PDA

View Full Version : Do you dress in fem more when things are not going right?

Tamera
03-29-2007, 07:03 AM
I seem to dress more in fem when I get depressed, or when my male identity is having bad times(work, relationships, etc.). I was wondering if others do the same.
LOL
Tamera

Lissa Stevens
03-29-2007, 07:06 AM
No, anymore I tend to dress as much as possible dpressed or not.

Charleen
03-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Actually that one way I realize I'm getting depressed is when Charlie starts coming on strong.

Casey Morgan
03-29-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't dress fully very often but I just can't seem to care about it when I'm feeling off. Even my interdressing becomes a case of the first two things I grab that match are what I wear that day.

lahr
03-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Yes I Do! It's everyday stress that causes me to find refuge in CDing. Thinking about dressing thru the day is kinda like seeing a light house or the light at the the end of the tunnel. Fetishes aside, love being en femme! Its a relief from the everyday world.

Colleentg
03-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Yes, it helps a lot, for me. It's better than turning to drugs or alcohol. I get into something so feminine, the other worries just fade away, almost completely. But I dont always have to get elegant. Often it can be just a nice top and some shorts that I haven't worn in a while. It works for me.

Joanne f
03-29-2007, 04:35 PM
I am the opposite to that i only like to dress when i am happy:happy:
always knew that i was odd:(

Karren H
03-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Not at all!! I dress more when things are going great.. Which is most of the time!! It's not a pain reliever.... And hence I don't associate dressing with bad things.. Its a positive thing and it enhances an already happy person... But that's just me!! :)

Love Karren

Sam-antha
03-29-2007, 04:51 PM
For me dressing is a positive experience. It happens when I have that "feel good" feeling and when things are going well. It helps also to have the oppurtunity which does not always happen when I feel good/want to dress.
No, not when I am depressed, but maybe, just maybe, if I was in a city, with the chance to dress, then perhaps I would dress, depressed.
Dunno

Blonde
03-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Never thought of it until the other day.

I think I dress more often when I am a long time between jobs.
When I am working, I don't seem to have the time to dress.
But I do tend to think about it most of the time (working or not).

Teresa Amina
03-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Less when things aren't going well or are too stressed. I've been a little freaked out recently over some changes I've been making to my life and haven't dressed as often (but I have been getting sun on my upper arms in anticipation of dressing :D )

joaniecd
03-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I dress when I am stressed, I dress when I am not stressed, I just get dressed because I want to, no matter how I feel. Some days I just get all decked out. others just blouse and skirt or slacks. OH SLACKS, sorry Karen.
Slacks just do the job up here in the cold. I do own more skirts than slacks.Anyway I dress everyday because I want to and I like It Joan

Carin's Wife GG
03-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Louise wife to Carin, lol.

Staci
03-29-2007, 08:06 PM
I do have a desire to dress more often when things are not going right. There is a certain level of calmness that surrounds me when I am dressed like a woman in the silky, satiny, flowing clothes and the feel of nylons on my legs. I think it is because it gives me a bit of an out when trying to get away from some of the stress of a tough day or week. Staci is always more relaxed and tends to appreciate the things around her.

SandyR
03-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Dressing is a positive thing for me, it enhances a already great day! Infact I tend to be more boy on those rare bad days!

Kissess!

SandyR

Kelly Greene
03-29-2007, 09:07 PM
When I need to relax ther is nothing like a skirt and a pair of heels to melt away the stress.

Myst
03-29-2007, 10:04 PM
I only dress when things are going good - and I have been dressing a lot lately!!! :D

I find that when I am depressed, or stressed dressing has very little appeal to me. Luckily for me though, I deal with these emotions rather quickly. I have no time for being blue, but plenty for happiness and feeling good - which means more time for dressing up!!!

Myst :star:

Stormgirl
03-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I tend to dress in black dresses and clothes with darker more goth like make up when things are going bad.

Ammdi
03-29-2007, 11:27 PM
I dress more when things are bad, it's kind of an escape. It gets me by.

