PDA

View Full Version : am I alone with this?.. - transformation hobbies

cindychan
03-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Ok , I have many hobbies and interests but one thing they all have in common is that they deal with transformations. Is this because of my CDing?
Point:

Art- from blank canvas to gorgeus picture.

Cars- fixing up a POS to a shinney ride.

Cooking/ mixing things together to make yummy food.

Flowers gardening-from seed to pretty plant.

Comicbooks-most heroes have alter egos and go through transfomations.

Anime-Naruto,Dragonball Z, ranma 1/2 have characters that either evolve/assend/transform it better or other versions of themselves.

Transformers-Duh, but I'm a huge TF fan and got a mountain of them decorating my place.

Has anyone else thought of something like this and if it is CD related?

kerrianna
03-30-2007, 01:33 PM
That's an interesting way to look at it. Hmmmm.

I will say that I have found most CD/TGs to be creative people. We do often tend to want to create, remodel or remake. Transformation is a big theme in my life these days. :happy:

I'm not going to get into which came first, the CDing or the creative impulse, because that sometimes confuses me. There are some days when I wonder if I'm not trying to 'create' my femme self, rather than simply allow something that does exist expression. I do have a very active imagination. :rolleyes: :heehee:

MarinaTwelve200
03-30-2007, 05:03 PM
A large portion of us CDers (me included) Have "transformation" and identity change being at the heart of our condition. We CD to become "somebody else" and figeratively create a new identity and "take a vacation from our self"----The stress releif is fantastic.

I have at least 2 Fem perssonas---the blonde and brunette "Marina" I even do Male characters from time to time, like 'Mr Hyde" "Mark Twain" and "Dr. Watson" for special ocasions. (being fem is more fun though)

This applies though for us male CDs who's MALE side is ones "real self" and we CD to escape that. This is not the same as those male CDs who consider their FEM side their real self --They DONT CD to "escape" but rather to "come home" and "be who they are". I dont lnow if the Fem sider CDs are into transformations as much as us escapists are.

Summer
03-30-2007, 06:04 PM
After all are we not creating a new self by giving ourselves a Fem, name? All we do is create something else. I for one design & build new homes just as a hobby. I am an Design Engineer by education, I left the industry many years ago because it does not allow one to be very creative.
So go out there and be creative, Transform what ever your little heart likes to Transform. You have hit upon the one thing that makes be a CD'er happiest.
Creativity. Your world is a pallet, make it what you like.
Here's a bunch of daisy for you. After all are they not the happiest flower of all. "You've got Mail" :love:
Summer

Casey Morgan
03-30-2007, 07:58 PM
I dont lnow if the Fem sider CDs are into transformations as much as us escapists are.

I'm not really a fem sider (neither male mode nor female mode is the true me) but I'm into transformations too. For me though it's more a case of making what should be out of what is. That does seem to fit the fem sider view though.

But I agree, it's about creativity at it's heart. Whether we're CD, TV, TG, TS, or whatever broad category (if any) we fall into, we seem to be able to naturally see possibilities. And we have a knack for making those possibilities become real.

So is this CD related, or is it that we can CD because we see those possibilities? I'm guessing it's the latter.

cindychan
03-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Great points ladies! I totally know I'm a creative person but I really wasn't until I realized I wanted to be a girl at age 5. After that I blossomed into art, comics, and most things transforming related. Perhaps CDing just opens up the door for making someone more creative. :hugs:

Diana West
04-04-2007, 08:37 AM
I most definitely feel there is a connection.

As a writer, give me a blank computer screen or paper and see what I can do.
Transformation is an art and becomes art.
In my mind, I share the secret identity issue as Batman or any other comic book hero.
It is interesting to note that:
When a character experience a transformation in a movie, it is profound and permanent. When a character experience experiences a transformation in a TV show, it is not.

Marcie Sexton
04-04-2007, 09:06 AM
I have many hobbies, one being a rabid fan of March Madness, the second of which is my Mets and the approaching baseballl season, I suppose could be attributed to the gm in me, not to take away the gg who are fans much like me...But I love to cook, rather enjoy house work, and the usual chores that one would associated a a prototypical house wife...

I would like to think its the woman coming out in me...seems every day I live I associate more with the woman in me...As I think about this though it all was a part of me long before I discovered Marcie...I think I'm woman first, wearing the gender of a male...

horice 3
04-04-2007, 09:57 AM
apart from the transformation of crossdressing, I enjoy turning my male look from an off season physique into the competive bodybuilding shape that emphasises definition, shape and condition and resembles an anatomy chart. I know its not everybodies idea of beauty, but to me its as creative as when I use cosmetics and clothing to create my feminine side