PDA

View Full Version : Need some help - meeting others

britney ann
03-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Hi girls i was wondering if anyone could help me with something. I am out to my s.o. in fact i think she posts here frequently.Anyways we live in a small minded town where diversity is not socially acceptable.I have recently become comfortable with the idea of meeting other girls and making some like minded friends who i can relate to.The problem is i don't know where to look people have suggested going to bars or support groups but i don't really like the whole club scene and i don't like the idea of a support group either.I just want to hang out with some friends watch some movies,go shopping,catch a bite to eat,and just normal everyday stuff not once month or at some club where some drunk perv would try to hit on me.So what can i do i know of no one else around here that crossdresses let alone around my age so if any of you girls had any words of advice i would really appreciate it.

Peace and Love
Britney Ann

Lissa Stevens
03-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I wish I could help. I have the same problem. The only support group I know of meets when I work and I'm not into clubbing anyway. It doesn't help that my SO doesn't know and she is not real into CDing. She thinks it's icky and creepy.

Tree GG
03-30-2007, 12:04 PM
I believe I have been in contact with your wife. My husband has expressed the same concerns as you. We have found an organization call Chic but they have no national network and currently only one group in CA. We may be interested in trying to organize something similar for CDs here in the midwest.

http://www.transgender.org/chic/index.htm

Unfortunately, this time of year is very hectic for my husband professionally and hobby-wise (other interests) and with unpleasant CD event that occurred recently, we've kinda put this on the back burner.

If you are interested, he is Ms Darlene on this site but has not had 10 posts yet so I'm sure he can't reply even if he can receive them. He is rarely willing to sit at the computer for more than a few minutes :heehee:

I'm sure we'll talk/meet soon.

Sharon
03-30-2007, 12:13 PM
You could establish contact with other members here in The Meeting Place section. I believe there have been at least a couple threads from groups of people from Indiana, but you could always start your own.

britney ann
03-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Hiya Tree

Yes i am very interested in getting involved with this.My wife goes by kassi lynn if that is of any help.I think the idea of gathering girls together is something that we should really explore no matter where the location is.It is always good to know that you are not alone and have another girl you could call up and chat with.I think the main problem is so many of us are scared of being found out and end up secluded.So if just a few friends got together we could support each other when we need it and not just once a month.Also i'm sure the s.o's would like to meet each other as well.Anyways if there is anything we can do to get this up running let us know and tell your husband about this thread.WE CAN DO THIS!

Peace and Love
Britney Ann

Kieron Andrew
03-30-2007, 12:20 PM
i know you dont want to go down the support group route BUT it could be a good starting block for meeting people then going out away from the group, why not try it...... http://www.tri-ess.org/SSS_chapdir.html

melissacd
03-30-2007, 12:21 PM
The way that I have handled that is by finding lots of different bulletin boards to belong to that fit within the scope of my definition of cross dressing and then through that board I identify what city I am from and post messages asking if there are others within the area. Once I have found a few then I start a dialog with them through email at first, then later chat. After I reach a comfort level that they are someone I would like to meet face to face I arrange a drab meeting at a coffee shop. After several meetings over weeks and perhaps months en drab in public places I will eventually establish if they are someone I would like to be my friend and could get dressed with (there have been occasions where I can tell in the first meeting if I like or don't like them and whether I want to carry it further or faster).

Doing it this way has proven to be a great and safe way to meet like minded individuals. Of course once you have made a good network of friends you will have a whole new set of problems - lots of email or phone calls to keep up with, growing your wardrobe to have lots of different things to wear when you get out and all of the invites that you will get to go out and spend time with the girls.

Of course these are all manageable and good problems to have - hope this helps.

Huggs
Melissa

PS, another thing that you can do is create a Yahoo community for your area that you invite girls to and build more friendships through that as well.

KELLYANN
03-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi And Welcome To The Forum Britney.

Emily Ann Brown
03-30-2007, 12:39 PM
I will share from my own experiences.

Club scene wasn't what I wanted so I went looking further. There are 2 big web groups that I watched for sisters in my area. Found plenty. There are Yahoo groups from many states. I watched the NC ones (about 8 or so). Had to put up with "admirers" lurking there sometimes. And then I did an advanced search with Yahoo to find profiles of CDs in my state. I learned to be discerning as to who I contacted.

What did all this get me? A lot of "sisters" looking for more than a friendship for starters. But I did locate a great couple about an hour away....real folks. And a sister about 30 minute drive from my office....a "normal" sister with a common everyday lifestyle that I relate to. It took months, but it was worth it. Don't give up on trying to find sisters like yourself. They are out there, hiding just like you are, wishing there was someone "normal" to pal with.

