PDA

View Full Version : So who here sits like a female?

Stormgirl
03-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Just wondering how many of us sit like a lady? Sort of a dumb question however valid. I've caught myself many times sitting in a chair with my legs together like a lady.

SherriePall
03-30-2007, 03:17 PM
I find myself crossing my legs at the ankles a lot. Does that count?

kerrianna
03-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey Jenny long time no see! :hugs:

I've always been more natural sitting like girls usually do. Especially the knee over knee. I used to try to not sit like that in public but I don't care anymore. People can think what they like.

trannie T
03-30-2007, 03:53 PM
As much as I try to I have a difficult time sitting like a girl. When wearing a short skirt I show a lot more than I should.

Stormgirl
03-30-2007, 04:03 PM

I've always been more natural sitting like girls usually do. Especially the knee over knee. I used to try to not sit like that in public but I don't care anymore. People can think what they like.

Yes Ma'am,its been a while. Really, who cares what other people think? Live for yourself and be happy. I've often found myself sitting like a female at my desk and if people make a face, I just give a "I don't give a squat look."

Stormgirl
03-30-2007, 04:03 PM
As much as I try to I have a difficult time sitting like a girl. When wearing a short skirt I show a lot more than I should.

So naughty:devil: :D

Deborah
03-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Hiya Jenny nice to see you back. I have to remind myself not to sit with my legs cross to avoid any unwelcome comments. Most of the time i do cross by ankles under a chair though.

sami1952
03-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Don't know what it is ,but the minute that i put on my girly clothes i feel like a women,walk like a women,behave like a women and yes even sit like a women,must be the clothes,what do you think?

Cheryl T
03-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I always sit like a lady and that's something that my spouse pointed out one time. One reason is a knee problem but "that's just an excuse"...lol

Casey Morgan
03-30-2007, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't say I sit like a lady but I tend not to sprawl as much any more, not that I ever really did. Crossing my knees is uncomfortable but I do sit with my legs closer together than I used to.

Now, I do walk more like a woman. Most of the time I don't even notice it.

LoriFlores
03-30-2007, 08:05 PM
I frequently cross my legs like a girl. Of course I always sit like a girl while wearing a dress or skirt.

Angie G
03-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Most of the time when I dress :hugs:
Angie

Myst
03-30-2007, 08:11 PM
When in fem mode, I try to sit like a woman. Some days it feel easy and natural, other days, it's quite uncomfortable! Go figure! LOL!

Once in while, even in guy mode I'll sit like a woman not even thinking about it. My g/f once asked me "why was I sitting like a fashion model?" It would have been cute if she wasn't so stern about it... oops!

Myst :star:

Sheri 4242
03-30-2007, 08:19 PM
I always sit like a female when en femme. And, I usually do the same even when in guy mode.

Danielle_oc_ca
03-30-2007, 08:29 PM
I have a bit of a handicp and I find it easier to get in and out of a car, specially my Miata like a woman, even when I do not have to.
However, when I sit I can't seem to comfortably hold my knees together. Its probably easier on GGs because their hip joints are further apart than on men.

Danielle

Cristi
03-30-2007, 09:38 PM
I've always had a few manerisms that would be considered more female. One of them is that I've always tended to sit with my legs crossed at the knee. I never knew that this was a 'girl' thing until I got teased about it in school. I still tend to do it automatically and will sit differently when I notice I am doing it.

As far as the ACT of sitting... When I first started CDing, I was way too careful about how I sat. Smoothing the skirt under me, adjusting the hem afterward. I would fuss with my skirt a lot when getting into car to make sure it was even, pulled down and smooth.

Then I started really looking at GGs doing the same thing and noticed that for the most part they didn't fuss much. They would just sit and adjust things only if they really had to. Ever watch a woman in a skirt getting into a car? She doesn't do anything more than she would if she were wearing jeans... just get it and drive off.

I try now to do the same and not dwell on it...

