PDA

View Full Version : Finally did it

Mikala0589
03-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Well I finally worked up enough guts to go to target and try on a dress. I had a shopping cart w/ a pair of jeans, a guys shirt, and a long pretty dress. I walked up to the lady at the changing rooms (it's coed dressing rooms) and I said I needed to try on some clothes and I tried to be sneaky but it didnt work, haha. I asked if I could bring in stuff that I wasnt going to try on w/ me (pretty much i was referring to the dress), and she told me that I could only bring in the outfits that I wanted to try on. Therefore, I went ahead and uncovered the dress in the shopping cart and told her I was trying on 3 things, she didn't look shocked at all and it was totally fine. I was reallllly excited. The dress didnt fit and I took it back out and told her I was taking the jeans and shirt but not the dress, again she was fine.

I ended up going back to Target the other day cause I wanted some cute cute red high heels. I bought a size 11, however when I got home and opened the box, the wrong size was in the box (a size 10). I was pretty upset cause i was embarrased to go to the return line w/ a pair of "tried on" high heels. The girl behind the desk was a little suprised and nervous, but I just played cool and then she relaxed. It was fun none the less.

Thats my story, hope ya like it.

Billijo49504
03-29-2007, 10:49 PM
You should have went and got a different size dress. Then tried it on, to get thwe one that fit. Of course I really don't like dresses. I'm more of a skirt and top gurl. But to all their own...BJ

Paula T
03-29-2007, 11:07 PM
You should have just exchanged the red (cute cute) heels and said the wife wanted a different size.He He

uknowhoo
03-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Congrats on taking the plunge, I know it can be quite nervewracking the first time or two. The good news is, it just keeps getting easier. :D Have fun , happy shopping!!! xoxo Tammi

Tamera
03-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Way to Go!!!
Actually to save the conversation, you could have taken the dress and put it back on the shelf yourself. Then if you wanted to you could have got another size and tried that one on. But anyway way to go, beats taking the item home and then returning it back to the store.

Regarding the shoes. Always check the box before you leave the store. Shoplifters will put their used shoes in the box and put on the new ones and walk out of the store.

I recall catching one female shoplifter who stole a pair of shoes. She put her used ones in the box and walked out with the new ones. Each one was a different size by a 1/2 a size. I think one was a 9 and the other a 9 1/2. The shoes she had on had no tread wear and she still tried to say she was innocent. We told her either exchange the shoes or we are calling the PD. Needless to say, she exchanged them.

This one goes into my "DUMBEST CROOKS" book.

LOL
Tamera

Emma England
03-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Cool!!!

It is much easier to try on in a store, rather than to find out at home that it doesn't fit. Saves more time.
I have yet to meet a sa that has refused.

bobbiebabe
03-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Hi there .You go Girl >People at the stores want to keep their jobs and they want to sell SOmething.. Its ok The next time will be better ...bobbie

gennee
03-30-2007, 11:56 AM
It's wonderful that you went out and did it. That's really excellent! You have encouraged me to do this. Thank you so much.

Gennee

:cheer:

joann07
03-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Congrats! The more you do it, the easier it gets and the less nervous you will be.
I too was nervous when I first tried on a dress, but now I'm not as nervous anymore.
At some places, such as Sears, the dressing rooms don't have an attendant so I'll grab a dress that I'd like to try and walk over to the men's dressing room to try it on.

cindychan
03-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Most SA people have seen it all anyway, unless its some kid on the first day of work. I agree it becomes easier the more you do it:heehee: