PDA

View Full Version : Hair Removal Problems, Shaving, Hot Wax?

Nyx
02-15-2005, 11:43 PM
This is a post out of curiosity, to try and get some answers to my many questions. Hopefully its not a repost.

Let me begin... I have a very sensitive skin. I don't like hair but I can barely shave. As a matter of fact, I have to shave my face no more than once a week, otherwise I will get dozens of cuts. I have tried as well as I could, and well, nothing seems to fix it. Having an interest in crossdressing, I find it annoying to be such a hairy man.

Since I am starting to experiment with crossdressing, I decided to shave my, say, intimate apparrel. I did this as carefully as I could, using shaving cream and a good quality razor (Mach 3 Turbo), even used aftershave afterwards. It went rather well overall, no cuts, and after that, it was nice because my butt felt smooth. It was nice... Until the next day. I woke up with a terrible irritation. I had to tolerate the pain for all of the next day and well, not only that, but it took only 2 days for there to be a visible groth. I can't possibly imagine doing that to my entire legs and body.

So here I am, looking for alternatives. I know there are things like electrolysis and laser, but they seem like a huge investment in time and money... And what if I actually do want hair later in my life, permanent solutions don't seem idea. I eventually came to think about hot wax, but I've never used it, so I would like to ask alot of questions...

1. Are there some very hairy people here that tried hot wax? If so, how efficient is it? Do you need to do multiple passes over each region?

2. How painful is it, actually?

3. How long does it stay *fresh*? One day, two? A week? More?

4. Can you use hot wax on your face to eliminate all facial hair including the beard? Close shaving never seems close enough, and since I can only shave once a week, this is annoying.

5. How cost-effective is it? How much use can a man expect from it if he is to use it for all of his body?

Alayna
02-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Hi Nyx, check out this thread:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5328 (http://http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5328)

I also have very sensitive skin and simply cannot shave for the same reason you just mentioned. It feels like pins and needles for the next two days after shaving and it's nearly unbearable!
I won't lie - waxing is painful. But it gets easier with time and it lasts a while if you do it right. However, if you're the same as me even that irritates the skin a bit. That's why I use an epilator - all it does is remove the hair. No chemicals or blades or anything go on the skin. The downside though is that they REALLY hurt at first. Put-a-stick-in-your-mouth-and-bite kind of pain. But if you can get past that it eventually gets much better and the results are great! Good luck;)

Sandra H
02-16-2005, 06:17 AM
Hi.Nyx.

My eyes watered when you said you included aftershave in a sensitive area and it could be this, which caused the irritation the next morning.

I am very hairy if it can grow on an area it will so I understand your problem. I have found that the more you shave two things happens. The first is your skin toughens up and the second is you hair seems to grow back much less and not as tough as you keep shaving.

I use hair removal cream when I have a lot of hair to remove. A little messy but gives good results. I am not sure what part of the world you are in so can not give any brand names. If you use the cream just follow the instructions and test a small area first. One tip, have some warm water ready in the sink as when you need to wash your hands after they are all full of cream and it is better to just put them into water rather than get cream all over the taps.

I hope this helps a little.

Sandra H
02-16-2005, 06:26 AM
Hi Girls.

My advice to Nyx about hair removal cream reminded me of the old joke.

This girl had a cat, which went missing, when she found it all its fur was very matted.

Her friend helped her to try to brush it all out, but it was just too matted.

So they thought it would be best to take all the fur off and let it grow back normal.

So she went to the pharmacy and asked the pharmacist if he could tell her what was the best one and how to use it.

He said, just apply it to your legs and leave for about 10 mins, then rinse off with warm water.

The girl said, “Its not for my legs, but my little pussy”.

The pharmacist said, “Well in that case, just do the same as you would for your legs, but don’t ride your bicycle for two days after.

I hope you enjoyed my little joke.

StephanieCD
02-16-2005, 08:48 PM
Good joke :)

Rather than start a new thread on this (a follow up to bunches of other threads I've started) I thought I'd bump this one up...

A month or two ago I shaved my legs and came on here about the razor burn and ingrown hairs. I have to say - I'm still covered with them! Some have gotten infected and then healed only to repeat! I've cleaned those out with peroxide and that stuff. I've tried the cream - minus the smell that worked pretty well... but I still got yucky bumps and spots when it grew back two days later. My hair is actually kinda fine (for a guy) but my skin is FAIR...

Some research has led me to believe I'm not getting sufficient vitamins to have healthy skin as is told by my recurring facial blemishes, etc. I also have a high stress and anxiety level. I've read that certain vitamins (long list) and lots of water combined with stress management provide to healthy skin... it's my thought that this might help.

So I wonder... many of the women I've known with notably clear and beautiful skin watched their diets and such - the one's that didn't... didn't have 'as nice' skin. Men are more prone to eat 'like men' - could our diets affect this? I wonder, do those of us who watch their diet have less problems than, say, me?

Also - there's an advertisement for birth control pills that make women's skin clearer. Since the pill is female hormones on a schedule, I'm wondering if estrogen is a missing factor in healthy skin?

End babble... just really frustrated cuz my legs are STILL ugly probably two months later and I've been caring for them so much it's a pain. sigh.

Nyx
02-16-2005, 09:20 PM
So I wonder... many of the women I've known with notably clear and beautiful skin watched their diets and such - the one's that didn't... didn't have 'as nice' skin. Men are more prone to eat 'like men' - could our diets affect this? I wonder, do those of us who watch their diet have less problems than, say, me?

Its purely genetic imo. Everyone in my family has a sensitive skin, but my mother and I have a very good and equilibrated diet.

Also - there's an advertisement for birth control pills that make women's skin clearer. Since the pill is female hormones on a schedule, I'm wondering if estrogen is a missing factor in healthy skin?

Oestrogen? I would think not. I have a healthy skin, its just somewhat fragile (too fragile to shave often, or in certain locations). There are plenty of men and kids that have healthy skin, so I wouldn't link it with that... What actually makes a difference is that testosterone makes your skin rougher and hairier. If you took female hormones, it would cancel that out somewhat, but then there are plenty of other issues.

End babble... just really frustrated cuz my legs are STILL ugly probably two months later and I've been caring for them so much it's a pain. sigh.

Well, I want to experiment with new hair removal techniques, and I encourage you to do the same ;) To my knowledge hot wax is not a problem when it comes to ingrown hair and infection... Its really the razor blade that fragilises the skin and creates cuts (visible and invisible) which can irritate you and make it easier for an infection to develop.

Just one thing... I tried the veet cream thats supposed to make it easy to remove hair. Its a lie... It irritated me even more than shaving. All it does is chemically burn your hair.