Svetlana
03-30-2007, 09:46 PM
I've always had a few manerisms that would be considered more female. One of them is that I've always tended to sit with my legs crossed at the knee. I never knew that this was a 'girl' thing until I got teased about it in school.
Same. Whenever I feel like crossing my legs, I will -- 95% of the time -- go for knee-over-knee as opposed to ankle-over-knee. I don't know why, it's just something I've always done. When I was in high school, people would whisper to each other about the way I was sitting, but it wasn't too bad. A few times, my classmates asked me why I sat like that and if it hurt to sit like that, but my answer was always something along the lines of, "Uhhh, no, why would it?" Egh. People.

Apparently I also used to walk like a girl, too, and I had gotten teased about it a couple times. What made it so bad is that I didn't even realize I was doing it. It's just the way I walked, and I had never thought to myself, "Am I walking like people expect me to?" GRRRR!

More recently, I've tried changing the way I walk to be more "manly," but I still don't know how it is any different. /eyeroll

SandyR
03-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Lady like leg crossing is my standard way. My wife is always trying to correct me.

Oh well....Girls will be Girls.

Hugss...

SandyR

jasmine57
03-30-2007, 10:00 PM
I tend to sit like a lady most of the time. It's been pointed out more than once, but I just play it off.
:love:
Jasmine

Trisha
03-30-2007, 10:04 PM
yep me :D

Stormgirl
03-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Hiya Jenny nice to see you back. I have to remind myself not to sit with my legs cross to avoid any unwelcome comments. Most of the time i do cross by ankles under a chair though.

thank you ma'am you are looking good:hugs:

glad to see that there are quite a few of us that like a lady :love:

MarieTS
03-31-2007, 12:30 AM
Pretty much all of the time. In fact, almost exclusively. The femme sitting posture just feels the most natural for me, and I naturally assume that position whenever I sit down. I would have to concentrate NOT to sit that way. I guess that's a good thing! :happy:

michelleupnorth
03-31-2007, 12:34 AM
I've noticed this thread earlier and started to take note of how I was sitting, yup I sit like a woman, go figure.

ReginaS
03-31-2007, 12:36 AM
One of my good friends pointed out to me that I nearly always sit with my legs crossed like a girl, whether I'm dressed in drag or in drab.

Joy Carter
03-31-2007, 12:44 AM

I've had comments about siting like this. About looking kinda fem doing so.:rolleyes: One thing I did learn about it that it causes weakening of your knee making you susceptible to injury. I also walk kinda fem and my hand gestures tell quite about about me. Limp wrists anyone ?:heehee:

Kate Simmons
03-31-2007, 03:53 AM
Sit like a lady? You're kidding right Jenny? No one can MAKE me sit like a woman. Klingon woman maybe (qama'pu' vIjonta' vIneH). Kidding aside, yeah I guess I sit like one. In fact when some ask me how I do it so well, I just respond:"Very carefully.":heehee:

Suzie S.
03-31-2007, 04:06 AM
Yep, I do. Sometimes the mannerisms don't shed themselves as quick as the clothes. I have to catch myself sometimes, it's easy to forget! :hugs:

RobertaFermina
03-31-2007, 04:09 AM
Knee over Knee, that's me!
I like the feeling of my thighs smushed together.

What is more challenging is to remember to sit up straight, chest out, and head high. Still working to get rid of that Guy-Slouch.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

kerrianna
03-31-2007, 04:10 AM
Apparently I also used to walk like a girl, too, and I had gotten teased about it a couple times. What made it so bad is that I didn't even realize I was doing it. It's just the way I walked, and I had never thought to myself, "Am I walking like people expect me to?" GRRRR!

More recently, I've tried changing the way I walk to be more "manly," but I still don't know how it is any different. /eyeroll

Svetlana it's funny you mention that trying to be more manly thing. I was shopping today and I realized that I had quite unexpectandly dropped all the 'must look like cool dude' posing I've worked so hard on for 4 decades. I wasn't totally effeminate in body movement, but I was just natural not thinking about it until I caught myself doing a few things I see GGs do lots. I realized I have lived most of my life trying to hide that and be a cool guy.

