenna1561
03-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Joan,

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! :D

I'm truly glad to hear that your first day went so well. I hope all the rest are uneventful and as routine as they were in the past. Good luck with the new employee ID, hope the photo turns out well.

Jenna

DawnL
03-27-2007, 02:33 AM
Congratulations, sounds like a perfectly uneventful day.

claireswife-gg
03-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Congrats, that is awesome news :D

Kimberley
03-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Congrats.

One can hope for more boring days ahead.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Eileen
03-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Joan Lynn that is great news! I know you must be so happy! It is such a great feeling to go to work as the person you really are!

Eileen

joanlynn28
03-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Well tomorrow Wednesday I get my new badge done at 9:00 in the morning and my email and employee directory listings should be changed overnight when Peoplesoft does it's nightly update. And I will contact employee records tomorrow to complete the rest. All in all it has been a busy day today, the workload has really increased since I left last week to take care of business. This girl doesn't have to worry about money blues for awhile. That is okay time to get a new spring wardrobe and to start thinking about the summertime.

Stlalice
03-28-2007, 05:22 AM
Glad to hear that everything is going well - hang in there and let us know how it goes as time goes on. :hugs:

Holly
03-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Joan Lynn, I couldn't be happier for you. And kudos to your employer as well for standing by you.

Sharon
03-28-2007, 09:58 AM
It sounds like your employer is a good company to work for, Joan Lynn, and you should consider yourself fortunate to work for such an understanding and intelligent one. Sadly, many companies put us through ringers for this basic right or just decide not to deal with it at all.

I also congratulate you for standing up and asserting yourself. :happy:

Felix
03-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Congrats Joan, it's a great feeling being yourself in the workplace I can vouch for that. Well done xx Felix :hugs:

joanlynn28
03-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Just a last minute update, got my employee badge this morning and all of my insurance cards changed over. Also when I left today to clock out my name was right there on the labor screen, Joan Murdock. And also a group of women from the other building signed a card for me telling me how couragous I am to come out, so I do have allies out there in my camp.

AllieSF
03-29-2007, 01:02 AM
JoanLynn,

Yours is such a heart warming story that shows that it can really happen, coming out and continuing working with respect and support from your peers and superiors. You must be on cloud nine and you \ deserve to be too. You will be a much needed inspiration for all those considering a similar move.

Wendi {LI NY}
03-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Just a last minute update, got my employee badge this morning and all of my insurance cards changed over. Also when I left today to clock out my name was right there on the labor screen, Joan Murdock. And also a group of women from the other building signed a card for me telling me how couragous I am to come out, so I do have allies out there in my camp.

Congrats Hon,
there is hope for the world ,, it is great and wonderful to hear an Pos story!
Hugs,Wendi D

Siobhan Marie
03-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Joan, congratulations. I'm so pleased that everything is going well for you.

huge :hugs: and *cuddles*

Anna Marie x