PDA

View Full Version : Who wears the skirt, in that house?! Ha!

Alice Torn
03-27-2007, 11:41 PM
On the lighter side--uh, I hope. Years ago, I used to hear a radio preacher, who was talking about marriage, and , he used to ask, "Who wears the pants, in that house? Well that is obvious, it is her." In my case, I have a room, in a house, with a tomboy, who will not own a dress, skirt, or even a robe. Who wears the pants in this house? Me, most of the time, her, ALL THE TIME! It should be, "Who wears the skirt, in this house?" uH, LETS SEE, UHHH, ME? yo.

Trisha
03-28-2007, 12:46 AM
i agree :D just seems that most woman where pants all the time now but at the end of the day its there choice but i can see why as i too where female pants and lowrise jeans to me thay are moor pratical and for comfert but thats just me but i do like skirts and dresses as well i dress pritty much how a female would dress im just a regular girl at heart i guess :D

linnea
03-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Pants are unisex; skirts (in the minds of most people in the culture of the USA) are feminine. So both may wear the pants, but if both wear a skirts, many will say that "she wears the pants."

noname
03-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Not all pants are unisex. If you've worn skinny leg stretch jeans like I have, you'll probably have had a second glace or stare or two.

Peka TG
03-28-2007, 04:39 AM
Well... since my wife retired, I've worn the skirt. :D She hasen't worn a skirt or a dress in over a year!!!
I think she only wore them because she had to.:straightface:

xoxo
Peka

Jere Oneil
03-28-2007, 07:21 AM
I have a daughter who hasn't worn dresses since she was in grade school. The other day, we were having a conversation on the phone with her. She said that she and her current boyfriend had "talked about getting married". My wife asked her if she would wear a wedding dress when they got married. Her answer was that if anyone wore a wedding dress at her wedding, it would have to be her fiance, because she certainly wasn't going to wear one.

Wenda
03-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Even when I am not in femme mode, I have a great 'Work Skirt' that I wear. It is denim, knee length, with a lace-up front, and slightly stretcy, very comfortable, and easy to move around in. I have had back surgery, and sometimes men's jeans and a belt make my back and legs very tired.

Alice Torn
03-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Gere, Like her, the female, I rent a room from, has not worn a dress, or skirt, since she was in grade school, is now 48. I believe it is a mental disorder. It does sadden me, that your daughter, won't even wear a dress, for her wedding. What is American culture coming to? I am sad to hear that.

susie evans
03-28-2007, 12:19 PM
i ware the skirt in the house !!!!!!and out of the house also :heehee: :heehee:

susie

Veronica99
03-29-2007, 07:56 PM
My girlfriend doesn't wear skirts either (as in never). I do, obviously. Intrestingly, I notice a lot of posts saying that their SO/or whatever do not wear skirts either.

Do CD's just somehow find themselves around women who don't wear "feminine" items? Probably keeps the peace...

Staci
03-29-2007, 08:10 PM
That is funny but true. I know a wear skirts and dresses more than my wife usually does. Not that I mind though. Whenever I talk about buying a new dress she says that dress shopping is the worst thing to do. I guess for me it is a bit more fun.

GACountrygal
03-30-2007, 12:08 AM
Hmm,
Well in this house, my SO wears the skirt lol but *gasp* its actually MY skirt!!! Not that I wear it but once in a blue moon (if I have enough tanner on and its not streaky or orange lol) And the last time I wore a dress was my wedding in 2001. But I have worn skirts since then, but few n far between, I leave the skirt wearin to my SO since I feel nekkid in one LOL!!
Nic

Jenny Beth
03-30-2007, 09:40 AM
No doubt about it, I'm the one who wears the skirts here as well as femmy tops and shoes. My wife has never been one to get dolled up and I'm okay with that.

Billijo49504
03-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I guess that would be me too!!!! Last night, when I was getting ready to do my ultra sound treatment on my knee, I took off my long pants and instead of handing me shorts, my wife handed me a skirt. She said this might be easier than shorts. I didn't argue....BJ

mellisa's wife
03-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Gere, Like her, the female, I rent a room from, has not worn a dress, or skirt, since she was in grade school, is now 48. I believe it is a mental disorder. It does sadden me, that your daughter, won't even wear a dress, for her wedding. What is American culture coming to? I am sad to hear that.

A mental disorder? I think not. I was under the assumption that if American culture was leaning in the direction of "anyone" being able to wear "anything", this would be OK with the crossdressing community..... somehow this "mental disorder" statement saddens me.

Just an opinion from a woman wearing lace, pearls and pants!!!

Emma England
03-30-2007, 11:30 AM
So if not a wedding dress, what is the girl going to wear?

Stormgirl
03-30-2007, 11:43 AM
I dont see myself getting married but I were to wed then I'd wear the skirt in the house.

bobbiebabe
03-30-2007, 11:52 AM
wear em All the time its fun and sexy toooooo .BOBBIEbabe

gennee
03-30-2007, 12:00 PM
I would wear a skirt in the house if my wife was more accepting. She let's me wear panties, bras, and tops. When I put on a skirt a couple of months, she disapproved :sad: . Oh, well. Someday maybe.

Gennee

Summer
03-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Who or Whom to you refer to in the second part???

Ponderously,:devil: Summer

Kathryn Philips
03-30-2007, 07:13 PM
When my wife is not at home, I do.

Danielle_oc_ca
03-30-2007, 08:11 PM
While I generally wear skirts around the house and have even gone out in male mode wearing one, ifs my 19 year old college going daughter who wears them. She wears nothing but skirts and the occasional dress except when the weather forces her to wear pants. And then only hospital scrubs. She says skirts are far more comfortable. Scrubs are the only pants that she feels OK in and will tolerate only as long as she has to. But then she only wears loose flowing skirts, generally kee to midi length. Seldom ever mini skirts and never tight skirts.

But then, like me, she is a contrarian. If the other women suddenly wore nothing but skirts, she'd wear pants.