:phbbt: not any more!

*picks her nose in unladylike fashion* :shifty: :heehee:

deana cd
03-31-2007, 04:40 AM
Yes, I do try to sit in a ladylike fashion, especially when I'm dressed of course. I also try to walk like a woman whenever possible, but for me this is harder to do. If anyone has any advice on how I can make my walk more fem I'd love to hear from you.

Brianna Lovely
03-31-2007, 04:41 AM
I think that I sit like a lady, most of the time, as I often wear skirts.

However, I've been noticing sixteen year old girls, and I think that they are acting more like guys every day. Many of the girls around here have never worn a dress or a skirt, just shorts or jeans. So they seem to sit with their legs spread, slouch a lot and walk like guys too.

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls"

Carin
03-31-2007, 04:45 AM
Don't know what it is ,but the minute that i put on my girly clothes i feel like a women,walk like a women,behave like a women and yes even sit like a women,must be the clothes,what do you think?

hmm, maybe the woman in the clothes!

Paulacder
03-31-2007, 04:54 AM
Like others have said, I have always found it more comfortable to set with my leggs crossed with one knee on top of the other. I was in a restraunt with a guy friend once and he, not knowing that I C.D.ed, said why are you setting like a woman? I just shrugged it off and re-adjusted my setting position.:happy:

pedebra
03-31-2007, 06:50 AM
I have always sat with my legs crossed like a female. Since it feels comfortable and natural, I've never given it a second thought.
Debra

Josephine 1941
03-31-2007, 07:04 AM
Hi Jenny,

Last summer when my girl friend an I were in P town, we were sitting on a stoop having a ice cream cone. It was carnaval week. A fellow Cd walked up to us an looked me in the eye an said sit like a lady. I had sat down and wearing a short skirt I took the normal way. I now watch all the time especialy in public.

Josephine

Tina Dixon
03-31-2007, 07:07 AM
I don't, and when I'm dressed I really got to work it, I'm not lady like at all.

janet p
03-31-2007, 09:06 AM
I've sat with my legs crossed at the ankles or knees for so long I can't remember when I started,but the only time I can remember anyone saying anything was in Nam when one of the guys in the outfit started getting on me about everyone else said forget about it. He later got a medical discharge for mental reason.:devil: :love:

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-31-2007, 10:04 AM
When I first read this I thought you were looking for who sits "while doing there business" in the lady's room, Then I started to read the post's and realized the question was different from what I thought. Well I have a hard time sitting like a woman since I am very "un bendy" but I always when dressed sit approprietly so as not to disclose anything that is not to be seen by prying eyes. I do always sit for my business as i want to emulate what a woman goes through for that.

judyw9
03-31-2007, 10:09 AM
You mean like this?
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/judyw9/SNV31475a.jpg

marie354
03-31-2007, 10:27 AM
people have asked me from time to time why I sit like a girl. I just look at them and say... I do? I guess it's been a part of me for a long time. I feel comfortable whether my legs are together, knees or ankles crossed, or with my legs swung up on the chair.

Esther
03-31-2007, 12:48 PM
ever since high school i've made an effort to always sit like a lady and write like a girl. it's second nature.:happy:

Barb Valentine
03-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Maybe an old fat lady
You know the ones I mean
That would be me

KarenSusan
03-31-2007, 01:19 PM
I've always naturally sat like a lady (knee on knee) so much so that when I was in college my roommate used to say to me, "You sit exactly like my sister". Little did he know what a compliment that was.:D

Robin_1616
03-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Really a chore for me because I ride a horse everyday!!! I force my self when I'm OUT keeping those knees together...crossing my ankles make it easiest.

kerrianna
03-31-2007, 04:43 PM
You mean like this?
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/judyw9/SNV31475a.jpg

:happy: that's the way I sit at my computer most of the time. Looking nice Judy. :hugs: :love:

judyw9
03-31-2007, 09:48 PM
:happy: that's the way I sit at my computer most of the time. Looking nice Judy. :hugs: :love:

Thanks Kerrianna, I actually don't sit like that in guy mode. For some reason it just doesn't feel comfortable. It feels super-comfortable en femme though...