Emily Ann

Tree GG
03-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Hiya Tree

Yes i am very interested in getting involved with this.My wife goes by kassi lynn if that is of any help.I think the idea of gathering girls together is something that we should really explore no matter where the location is.It is always good to know that you are not alone and have another girl you could call up and chat with.I think the main problem is so many of us are scared of being found out and end up secluded.So if just a few friends got together we could support each other when we need it and not just once a month.Also i'm sure the s.o's would like to meet each other as well.Anyways if there is anything we can do to get this up running let us know and tell your husband about this thread.WE CAN DO THIS!

Peace and Love
Britney Ann

Yep, I've had a few contacts with Kassi Lynn about getting together. I'm really at Darlene's mercy on this one. I can go ahead and organize it, but then it'd be my deal and not his (no disrespect with the he/her thing intended) I'm certainly willing to help, but not to do it for him. Soooo, until he gets his self-imposed to do list sorted, I'm in a holding pattern. If you can PM him, please do. So far the only wife of a CD I have met face-to-face was in "waiting for him to (and hoping he would) die" mode. Not the kind of interaction I was looking for.

britney ann
03-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Yep, I've had a few contacts with Kassi Lynn about getting together. I'm really at Darlene's mercy on this one. I can go ahead and organize it, but then it'd be my deal and not his (no disrespect with the he/her thing intended) I'm certainly willing to help, but not to do it for him. Soooo, until he gets his self-imposed to do list sorted, I'm in a holding pattern. If you can PM him, please do. So far the only wife of a CD I have met face-to-face was in "waiting for him to (and hoping he would) die" mode. Not the kind of interaction I was looking for.

I will pm her as soon as i get enough posts to. So tell Darlene to be looking for my message.Also thanks to you and all the other girls that are helping it really means alot.

Kieron Andrew
03-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I will pm her as soon as i get enough posts to. So tell Darlene to be looking for my message.Also thanks to you and all the other girls that are helping it really means alot.
AND boy lol

Elsia
03-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi, and welcome to are wonderful group of girls.

I do not know what part of Indiana you are from, but I am from the southwest suburbs of Chicago. I am just a hop, skip, and a jump from Indiana.

I am also looking for someone to go shopping, dinner, or just to talk about girl things.

Please PM or Email me

Hugs

Elsia

britney ann
03-30-2007, 01:23 PM
AND boy lol

My deepest apologies Kieron i hope i did not upset you i know much it erks me when someone refers to me as a boy and not a girl and i imagine you feel the same way.SORRY

britney ann
03-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi, and welcome to are wonderful group of girls.

I do not know what part of Indiana you are from, but I am from the southwest suburbs of Chicago. I am just a hop, skip, and a jump from Indiana.

I am also looking for someone to go shopping, dinner, or just to talk about girl things.

Please PM or Email me

Hugs

Elsia

how do i pm ya?

Kieron Andrew
03-30-2007, 01:32 PM
My deepest apologies Kieron i hope i did not upset you i know much it erks me when someone refers to me as a boy and not a girl and i imagine you feel the same way.SORRY
its ok, its a knee jerk reaction now days to correct someone, if i feel left out lol

Kieron Andrew
03-30-2007, 01:34 PM
how do i pm ya?
under ur name, if you take ur cursor up there u will see a drop down menu appear.....it says send a private message.......take ur cursor and do the same under Elsia's name, now that you have 10 posts you should be able to do it

britney ann
03-30-2007, 01:45 PM
under ur name, if you take ur cursor up there u will see a drop down menu appear.....it says send a private message.......take ur cursor and do the same under Elsia's name, now that you have 10 posts you should be able to do it

i did that and the only options it gives are view public profile, find more posts, and add to buddy list. what am i doing wrong? Gawd i feel like a muppet.

Tamara Croft
03-30-2007, 01:49 PM
i did that and the only options it gives are view public profile, find more posts, and add to buddy list. what am i doing wrong? Gawd i feel like a muppet.The member has to have over 10 posts also ;) before you can send them a PM. It might be that they have PM's switched off.

There is also a FAQ at the top of the forum, tells you all of this in there.

Emily Ann Brown
03-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Brittany,

You are not showing that anyone can PM you ..... either the ten posts minimum isn't registering yet OR you have your preferences set to NO PMs (if that is possible...too old to remember that far back).

Emily Ann

ubokvt
03-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Like you the club scean held no interest for me so I tried the support group route. It was a good safe place to meet girls who had similar interests to me and who's company I thought I would enjoy. I met them outside of group and had many enjoyable times. I networked through them to meet other like minded girls and have had a very pleasant time. At the same time as I got more confident going out, I began talking to people on the form and yahoo to meet other friends. When I was comfortable I met a few at safe places much like online dateing. It takes time but you can find what ever you want to explore out there. Be careful, go slow take baby steps, and be safe.

kassi
03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Brit,
honey if you click on their pic. then it will take you automatically to their profile then you can send them a message from there.

love and peace, :p