PDA

View Full Version : New Book: Life. Ch. 7

Stephanie Brooks
02-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Cast of Characters So Far (w/ changed names, except of course for lil' ol' me ;) ):

Wife: Tracy
Daughter, 6 years old: Alice
Husband, CD: Stephanie
Husband, Drab: Steve
Girl Buddy: Blade
Young Girl Buddy: Ice
Counselor: Bruce
Old ride: 1997 BMW 318ti
New ride: 2005 Acura RSX Type-S
Wife's ride: 2002 VW Passat V6

There's been much happening and evolving in recent weeks, some of which began or occurred prior to the last chapter, but that's how things are. Note that this is a Good News chapter.

HOME

We're still probably headed toward divorce. We've had some terrible arguments of late, but - I'm wearing underclothes on a regular basis, and Tracy's trying to accommodate my "list". We're not far from covering all of the important elements, and I'm working to get all of them in the coming weeks. This is a list that contains my minimum requirements, accounting for Tracy's needs. (It's okay to see there's a bit of optimism here.)

I recently ordered a new watch. Big deal, huh? 22 years ago Tracy gave me a watch for our engagement. I've worn it ever since. It's a Seiko that gains roughly 1/3 to 1/2 second each day. Being rather anal timewise this is a good timepiece. On the back is engraved our initials and the date of our engagement. That watch still works, but for now I need to keep an emotional distance. Accordingly I've ordered a new Seiko that should arrive in the next week.

I still wear the wedding band. That stays on as long as we're officially married.

WORK

Work couldn't be better. Okay, it could, but then I'd need to be working for a place like JPL (you know, the folks that help bring space probes to other worlds) or Google (Google them to see who they are). Some of you may recall I was working on an impossible deadline recently. That couldn't have gone better, given the circumstances. Accordingly, my project has changed as per my recommendations. Yay!!!!!

Additionally, I was able to help a colleague at a university over the last months. She's a young girl whom I'll call Ice. She's bright and adorable. Yesterday I was able to make things happen between my company, another company, and her university. Ice is a good kid, and will do well. She's in a masters program for computer engineering.

RIDE

From a prior thread, you may recall I recently changed rides. The little BMW 318ti decided it wanted to consume its wholesale value in a service call. This is - er, was a car with low mileage (7.5 years, 60K miles) and was well maintained. Fine. The Ultimate Driving Machine it may be, it has the maintenance appetite of a 12 metre yacht. It was time for replacement.

The best option was the Acura RSX Type-S. While I was interested in replacing the 318 with a 325Ci (coupe) in a year or so, I didn't care to spend the extra money now. Given the home situation with a pending divorce, we could have had our own little power contest regarding money et al. We didn't.

The new RSX Type-S is heavenly. There is no compromise with this car in comparison with the BMW. Sure, a Bimmer would have been nice, but the RSX is a very sweet ride. It was also much less expensive; a new Bimmer would have been much more! Besides, the RSX is a girl car.

Fwiw, Tracy has a car she wanted, the Passat listed in the "cast". She's not getting shortchanged in the transportation category.

NEXT

Who knows what's next? Things have been bloody crazy. However, events over the last few days have just been so good in absolute terms that I just wanted to post.

Tristen Cox
02-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Well at least I see you still find some time to visit our madhouse once in awhile. Happy for the ride, happy for your work too, just wish things were a bit better for your marriage. Thanks as always for letting us know what is going on with you. Anytime you want to vent you know my yahoo is always on(even if sometimes it looks off). Take care Steph ;)

Love
Tristen

Stephanie Brooks
02-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi Tristen!

Thank you!!!!!!! Thank you too re: Yahoo! (Btw, can only Yahoo! from home, as the Corp blocks the appropriate port, though they do have an open port for AIM.)

I can't stay away and don't want to do so either, though I've been expending much time and energy on my marriage and functioning. Geez, I even forgot to mention something in the current chapter, so I'll mention it here.