CDTiffany
03-31-2007, 10:31 PM
When i am dressed, i always sit, with my legs crossed. It is very natual too. And alot of the time, I notice that I, Do the, Heel up and down thing too!!!
Always Fem. Basically, I am a women, and act like a women, all the time!
XOXO Tiffany

Very cool thread!

joaniecd
03-31-2007, 11:01 PM
I never really thought about it untill this thread. I have always sat with my ankles or knees crossed, thought that was the way to sit. i was always kidded about running my fingers through my hair and fiddling with it but not for sitting.

Hali
04-01-2007, 11:01 AM
girls you wont believe what i do unconciously! sometimes i arch ma back while sitting, i slant ma head sometimes in a feminine way, i feel like crying over some issues, guess what i dont dress often so that i wont blame the fact that i spend time in fem mode thats wy its happening to me, its just that i feel more confortable, and if i dont sit so girly sometimes i get back aches, and while am eating at home ma sister often call ma attension on how ma feet is twisting which is so girly especially wen am enjoying the food, the last is that this days ma legs especially the right foot become a bit more painful to walk-on if i dont do a little of the "girly" walk, and guess what i get more pain if a walk too manly, these issues previously made me feel as if am cursed that my desire to be girly is forcing itself on me physically, i think i have female bones or something, it scares me sometimes.

Glenda58
04-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Always never know when you will be in a dress or a skirt. So you want it to be natural when you sit.

Miranda33
04-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow I did not even think about it until I read this thread but I constantly cross my legs knee over knee it seeems so natural to me. Must be the inner woman I guess.

Angela E.
04-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I always cross my legs and I don`t give a toss what anyone thinks-Angela:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :GE: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Lisa Thorne
04-01-2007, 05:05 PM
I do it all the time. It's more comfortable for me to cross my legs or sit with my legs together.

SissyJackie
04-01-2007, 11:15 PM
As a male I do cross my legs sometimes but not in an effeminate way. Some guys cross their legs. However when dressed I take on an entirely different persona.

Sallee
04-01-2007, 11:19 PM
I do most of the time I don't think about it any more but I used to. I knew every one thought Iwas either gay or a CD. talk about paranoid

XDW Nathan-Natasha
04-01-2007, 11:21 PM
I make it a point to practice sitting like a female wherever I am. As long as I'm not somewhere where I'll be called out on it (like Church, maybe, or a job interview) I prefer to sit like a lady. I have to practice sometime. I just have to sit like a guy once in a while to let my magic stick and the yin-yang twins (references for you rap lovers out there) return to a somewhat natural postion. I'd say it's generally about 50/50 for me as far as sitting goes.

Samantha B L
04-02-2007, 07:05 AM
I sit with my legs close together or crossed all the time.Actually,I'm getting older and I'll be 51 in a few days so I'm a little bit more stiff in my body movements than I was 4 or 5 years ago.So it's really a little uncomfortable for me to sit those ways after about 5 minutes have passed.But I do it anyway almost automatically when I'm fem.

Tamera
04-02-2007, 07:18 AM
As soon as FEM mode is in. Sitting with legs crossed comes into play.
LOL
Tamera

suzy
04-02-2007, 07:25 AM
I find myself sitting more like a girl all of the time. Mostly leg over leg and I have never before done that. But I feel not only does it lokk and feel feminine, I am beginning to enjoy the position much better than how I usued to sit with one leg across the other. :hugs:

Diana West
04-02-2007, 08:03 AM
When I'm sitting at my computer, my knees are apart.
When I'm relaxing like when I'm watching TV, I usually sit with my knees together and feet tucked under my rear. I find that very comfortable.

