PDA

View Full Version : ear piercing

sami1952
03-30-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm seriousing thinking about piercing my ears,i told my SO that she said ok,but i would like to know which way i should go on doing that.This firend said that i could used those self piercing ear rings,what do you think?

Kieron Andrew
03-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm seriousing thinking about piercing my ears,i told my SO that she said ok,but i would like to know which way i should go on doing that.This firend said that i could used those self piercing ear rings,what do you think?
get it done professionally less chance of infection than doing it yourself

Lissa Stevens
03-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Get a pro to do it. It doesn't cost that much and they know what they are doing.

AllieSF
03-30-2007, 07:49 PM
nopt speaking from my own experience (yet), but it is very inexpensive to have a pro do it. Just ask around, and you will find a good place

congrats on your SO agreeing. Cool

Sheri 4242
03-30-2007, 08:27 PM
get it done professionally less chance of infection than doing it yourself

Kieron and Lissa are right: get it done by someone who knows what they are doing and has the equipment. Not only will there be less chance for infection, but at places like Claires, many jewelry stores, etc., they pay attention to making equal placements.

If you ever get the cartlidge in your upper ear pierced, go to a reputable tattoo parlor and see if the have a piercing gun for this purpose. If you ever do your belly button, most tattoo parlors have a sterile needle process that is much better than using a piercing gun.

Sharon
03-30-2007, 08:45 PM
A tattoo/piercing parlor is definitely the place to go since they are experienced and are heavily regulated. And they don't care if you're male or female as piercing is very common for either. I would definitely avoid earring kiosks at a mall, and trusting conditions to some ditzy sixteen year old.

Don't do your own because of sanitation!!!! It also helps to have an experienced eye to judge the right places to make the holes.

AERIN
03-30-2007, 09:23 PM
I had mine done professionally at the mall. It was painless and not costly at all. Some things need best be left to the professionals.

Trisha
03-30-2007, 10:16 PM
i just got the studs and pushed them thou my ears my self but this is not for evry one so i would say get a pro to do it if you dont like pain well there is not much pain to be had in earlobs but thay are your ears :D

SandyR
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Let the pros do it. I have not done mine, but have been thinkig about it, just seems safer.

Good luck!

Kissess....

SandyR

trannie T
03-31-2007, 12:39 AM
Go to the pros and use the antiseptic. It is quick and inexpensive. Stay away from do-it-yourself surgery.

Carin
03-31-2007, 02:29 AM
Had mine done at Claire's. It was a non-event from a gender identity POV. One of my kids was getting her done. It seemed like a good opportunity, plus it helped her when i said that it didn't hurt.

All of my kids (we have a large crew or teenagers) boys and girls, heve their ears pierced at this point.

It was to easy to get it done there to even think about a do-it-yourself job.

Vicky_Scot
03-31-2007, 06:12 AM
I agree with the girls on here. I had my left ear pierced when I was 17 but just got my right one pierced about 2 weeks ago, 23 years later.

I got it done by a professional body piercer and would advise anyone to do the same.

Charleen
03-31-2007, 06:31 AM
Went to Piercing Pagoda at the Mall. Quick, painless, clean, cheap. Only way to go is with the pros.

Lawren
03-31-2007, 06:35 AM
I concur. I did my right one myself and got the hole crooked so earrings never hang straight on that side.

Josephine 1941
03-31-2007, 07:17 AM
Hi

Got mine piercied last summer a pro is better an you have so much fun talking with the staff when they find out your a CD you get all kinds of info. I now love to go to tag,an garage sale you can get some real nice ear rings cheap. Then when you get home put then in alcohal before you wear them. My girl friend an I now have a nice collection of very pretty ones.

Josephine

Nancy Richards
03-31-2007, 10:53 AM
There is only one way to get it done correctly with little chance of infection. That is to go to a tattoo/piercing parlor. They are professionals that know what they are doing. [B]DO NOT[B] let anyone use a piercing gun. There is no way to sterilze them. Some one who learned

Nancy

marie354
03-31-2007, 11:17 AM
They sell a kit to DIY that has the tool & cleaning liquid or you can buy them separately. Walmart has them. I think it's easier to let the SA do it, as they have experience and will help you choose the starter earings too.

Holly
03-31-2007, 11:40 AM
I had mine done at Claire's. Go en femme. I was treated with dignity and respect. The young lady who pierced my ears was such a sweetheart.

countrygirlGG
03-31-2007, 04:27 PM
I worked at a "Claire's" type store.I was considered old to work there,I was apprx. 25ish then. I trusted one of the teeny boppers to put my third set of holes in & they're alittle off.But I never would do it myself.I'd be afraid of infection & also chickening out on doing the second ear!!:heehee: Pain is not my friend!!!:2c:

Rachel75
04-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Places like Claires and Wal-Mart are fine for typical lobe piercing. They use a gun with the actual earring in it, and that is what pierces your ear. It is sterle and safe as long as you take care of it, and usually a lot cheaper than a piercing/tattoo studio. That is the route that probably 90% of GG go for their first set. For anything more complex than a lobe piercing though, do not let anyone use a gun - this includes cartlidge

Scrunchie-Bunchie
04-03-2007, 08:20 AM
I had mine done at Claires. Something must have been amiss there though as I kept getting infections. My wife (who works in healthcare) did not think a lot of Claires sterilisation process or of their ear-care fluid. As a result I have now got one ear that's closed up totally and the other is partially closed. I'll have to get it redone sometime.

Tamara Croft
04-03-2007, 10:29 AM
There is only one way to get it done correctly with little chance of infection. That is to go to a tattoo/piercing parlor. They are professionals that know what they are doing. [B]DO NOT[B] let anyone use a piercing gun. There is no way to sterilze them. Some one who learned

NancyI beg to differ, I am a professional and a gun CAN be sterilised in a unit. But with the new guns, this isn't even necessary, the earings come in sterile packs. The only reason people get infections, is because a lot of these young girls who pierce ears, NEVER wash their hands, they don't use gloves and they use old school equipment. I've pierced enough ears to know that usually the equipment isn't the issue, it's the person using it.

An older post of mine: - http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=81276&postcount=8

Lisa Golightly
04-03-2007, 11:44 AM
The only problem with the gun is that it compresses and damages the tissue, whereas professional hollow needles cut a section from the lobe... I was advised to go for the latter by a friend who is into piercings and tatoos... I still fainted :)