PDA

View Full Version : How You Dream.

Lex
03-30-2007, 09:35 AM
OK, how do YOU dream? Please answer these questions, I am dying to know how other people dream.

1. Do you dream in colour?
2. Do your dreams have music?
3. Can you feel pain in your dreams?
4. How real do you feel your dreams are? Do you wake the next day thinking that they have happened?
5. Are there any dreams that you have frequently, and what are they?

My answers:
1. Hell yeah.
2. Sometimes.
3. YES.
4. They are like LIFE, no matter how strange it may be. I could be a many tentacled beast and still think it was real.
5. Loads. Flying. Being in a HUGE mall/airport/something with HUGE escalators that either go waaay too slow, or so fast it's scary. Finding loose change on the ground, but stacks and STACKS of it. All my dreams where I'm at the beach, the waves are HUGE, tsunami sized waves, and always go over my head, no matter where I am. Sometimes it's fun, annoying, or scary. There are quite a few locations I visit several times in my dreams. AND there are often gaint sized public bathrooms with NO doors on any of the toilets. And sometimes no cubicles. That's all I can think of for now.

But please, tell me how you dream!

Kieron Andrew
03-30-2007, 09:41 AM
OK, how do YOU dream? Please answer these questions, I am dying to know how other people dream.

4. How real do you feel your dreams are? Do you wake the next day thinking that they have happened?

ANSWERS:-
1. Yes i dream in colour but sometimes B&W
2. Yes they have been known to
3. Not sure if ive ever felt pain my dreams
4. ive often had the 'it was real feeling'.......ive also dreamt in the 'de ja vu' sense in that i know ive been there before
5. My most frequent dream recently is changes from T* and after chest surgery

Dasein9
03-30-2007, 09:46 AM

1. Yes.
2. Yes. Sometimes I dream music. Still colours, but nothing representational.
3. Yes. And if the cat scratches me in real life, the pain gets incorporated into the dream.
4. They're very real while they're happening, but I don't usually awaken with more than a vague memory. I do have clear memories of having awakened in the night and promised myself to remember, but usually I don't.
5. While prepping for comps, I woke up crying from terror-dreams 3 or 4 times a week. When I was younger, I'd often have falling dreams, but I loved them! Not scary at all. All my life, I've had dreams where I'm in a very large and complex dwelling, and am trying to decide which of the rooms I'm going to live in. Others are going to live there too, but I'm always the first to have arrived, and so get to pick my own digs. Sometimes it's a large New England farmhouse with original woodwork and exposed beams, other times it's a plush NY apartment -- but huge. It's always a place I'm happy to get to live.

Question Mark
03-30-2007, 10:42 AM

1. With one exception.
2. Not that I can recall.
3. I don't seem to have painful dreams. Just bizarre.
4. My dreams are very surreal, but they can seem real while I'm having them. Once I sincerely did wake up thinking a dream was reality and became frightened.
5. Not usually. Lately, though, I've been having a lot more dreams involving this guy I like... more on that later. <_<

CaptLex
03-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey, Lex, my answers resemble yours a lot (great Lexes think alike). :D

1. Do you dream in colour? - Always

2. Do your dreams have music? - Sometimes

3. Can you feel pain in your dreams? Yes, and sometimes when I wake up I can still feel a lingering twinge of pain from the dream.

4. How real do you feel your dreams are? Do you wake the next day thinking that they have happened? It's happened many times. No matter how wacky the dream, many times I feel that it was real and have a hard time convincing myself otherwise.

5. Are there any dreams that you have frequently, and what are they? I also dream that I'm flying a lot (love those dreams). When I saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon I was amazed how their flying was identical to how I fly in my dreams. When I was younger I had a recurring dream of being chased, but was never caught (terrifying dream). I also used to dream a lot about driving (always different sized vehicles) and sometimes I'd be driving in impossible situations (like up a wall).

Now I often dream with bugs, which always creeps me out, wakes me up and then I'm afraid to go back to sleep 'cause I don't want to see more bugs. I came to realize that the driving dreams represent (for me - 'cause everyone is different) that I'm moving in a new direction in my life (and I'm in control of it) and the bug dreams I always have when something is literally "bugging" me. Not sure what the flying dreams mean. If I had the tsunami dream, it would probably mean I was in "over my head" in some area.

This wasn't in your questionnaire, but I'll throw it out there anyway: every once in a while I'll have a somewhat prophetic dream. For example, one day I dreamed that I was at work (not my current job) and overhead two bosses talking about me, then one of them pulled out a gun and went looking for me to shoot me. I hid, but he eventually found me and killed me. Three days later, the firm where I worked at that time decided to downsize and let a lot of people go. Some of my supervisors tried to keep my name off the list, but were unsuccessful - so guess who got "fired"? Weird, huh? :p

Adam
03-30-2007, 02:51 PM
i eather dont dream or dont remember them :(

Lex
03-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, very interesting stuff.

happyfish
03-30-2007, 11:56 PM
1. Do you dream in colour? Yes.
2. Do your dreams have music? Once, maybe.
3. Can you feel pain in your dreams? Yes. And once I woke up and still felt it.
4. How real do you feel your dreams are? Do you wake the next day thinking that they have happened? I think they're real when they're happening. But I only think they've happened if it's somewhat close to real life. Like I'll mix up a fuzzy memory and a dream and I can't remember which is which.
5. Are there any dreams that you have frequently, and what are they? I don't repeat dreams, though I do dream of the same places/situations. School (and forgetting my locker combination/not knowing my schedule), traveling in cars over water, traveling in planes, a carnival at night, a city, a mall that's like 60 stories high, having magical powers, dying, not being able to see things clearly.