JoAnnDallas
04-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I always sit with my leg crossed over the knee of the other. It doesn't feel good if I sit the male way.

janedoe311
04-03-2007, 04:04 PM
But always sit with my legs crossed like a lady. I usually do not sit with my legs touching but about 6" apart if that is close. rarely wide apart like men.

noname
04-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Wow I did not even think about it until I read this thread but I constantly cross my legs knee over knee it seeems so natural to me. Must be the inner woman I guess.

I do, and I always have. I remember being about 5 imitating my mom in church and sitting like her. Maybe a learned behavior but it has felt natural to me my entire life.

Robin_1616
04-03-2007, 08:41 PM
OK You guys (girls) got me motivated to sit better. But like I said I'm challenged riding a horse everyday.!!!

NarakuAulonocara
04-07-2007, 09:38 PM
I always sit with my legs cross. There are many reactions.

1) you look like a girl

2) you look sophisticated

3) he's gay I don't want to sit next to him.

Dixie
04-07-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm sitting here reading this with my feet tucked under my chair, legs crossed at the ankles, and my knees together. I never realized it before, must be the dress.:D

sissyslavejamie
04-07-2007, 10:33 PM
i like to sit knee over knee most everywhere i do sit.

sissy slave jamie

Glenda
04-08-2007, 12:14 PM
I do unless I'm feeling naughty and trying to get a rise out of my girlfriend's husband.

KatieC
04-09-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm sitting here reading this with my feet tucked under my chair, legs crossed at the ankles, and my knees together. I never realized it before, must be the dress.:DThat's how I almost always sit when on an office chair. Or at the dinner table. You mean to tell me that GGs sit like that too? And here I thought it was just because i have long legs and got tired of people stepping on or kicking my ankles . . . :D

On benches, or chairs in a waiting room, sometimes I sit with ankle-on-knee like a guy, and other times knee-over-knee like a girl, and no one's ever commented either way, that I can recall. I don't usually think about how I'm sitting when in drab, though.

Sam-antha
04-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Knees or ankles crossed, sideways sitting, most times, except at a desk...

NatieBe
04-09-2007, 03:26 PM
As far as I can remember, I've always sat like a lady, knee over knee; It just seemed to be natural to me. I do remember a few comments from a couple of knuckelheads but I'ld just blow them off.( well not really... but you know what I mean) :devil:

JoAnnDallas
04-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Last Thursday, I was in a meeting with some clients. Our conference room table is glass, so you can see peoples laps, legs, and feet. I was sitting there with one knee over the other and my hands in my lap watching the presentation. I happen to look over at one of the clients (a GG), she looked back at me, then looked down thru the glass table at my hands and legs, then back up to my face, smiled, and then back to the presentation. She gave me that smile two or three more times while they were here.

ellieparsons
04-09-2007, 07:47 PM
When i am dressed i do, i smooth out my skirt when i sit and i either cross my legs at the knee or at the ankles.

Joanboy2001
04-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I try to sit 'like a womnen' as often I as can- unfortunately I don't think about it often. But when I do, I find that I enjoy it alot

jaqui928
04-11-2007, 06:54 PM
When I sit I find myself crossing my legs at the knees or I keep my knees and ankles together, it was hard at first but it got easier as time passed.

Another thing I find myself doing is when I crouch down to pick something up or put something down I keep my knees together. I find myself doing this wherever I am. I know one reason I do this is because I wear panties all the time and tuck. I realize that I slip out if my legs come apart. I find myself doing this at work also.

Regina girl
04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
My SO is always telling me how fem I am no matter what I am dressed in and tells me I am more fem then most women she knows in all forms of manners. Then again i have always been that way.

