PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Noticed

Shellybean
03-29-2007, 03:43 PM
I have noticed lately that when riding the subway I am most commonly classified as an "it". Just an observation.
hugz
michelle

Sharon
03-29-2007, 09:17 PM
What do you mean? Do people actually talk about you and refer to you as "it," rather than as "her" or even, god forbid, "him?" If so, they're just ignorant fools who may, or may not, just be unsure how to address you. How many times has this happened? It it said innocently or with contempt?

I'm not sure if I would be more mad or upset at hearing myself spoken of as an "it," but I would probably do my best to ignore them(attempting to educate them in such an environment and under the constraint of time would most likely be a waste of time). Shame on them, however, for speaking loud enough for you to hear.

It just goes to show us that we have so much more to do. -- we haven't even begun to enlighten society yet.

azure
03-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Its an Adams family vibe amongst your fellow passengers, as you swan aboard the train bound for the steaming metroplois, they merrily quip "heres
old it, off to see Gomez and Mortisia no less....say, I wonder how pugssley and wednesday are fairing, oh and pass on our best wishes to thing!"......(you get the gist)

hmmm, I can tell your not sold on the idea..........

failing that, I feel that when confronted by such inhuman attitudes, one must address the issue in a thoroughly sensible, mature, and rational manner with an icy delivery worthy of Dame Judy Dench, in a tone of voice that would silence a stadium riot, the words "**** off and die you worthless little prick!" should encapsulate, and embody your bitterness and annoyance.

for more solutions this and many other TG challenges go to

www.putemupagainstthenearestwallandshootem.com

TG-Taru
03-30-2007, 02:38 AM
Not quite the same, but

in Finnish we don't have different pronouns for gender, just a gender neutral person pronoun, but it's very wide spread practise to refer to people as "it" instead colloquially. "Sari told me something today." "Really? What dit it say? Tell it hi for me next time you see it." And most are so used to it that they don't mind or even notice. Older people might not approve.