PDA

View Full Version : Big or Smallish? - breast size

ashlee chiffon
03-30-2007, 11:30 AM
just wondering what you gurls and gg's think looks more realistic and porportional on cd's...larger breasts or smaller breasts? i have all the way from small b to dd and usually do a c form enhancer. i'm 5'10 and about 180lbs...
i like the c forms, but they still look big on me...it's the hardest part of decision making when dressing, for me, as i'm always wondering what the "gals" think when they see me~! i tend to wear looser clothes when going bigger to not feel self conscious about myself...
*sigh*

cindychan
03-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Non enhanced 38 c's work well with me being about 6'0. I don't even stuff them.

Christina Nicole
03-30-2007, 05:33 PM
I buy my forms from shops that sell products for those who have had a mastectomy. The women who work at these boutiques are trained fitters and know what size and shape form would look natural on one's frame. Since the price is the same from a boutique as it is on-line, why guess?

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

ashlee chiffon
03-30-2007, 05:52 PM
its not that i need New forms, as i have a half dozen pair at different sizes...my question was more to whether cd's look more realistic in the smaller or larger sizes and in relation to a larger frame *5ft.10,180lbs*...the smaller sizes i feel draw attention to my other less fem attributes...the larger size make me feel somewhat conspicious...
hard to see what looks more natural when looking into my mirror...

Sally24
03-30-2007, 06:34 PM
I picked 38-40D when I first started and it seems to fit my body. I am 6' and 150 lbs. Sometimes they appear a little big depending on the clothing but I don't think I would feel comfortable with anything smaller.

Sally

sandra-leigh
03-30-2007, 07:55 PM
my question was more to whether cd's look more realistic in the smaller or larger sizes and in relation to a larger frame *5ft.10,180lbs*...the smaller sizes i feel draw attention to my other less fem attributes...the larger size make me feel somewhat conspicious...

At 6' and 200 lbs, two different professional fitters said that my size 7's (D) were too definitely too small for me. The second, who does only fittings, pushed me up to size 9 or 10. When it came time to pick size 9 or 10, the final (non-professional) fitter recommended size 9 only because she thought going to 10 might be too much of a change shock for me, but she thought the more voluptuous 10's looked better on me. People tell me the 10's look good on me, and do not look exaggerated. I bought a full-coverage bra for them (completely covering the form): it turned out to be G cup. So apparently, the size that looks good according to professionals is 38G.

You are 2" shorter and 20 lbs lighter, so likely size 10 would be slightly too big for you -- but you'd probably assessed around a size 8 and maybe a size 9 -- a DD or bigger -- as being the proper size for you. But it would depend upon your shoulder width and proportions and whether you look thin (which I don't; I don't look fat either though.)

Billijo49504
03-30-2007, 08:06 PM
God gave me 38C's, so that is what I live with. Some time it's nice to have real ones, but other times, it would be nice to take them off, and put them in the drawer. Like in the summer, at the beach....BJ

danielle_from_cal
03-30-2007, 08:56 PM
I am six feet tall. I have 38C's and 40D's. One is a bit too small and the other is a bit too large. I don't think there is a right answer. One of my sisters is about 5'7" and has at least ???? (big honkers!), and she looks fine. GGs do not get to choose! Whatever you feel right with, feel blessed. If you were a GG you would have to live with what you got or go through annoying surgery to have adjustments made.

AERIN
03-30-2007, 09:27 PM
How about not tits! I burned my bra years ago, much more comfortable and econimical. LOL

One less thing to do too!

ashlee chiffon
03-31-2007, 05:56 PM
awww...what would us gurls be without our bras,Luv? We need something to support our "girlies"...;) ...and hold them up and out!

EricaCD
03-31-2007, 08:26 PM
All things equal, I think CDs do well to err slightly on the small side for their body type. We already carry a lot of weight on the upper chest; generally, we don't need to call too much more attention to that area.

Sometimes a small downward adjustment makes a big improvement. About 10 months ago I switched from a 40C to a 38C. It's difficult to over-state the improvement in profile. (At least in my opinion!)

ashlee chiffon
04-01-2007, 05:04 AM
good advice and well taken! Your photos reflect excellent proportion and taste and i tend to agree with you on the sizing...what i have a tendency to do is to go Too small and i don't feel quite as feminine as when i go larger and then i find it hard to appraise myself in the mirror positively because i feel too large...the upper body is a problem and i'm learning to relax my shoulders more and push them back and that seems to help my body language a lot...with the added advantage of effecting a more feminine walk!
thanks luv!

