PDA

View Full Version : Neurotic dressing

megan163
03-29-2007, 02:37 AM
Today I had my most extensive time out dressed - in the middle of the day. I had the opportunity to dress and went to a mall. Dressed in my car which I know is risky but where else. I spent a couple hours browsing in stores and had several encounters including a full conversation with a very sweet cosmetics SA. So what's the problem with this picture...well, I must admit I felt more guilty than ever that I deceived my wife as I had her thinking it was just another normal day at the office (took afternoon off). Anyway, I got so upset that I purged a few items - fortunately I stopped short of throwing away the more important pieces of my outfit. My problem now is I just don't know if I can do the going out thing again. On one hand I enjoyed it beyond dreams but on the other I feel like I was cheating. Any thoughts? Any bets on whether I'll go out again?
PS, here's a shot from my cell phone camera. Had hoped to have gotten better shots but it is limited resolution (like myself, I suppose).

uknowhoo
03-29-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm glad you had such a wonderful time out, Jacinta!:hugs: The wife thingy is a bit more complicated a proposition. After many, many years I came out to my wife about 6 months ago. It was about the hardest thing I'd ever done, as I feared I could possibly lose her. Fortunately that did not happen, and while not thrilled about the whole thingy, she does her best to understand and even support me a bit. She had a harder time with the not telling her part, than with the actual CDing. Of course everyone's situation is different, but I feel a whole lot less of the guilt thingy (and accompanying stress) now that it is not a secret to my wife any longer. Good luck, and take care. xoxo Tammi

RobertaFermina
03-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Megan,

Your situation may be hard. You don't have to be hard on yourself.

"Neurotic about Dressing" may be a better title.

Dressing seems to bring you joy. I notice it is the secretive logistics of dressing causing you distress.

Even if I placed a bet, I would be influencing you. The answer is in you. Any bets you will let it be?

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Emily Ann Brown
03-29-2007, 09:38 AM
I will bet you will be out in public again soon.

Emily Ann

Jaki
03-29-2007, 02:49 PM
sounds like yu had fun, but the wife thing is truly a personal thing, I have found that when i first dressed and hid my lifestyle that it was great, but when i made it known to people close to me, will, now its great. I was so surprised that so many thought no big deal. I guess what i am trying to say is we all have to find the level at which we feel good about what we do, if it gets to the point that it is no longer fun then maybe we may want to reavaluate things, yu look very nice hun , Jaki

Tiffany Tuesday
03-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Today I had my most extensive time out dressed - in the middle of the day. I had the opportunity to dress and went to a mall. Dressed in my car which I know is risky but where else. I spent a couple hours browsing in stores and had several encounters including a full conversation with a very sweet cosmetics SA. So what's the problem with this picture...well, I must admit I felt more guilty than ever that I deceived my wife as I had her thinking it was just another normal day at the office (took afternoon off). Anyway, I got so upset that I purged a few items - fortunately I stopped short of throwing away the more important pieces of my outfit. My problem now is I just don't know if I can do the going out thing again. On one hand I enjoyed it beyond dreams but on the other I feel like I was cheating. Any thoughts? Any bets on whether I'll go out again?
PS, here's a shot from my cell phone camera. Had hoped to have gotten better shots but it is limited resolution (like myself, I suppose).

Well done Megan .. and bonus points for getting a piccie too babe!!!
Miss in Action (MIA) Points ... 79/100 silver star award!
hey i too remember the scarey car change .. up went the back window shelf, down came the front rooflight blind( it could pull and hook down to behind the front seats). Hang a jacket from the back side window coat hook (tinted glass is soo helpful here) bingo .. one changing room :) Hey yes babe it feels scary but wow the sense of achievement was wonderful!
hugz x

Karren H
03-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Well its not cheating in the affairish definition of the word... In my opinion.. Its just a differnet type of hobby!! Hehe. And what do you have to be guilty for?? Besides crossdressing and not telling her?? So you have to deal with the guilt one way or the other.. And after you do then things get a lot more fun..

Karren

Julie York
03-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Feelings of guilt happen when you think you are doing something wrong according to your own values of right and wrong.

That pretty much says it all.

Butterfly Bill
03-29-2007, 08:35 PM
It looks to me like what you are feeling guilty about it the lying, not the crossdressing. And that's something lots of people would feel guilty about, because most people think that's wrong. I wouldn't go out in public again in your home town until you have had The Talk.

And dressing in a car in a mall parking lot is extremely unconventional behavior and some security person might be asking what you are up to. Basicaly what you did (come out) is good, but the way you did it is questionable.