For the first time in over 2 years I wrote a new science fiction short story. It was a melding of science fiction and fantasy, a "Matrix" fanfic type story. I wrote it for a newsletter for another little group for which I'm a member. It should be published in May. :D

One might ask, "So what?" wrt the SF&F story. Writing such is one of my passions, and is enabled by my crossdressing. When I'm integrated, I can create stories with both male and female characters. When Stephanie is persona non grata, I simply cannot write such stories; it just doesn't work.

Point is, I'm working my tail off to turn my marriage and my life around. I may fail in this endeavour, but it won't be from lack of trying.

Wendy me
02-16-2005, 10:29 PM
hi girlfreind you never stop amazeing me as cahoitic(spelling for shure) as thing get you just seam to funtion better . sorry abought the marrage but it seams your couing to terms with it.sounds like you love or like your job thats a big plus .i think thay are luckey to have you .the car sound like fun enjoy your new ride .
the wrighting wow way cool shows our girl is making her selfe a comfy spot in your life
love that sister just keep on going . seams that things or events are like caues and effeict......one blances the outher .i always love to read thiese threads of yours....
and realy love them when you are up in a positive way................love you girl
just one question sister ........are you danceing????????????????????????????
love you girlfreind

Holly
02-17-2005, 12:02 AM
If nothing else, your persistance should be acknowledged and rewarded. Keep it up, girlfriend. It sounds like you are keeping several balls in the air at the same time... not an easy task. You sound more optomistic about life than I've seen you in some time. I wish nothing but the best for you, hon. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do.

Tristen Cox
02-17-2005, 01:57 AM
Good for you, and you have shown more than a little strength in trying to hold things together. Hope the sci-fi story you have going is a winner. I wouldn't mind checking it out. I have been having lots of computer problems and have tried in the past to catch you on AIM but never really know when you are on. Anyhow maybe late today I'll be back on and able to chat if you like. I will try and let you know when I am by pm. Oh and save a little @$$ for Stephanie don't work it all off, otherwise your clothes are going to fall off! LOL :D

*hugs*

Love
Tristen

Stephanie Brooks
02-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Thank you Wendy! Yes I'm dancin'. I'm dancin' my tail off. And yes, I really do love my job. Quite frankly, while there are rare days when I don't particularly care for my job, most times I couldn't imagine retiring.

Thank you Holly! I'll certainly let you know if there's anything you can do to help me navigate through this strange Wonderland. (That was an adorable photo of you as Alice from Halloween.)

Thank you Tristen! Once the story is published, I'll send you a copy. As far as saving a little @$$ for me girly side, I can assure you there's plenty. :p I feel so fat sometimes. (I also need to visit Classic Curves in the coming weeks.)

Thanks Girlfriends, and *BIG WARM HUGGLES*!!!!

SilkenPrincess
02-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi Stephanie,
I've not been around for a while, so I've just read this thread. I am overwhelmed by your optimism. Our marriages, and ourselves, seem to be about the same age, so I can relate to your point of view, and I feel for you. Please know that I hope the very best for you, your wife, and especially your daughter. There's not much else to be said other than what has been said, I just wanted you to know that I care. Take care, girl.
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Stephanie Brooks
02-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Thank you SilkenPrincess! I appreciate your thoughts and words.

*BIG HUGGLES*

stevie h
02-17-2005, 08:35 PM
hallo stephanie

we share a similar birth date, marriage and kids. I know it is really hard. I won't bore you with the detais. Probably same as yours. hang on in there.

stevie

feel free to pm

stevie

xx

ChristineRenee
02-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Hi Stephanie,

You sound a little more hopeful than the last time you updated us. Maybe this is the harbinger of better things to come. Sounds like you got a nice new ride now too! I just wanted to show my support here for you Steph and wish you only the best in the days and weeks ahead.;)

Hang in there girl and take care.

Love,
Chrissie:)

Stephanie Brooks
02-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks Stevie!

You know, even if we have similar stories, I don't think you'd bore anyone by telling it. You'll certainly get some good support from others, especially if you're feeling low.

Thanks Chrissie!

*BIG HUGGLES*