Abraxas
03-31-2007, 01:01 AM
1. Do you dream in colour? Not generally. I haven't got a very vivid mental-visual plane. The only time I really remember dreaming in colour was when I passed out from having a concussion.

2. Do your dreams have music? Only if music is the central theme-- for instance, if I dream about playing a concert or something.

3. Can you feel pain in your dreams? If I'm in actual physical pain, it invades my dreams. Sometimes in bizarre ways. For instance, my stomach hurt once, and I dreamt my brother threw a rock at my abdomen. *shrugs*

4. How real do you feel your dreams are? Do you wake the next day thinking that they have happened? Ehhh, most of them are way too weird to be real. And the locations are never accurate. For instance, I may have a dream which takes place in my house, but it doesn't look like my house. Or, it does but then when I go downstairs I end up in a street, or the hallways will get sealed off and I'll be trapped or something.

I don't have recurring dreams too much these days, but occasionally (once every few years or so) I'll get one, where I suddenly remember I've got a pet hamster who I haven't fed in months. So I'll go and find him, barely alive, and feed him peanuts in my kitchen. Invariably, a friend who I haven't seen in a long time will drop by and ask what's going on. The location of the dream (which house I'm in) changes, as does the identity of the friend (although they're all actual friends of mine).
When I was a kid I'd always have nightmares about floods. This is mostly because my cousin almost drowned me when I was about 4, so I developed a kind of phobia. But yeah, these days I don't remember too many dreams, at least not for longer than a few hours afterward.

Laurie909
03-31-2007, 02:45 AM
Here's the main thing about my dreams, they're usually about things that really could happen. I hear people say, "I had a dream. I'm walking down a long road and all of a sudden I fall off a cliff and I'm falling...falling." I've never had a dream anything like that. My dreams are usually about doing things that I really could do. Yes, sometimes they are so real (in color always) that when I wake up I didn't know it was a dream.

Here's the kicker though, my doctors (or is it scientists) say we dream every night but most of the time we can't remember our dreams. I know for me, right when I wake up I remember it perfectly, but a short time later I'll completely forget what the dream was about.

Tristan
03-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Yes almost always, though a great deal of my dreams can be set at night and theres not an abundance of color but more shadowy.

I used to have to fall asleep to a cd or music in the background and yes sometimes the songs became parts of my dreams like all of sudden I was at a concert or something.

I do and sometimes if I'm feeling pain in real life it becomes a part of my dream. Like last night I was having a horrible nightmare about something and there was there was this most horrible pain in the dream I can't remember what was happening to me being tortured or something and I shot straight up in bed and here I was having a bad charlie horse.

Some of my dreams seem very real. It can be a bit depressing to have a hot and heavy erotic dream as a guy and wake up and remember the reality of my situation. As a kid some of my dreams later felt deja vu'ish like something would happen and I'd be like god this already happened and it did... in a dream. It was odd.

I have a few reoccurring dreams. The main one is pretty dark but I'll share it cuz its the one I remember best. I'm at my grandparents farm and its very dark and stormy and I'm going through the house and I'm finding the bodies of my relatives. I haven't seen the person who's been on the killing rampage yet but somehow I know it is my father. I'm tiptoeing around in the house working my way cautiously to the gun case to retrieve my grandpa's shotgun. From there I'm going outside trying to find my dad. The shots have been quiet for a while now and I assume he and I are the only two left alive. I don't know why he's doing this but I know I have to stop him. I come face to face with him and we both have a gun pointed at the other and I never see how it ends. I wake up hearing this loud gunshot in my ears. I've had this dream since I was 12.

A newer reoccurring dream is a bit more embarrassing. It's pretty much a post transition dream where I'm looking myself over for the first time and exploring myself as a man for myself. This dream makes me very very happy. The details of this dream are maybe more clubhouse material though I don't want to get in trouble.

Toyah
03-31-2007, 09:23 PM
[quote=Lex;805439]OK, how do YOU dream? Please answer these questions, I am dying to know how other people dream.

1. Do you dream in colour? Yes sometimes
2. Do your dreams have music? Not that I recall
3. Can you feel pain in your dreams? Nope but scared shi*less sometimes
4. How real do you feel your dreams are? Do you wake the next day thinking that they have happened? Most of them are too wierd to be real
5. Are there any dreams that you have frequently, and what are they Ok if I walk down steps there is a real horrer at the end,I never know what it is but its not good. I often dream about sinking ships/ships on fire or general shippy things. I have many dreams about coffins graveyards and funerals real spooky and not to be recomended. I used to have dreams about diving into swimming baths from various parts of our house (god I am odd)