PDA

View Full Version : All Dressed Up And No PlaceTo go

Dawntv
03-28-2007, 10:44 PM
My GG has given me the ok to do as i please anytime i want and as i am off work right now you would think it would be real good "girl" time but it seems as though i have gotten to the point where the thrill is gone of just dressing and taking pictures etc. We talked about it today and we agreed I need to go "out" again we are currently looking at Easter weekend maybe at GiGi's in Detroit. Does anyone else get tired of getting all dressed up with no place to go? I live in a hick town so there is no way i can go out here. sometimes it hurts really bad that theres noone around that knows what i live with every day. My GG tries really hard and is very cool but i really need to meet and talk to some others like me. Thanks Dawn

danielle_from_cal
03-28-2007, 11:00 PM
One of the biggest reasons that I have not come out to my wife is because I think she will expect me to be in the mood to go out dressed all the time. Sometimes I just want to watch television or do the taxes.

Anyway, if you get bored I am sure there are a lot of people on this site that would love to chat with you, including me.

Phoebe Reece
03-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Dawn, I know all too well the feelings you are experiencing. I worked overseas for 20 years and where I was at I could only dress at home. The only exceptions to that was some Halloween parties and some amateur theatrical productions I was in. I really got tired of dressing up and just sitting around the house. After I retired from that job 3 years ago and came back to the USA to live permanently, I changed all that. Now, I don't bother to dress up at all unless I am going out. And I get out a pretty good bit. On average about 4 full days every month. I have a lot of CD friends and they have more things going on than I can find the time to participate in. I suggest you try to find a support group in your area, make some new friends, and find some opportunities to get out and about with them.

Trisha
03-28-2007, 11:08 PM
i get dressed evry day now so iguess im pritty much fulltime but i was going to say find a suport group or something myself i have never been to a suport group i just get out the door and do my own thing :D

SandyR
03-28-2007, 11:19 PM
We all need to get out, its part of us.

Huggs...

SandyR

AllieSF
03-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Dawn,

The small town blues can be hard. I think it is great that you have a supporting GG. Please take the time to plan and execute those special dates to go out and celebrate, not only your being able to go out en femme, but also to treat your GG to a special time too. She may need it as much as you. It can be collectively "your" time. I have spent time living in out of the way places and can relate to your situation somewhat. As Nike says, "Just do it!"