Regina

cdmich
04-11-2007, 09:47 PM
When I get dressed and the wife and I are sitting and talking she points out I some times spread the knees to much. Just when I thought I was doing fine too. "Ladies do not spread their knees"

XDW Nathan-Natasha
04-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Klingon woman maybe (qama'pu' vIjonta' vIneH).

:yikes: Wow...um...now I am officially scared of you, Sandra! Was that REALLY Klingon? Hey, you aren't one of those crazy Trekkies are you...? Star Wars is better! (Duck and cover! I've started a blood feud!) Before I get killed - I'm kidding, I'm kidding...or am I?

But as you said though, 'all kidding aside', I'm sure you can sit like a woman just fine. (Just how do Klingon women sit anyhow, and do I really want to know...?)

TV Wannabe
04-12-2007, 09:59 AM
I cross my ankles all the time when I sit at a table or desk, I'm doing it right now, I do it though because it takes pressure off of my ankles and it feels much better. As for walking, I've noticed that recently I'm still walking the same speed but I seem to be taking shorter strides, kind of like when you wear heels, and I was told on several occasions in High School by a female friend that I walked like a woman, she said it was too much hip movement or something.

Marcie Sexton
04-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Funny you should ask...for the longest time my wife would remind me that "ladies" sit with their legs together...and yep there I would sit with mylegs apart like we as men usually do...

Now I make a consious effort to sit lady like even at work...comes natural now...

Kate Simmons
04-12-2007, 10:22 AM
:yikes: Wow...um...now I am officially scared of you, Sandra! Was that REALLY Klingon? Hey, you aren't one of those crazy Trekkies are you...? Star Wars is better! (Duck and cover! I've started a blood feud!) Before I get killed - I'm kidding, I'm kidding...or am I?

But as you said though, 'all kidding aside', I'm sure you can sit like a woman just fine. (Just how do Klingon women sit anyhow, and do I really want to know...?)How does a Klingon woman sit Tash? Any way she damn well pleases (anyone got a problem with that?). I'm only part Klingon though, so do sit like a lady (more or less) when I feel like it.:heehee:

Elle1946
04-12-2007, 11:00 AM
I sit with knee over knee so much of the time I just do it naturally.

Lovely Rita
04-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I cross my legs does that count?

ashlee chiffon
04-12-2007, 12:41 PM
depends on whether i'm wearing pants or skirts...i tend to cross my ankles or cross over the knee in skirts and dresses....but in pants usually just keep knees together...
as a guy, legs are slightly apart or crossed...i try to stay to the feminine side without being obvious when in drab, so as to do it unconsciously when en femme...
i dress so much that i can switch back and forth and my subconscious kicks in to help me...

Ashleigh
05-16-2007, 03:24 PM
I sit like a female as much as I can. It actually has become normal. When I "squat" down to pick something up, I do it like a female as well. (It actually helps with a bad back).
A

Seville
05-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Pretty much all of the time. In fact, almost exclusively. The femme sitting posture just feels the most natural for me, and I naturally assume that position whenever I sit down. I would have to concentrate NOT to sit that way. I guess that's a good thing! :happy:

Same here, and nobody has ever brought it to my attention.

LindaTS
05-17-2007, 12:29 PM
I do every time I sit down. It's just something I always do.

Alex!
05-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Only when en femme.

EmmaB GG
05-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Blimey, I've just realised after reading how all you girls sit - I don't and I'm a b****y GG!

Am off to register at a top Swiss Finishing School for Young Ladies!!

Michelle 51
05-17-2007, 01:26 PM
I've alway's sat with my leg's crossed at the knee's and worked at not doing so but i'm a real sleaze about keeping my leg's closed when dressed. Justabit

Alice B
05-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Always a lady when dressed as a lady. Knees crossed or legs together with skirt tucked.:happy:

Dixie
05-17-2007, 01:35 PM
I must remeber that, cuz when I dress I have no desire to be a lady:devil::D