PDA

View Full Version : The Closet Door Opens a Little More

NatalieH
03-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I just had a fun time at our local vintage clothing store. (Before anyone comments – yes, I’m vintage, but the clothes are too!) I had stopped by (in drab) to check out their sale, and was admiring a beautiful long black dress with a spray of black sequins on the front. I mentioned to the owner, whom I know, that I wished she had more dresses like it in a larger size. We discussed that for a minute, then I told her about my girls’ night out last week (with my wife and a gg friend) at the local galleries. She asked how I had been received, I said fine, it was a fun time, (nobody cares!) and that dinner afterwards had also gone well.

This woman has seen me dressed on several occasions, but in contexts like Halloween. It was so good to be able to “admit” to wearing dresses without making a big deal out of it, and to focus on the clothes, not why I wanted to wear them.

I walked out of the store with a big smile on my face – one more person I can feel comfortable with!

Natalie

TV Wannabe
04-02-2007, 03:14 PM
It sounds like she already knew, but either way its good that people are begining to accept us.

Ruth
04-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm only out to two people, my wife and a special, and close-mouthed, friend, but I wish I could share the whole CD thing with more people. That's why I like this forum so much.
My wife is anxious about bad reactions and is more secretive probably than I am.
Anyway, I'm so glad you found another confidante!
Love,
Ruth

NatalieH
04-03-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm only out to two people, my wife and a special, and close-mouthed, friend...My wife is anxious about bad reactions and is more secretive probably than I am.
Ruth

Hi, Ruth,

FWIW, that was pretty much my situation when I started. I think having a friend, in addition to your SO, is helpful because they aren't so sensitive to the possible reactions. In my case it also helped because our friend has a wide range of acquaintences so whenever we're out together I usually meet new people -so far, so good. As you get out more in public with your wife, and she sees (hopefully!) it's not a big deal to others, her attitude will change. Good luck!

Natalie

RachelB.
04-03-2007, 02:23 PM
check out pinkiepals.net

Petra1
04-07-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm only out to two people, my wife and a special, and close-mouthed, friend, but I wish I could share the whole CD thing with more people. That's why I like this forum so much.
My wife is anxious about bad reactions and is more secretive probably than I am.
Anyway, I'm so glad you found another confidante!
Love,
Ruth

Ruth,
I could have written this word for word. My only concern is that the friend has taken to inviting my wife to do things when I'm working.

Petra

Rikkicn
04-07-2007, 10:14 AM
That took courage and that comes from being out to your self and accepting where you are right now. Wonderful to hear, nice piece of work! Thanks for sharing. It's really, really important that we hear lots of stories like yours and Carins.
I told my ex, 9 years ago, that I liked to wear panties ago. just 6 months ago I remarried, this in time a dress in front or 100 friends and family........
And I'm STILL coming out. It's long process and so very exciting. Don't give up

Love you all

Michelle 51
04-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Ruth,
I could have written this word for word. My only concern is that the friend has taken to inviting my wife to do things when I'm working.

Petra

If your friend is a guy you better keep an eye on that situation Girl

Sharoncd
04-07-2007, 03:26 PM
I have been going to a shrink and she says that there is nothing wrong with being a cd and as long as you feel good about yourself and show the confidents that you are, everybosy else will respect you.

IF they don't then forget them (that from me).

sharon