Ellie
04-01-2007, 05:14 AM
I've found that the C's provided enough curve and distraction. Sometimes I put them into a D bra and they fill it out nicely giving me a far larger look but in any case my GF won't allow me to have bigger boobs then her (D/DD).

I think it is best to go with a proportional look if you are looking to pass. Too big and you'll attract more attention then you may want :heehee:

jenna19
04-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Personally, I'd have to say that smaller is better. Proportional sized breasts are much more natural and wont draw as much notice. If you're trying to pass and wearing huge breasts that just don't look normal, you'll certainly get read much easier.

Josephine 1941
04-01-2007, 08:04 AM
I would just like to point out that even real girls are not satisfied with what they have. I started out with 36 b because I wanted to feel the bra on my skin. I tried my gg 40 d and felt over sized. I am now still wearing a 36 b but with inserts until I can afford a larger size may be 38 c . I think we all would like to look like Dolly Pardon, so what ever flots your boat UPPPPPS fills your bra.

Billie1
04-01-2007, 10:31 AM
I agree that, sometimes, there never seems to be a "right" size.
At 6'0" and 140-ish, 34C seems to be about the best size. A lot also depends on what bra style I'm wearing. With an under wire or push-up, dropping down a cup size seems to be more proportioned. I try to softly 'contour' my figure, rather than 'jut out'.

But, being an exhibitionist at heart, my motto is, "If you've got it (or can get it), flaunt it!":D

ashlee chiffon
04-01-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm finding that smaller but not too small is the best choice for me..i love the feel of heavier weighted breasts and the way clothes fit around them, but i'm settling into a small to middle C size enhancer as my best looking profile...good size, fills out nicely and doesn't look unrealistic...

sandra-leigh
04-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Personally, I'd have to say that smaller is better. Proportional sized breasts are much more natural and wont draw as much notice. If you're trying to pass and wearing huge breasts that just don't look normal, you'll certainly get read much easier.

Yeah, but we're having a bit of trouble coming to an agreement on which size exactly is "proportional sized breasts". The people advocating "go smaller" have a general tendancy to imply that bigger than a C is not proportional.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=443855&in_page_id=1879

Bra-seller La Senza has reported that the average cup size in Britain has risen from a 34B to a 36C, and that there has been a 30 per cent increase in demand for bras with cup sizes DD and above.

So at least in UK women, the average size of women who buy from La Senza is now a C cup. We can speculate that the figures are... stacked... and that the smaller breasted women are buying from Sainsbury, but see...

http://www.eye.net/eye/issue/issue_01.30.03/city/lovebites.php

"Actually," says Jennifer Klein, owner of the lingerie store Secrets From Your Sister (476 Bloor W.), "that statistic is inaccurate.The average breast size is not a 36C but a 34F." And it's rising! Says Klein, "last year it was a 34DD."
[...]"Here we see a lot of women from age 11 on who are really busty," says Klein. "Fifty per cent of the women are a D cup or larger."

(NB: the location references are to Toronto Canada)

If correct, then Canadian women in the very mixed metropolis of Toronto have a median cup of D -- half less, half more.

Now if half of all women (who still average smaller and lighter than men) are D cup or beyond, then the implication is that "proportionate" for average men would be D cup or beyond. That means that at least in these parts, for a man passing as a woman, D cup or perhaps a bit higher is what would "look normal" these days.

I'm not arguing that D+ is right for all of us: I'm arguing that it depends on the person, and that the evidence I've found suggests that for the average male size, DD would well within "typical" and would not likely be viewed as too big in proportion.

In part, it depends how you dress, of course -- just like on a woman, a stretchy top that pulls in under the breast can make even a C look pretty big. But with (say) the blouse I was wearing yesterday, which draped over my 40G forms rather than pulling tight, there was just no way to tell that I was wearing anything that large. My 40G are much too large to put in a bikini (dang!), but with age-appropriate clothes, they don't look at all big on me.

SandyR
04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
C forms into a 38 C or D bra work best for me at 6' 2"

Hugs....

SandyR

Mariah
04-01-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm 5'7,215lbs (yay Lost 7lbs this week!!!) and have a natural large b/small c was told by my gb that at norm waight (160lbs) C is the best or a small D but will start hurting my back. hope that helps

hopes to you all
keris