Sheri 4242
03-29-2007, 11:56 PM
I tend to dress pretty much all the time when possible, BUT, that said, my wife has noted that I seem to have high levels of stress and anxiety when I cannot dress as much as I would like (such as when our grandbaby is visiting which pretty much limits my dressing to bedtime -- except that I always wear panties - no longer have any male underwear). My wife has also noted that when I am stressed or under a lot of pressure, that getting home and getting dressed seems to be the best therapy possible. Working at home is great b/c I can dress all day -- and my wife has commented that those are days that I seem to be the happiest!

linnea
03-30-2007, 12:21 AM
Although I find dressing en femme to be relaxing, I don't do it to relieve my stress. If I were totally "out," I might have a better read on this. As it is, I dress whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Alice Torn
03-30-2007, 01:25 AM
When I am depressed, I have done it, and it helped, but, after, I tend to be irritable. I don't get a chance to do it much, but, I like to do it, when I am up.

Suzie S.
03-30-2007, 05:49 AM
I dress quite often already, but I do seem to do it a bit more(or for a longer period) when a bit down. :happy:

JeanneF
03-30-2007, 08:07 AM
No, I'm just the opposite. When I'm depressed, I tend to eat really poorly, then I start feeling fat, so I don't want to dress.

When I'm happy and feeling good, that's when I feel attractive and want to dress.

RobertaFermina
03-30-2007, 08:30 AM
To Bob's mind, things are seldom going *right* - so many responsibilities and uncertainties.

Once dressed, Roberta *knows* everything has been just fine.

:rose: Robeta :rose:

Gurly
03-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Unfortunately I suffer from pretty severe depression, which in turn completely takes away the urge of dressing. Even those days when I am not so "down" I'll dress but it doesn't last long. Depression takes away the "pull" of crossdressing for me. It sucks.

Paula G
03-31-2007, 06:02 PM
I have dressed when I was feeling stressed and it does seem to help, but when I'm feeling down or depressed I don't feel like dressing, even though I still have the desire.

krisla
03-31-2007, 08:03 PM
I dress as an escape, in the past it seemed to escalate under stress, but now things are good and I find myself still dressing? I just like being a girl! stessed or not.

Angie G
03-31-2007, 08:29 PM
NO if the reasonwere that I'd be dressed more then 24/7 :hugs:
Angie

ShortSkirt
04-01-2007, 01:13 AM
Over the year's I've noticed that I more actively dress as my stress level increases.

collette01
04-01-2007, 02:32 AM
I get depressed when I can't dress.

Collette

crusadergirl
04-01-2007, 02:48 AM
REeally it don't matter if things are going bad i will just dress when i want no matter when are why. Bad or good and i don't have many bad days.

aka.laura
04-01-2007, 03:01 AM
When I'm not OK for what reason ever dressing makes me feel better. But I do dress differently when I feel well and I put on more makeup too

Hali
04-01-2007, 10:43 AM
yeah there is a relationship b/w me beign a bit depressed and me wanting to dress, and after dressing i get a bit h**** then i'll M***** then things will get better. oh i love those moments, chow.

Courtney A Anderson
04-01-2007, 10:45 AM
No better pick me up then shoe shopping in heels :2c:

Cassy11
04-01-2007, 07:27 PM
For me dressing can make a bad day much better and a good day really great.

Peggy55
04-01-2007, 07:32 PM
I am not working at the moment and single so I can dress every day (in the closet). However when I am having a bad day the dressing takes on a more theraputic feeling. It really does relax and calm me.

FrancineCD
04-01-2007, 08:30 PM
When I am having a bad day I find myself wanting to be dressed femme. I too find it calming and relaxing.

Francine:D

sandcastle
04-03-2007, 08:34 AM
To Bob's mind, things are seldom going *right* - so many responsibilities and uncertainties.

Once dressed, Roberta *knows* everything has been just fine.

:rose: Robeta :rose:
I wish could spend my working life as Sandra, as I'm convinced she would cope better than he does.

Sandra the Wageslave.

Michelle 51
04-03-2007, 09:05 AM
When I need to relax ther is nothing like a skirt and a pair of heels to melt away the stress.

I feel the same way Kelly.When i'm bored i tend to dress more also.Home alone with nothing to do.Out with a skirt or dress,hose and heel's and just enjoy the feeling. Justabit

kth423
04-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Nothing like a pretty dress to relieve stress

Bonnie D
04-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I dress whenever I can be home alone. When I know I'm going to have a day to myself I look so forward to it that if I find out that I won't be alone, that gets depressing. It's happened more often than is good for me in the last couple of years.

Bonnie

Mia001
04-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi,

You have a good point. I do sometimes get dressed when I've had a hard or stressful day. It's a gresat way to relax and you can forget the pressures of the real world for a while. Sort of escapism maybe but it's always a good de stresser.

Sometimes I get dressed after I've had a good day as well though. I think it just depends on whether you're in the mood.

Sorry if I've confused things further. LOL.

Mark.

leftyblueeyes
04-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Like some others have said, I actually dress more when I feel already peaceful and joyful. When I am depressed, angry, afraid, upset, etc. then dressing just makes it worse for me. I understand it is a very helpful coping mechanism for some girls and sometimes I wish that I could get it to work that way for me. It only heightens my awareness of whatever I am feeling instead.

colette

KatieC
04-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Not that I dress much or often, given that my femme side has only just broken back through after over a decade of repression . . .

But the urge to dress seems stronger when I'm stressed and/or especially disgusted with being male, having to be male, and with the typical "male of the species" mindset in general.

-K

jessie_cal
04-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Yep. I tend to think about it more when I'm stressed out. Which is bad because finals are coming and I won't be able to concentrate unless I'm dressed up.

dann
04-06-2007, 11:19 PM
I think it's the other way around. things start going bad when I don't dress for a long time.

Sejd
04-06-2007, 11:26 PM
I dress all the time now and I don't dress because I am feeling down, but on the other side, it helps my mood if I dress, and if I don't get to dress for a day or two, I get very edgy. I am moving towards dressing full time anyway so I will not have this issue anymore. I am moving my work home and I will be able to dress full time come July. I can't wait.
hugs
Sejd:love:

Dixie
04-07-2007, 12:03 AM
I never really thought about it before, but since I have a stress factor right now I think that I just might dress MORE often than normal, it helps me to deal.

Fresh_as_Candy
04-07-2007, 12:06 AM
I deffinately dress in femme more when things aren't going well, it always makes me feel better

Raychel
04-07-2007, 10:12 AM
I dress whenever I can get a chance. But I do have to say that if I do not get a chance to dress, I do get depressed. It sure does act like a little escape from the world sometimes.

susie evans
04-07-2007, 10:21 AM
dressing makes me happy but so does life i'am thankfull that i can enjoy the best of both worlds and try to stay positave all the time :D

susie

JoanFlores
04-07-2007, 10:21 AM
When I am sad or feel that I am depresed, I dress up and feel much better with myself.

soxs
04-07-2007, 11:55 AM
No, anymore I tend to dress as much as possible dpressed or not.

ive been dressing since i was 10,i just like to dress.depression though seems to mike me dress less Davida

Wendy me
04-07-2007, 12:04 PM
the past 3 or 3 years have been stressful with things going on and at times i can't dress every day and i notice that i can become a bitch snappy and just not vary nice ..... i don't believe it's all abought the dressing but more of letting the Wendy side who is more carefree out ...... i can be Wendy even when i am not dressed....

NatieBe
04-07-2007, 04:59 PM
I get depressed if I don't dress!! I try to wear something under boy mode to keep things in perspective or I go postal... that reminds me mmm...

Billijo49504
04-07-2007, 10:37 PM
I find I want to dress in girlie mode, most every day. That doesn't matter if things are going good or bad. It's just that skirts feel better than pants...BJ

Kimberly
04-08-2007, 07:04 AM
I literally have a transexual period... a period where I dress relentlessly, needing to every day in some fashion. Right now though, it's on and off, and I could live without dressing.

With this cycle, I do tend to feel more masculine at points, and more feminine at others - but I'm yet to pin down exactly how long the cycle takes to revolve fully. xx

Leah McCombe
04-08-2007, 07:47 AM
yes i did in the early days but i now do it a lot more becoue its what i enjoy doing and also i enjoy getting out as well.Its been so much fun since I have come terms with it after we are all different in this world for reasons I don;t know but it would be pretty boring if were all the same.

Lady Katherine
04-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Oh, yes ... like so many others who commented: I love to dress always, but the fact is when I have issues on my mind, such as problems with our children or work, I find great contentment in being Katherine and dressed prettily.